Geddy Is Hot: Mk.II

Jaye

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/RHPICS/10404265_588655011255509_8553548949488163171_n_zps9ed8c88d.jpg

I forget what concert this is from, but I love that top he is wearing.

Sometimes I see pictures of Geddy wearing things in the 1970's and all I can think of is how badly I wished I owned it so that I could wear it. This top is an example. Another great example is the sheer green sequined top he's wearing in one of their first promo pictures with John Rutsey. I googled but I can't find the picture at the moment, I am pretty sure most of you know what I'm talking about. I'd also like to own a prophetic robe.

• Like 3

I will die wondering what that is like - standing on stage and looking at adoring and radiant faces looking up at you. I wish someone would ask him sometime about that. I wonder what he would say?

I once had a dream that I was the singer for a band and we were performing at a decent-sized event, an auditorium or arena or something. While onstage I could feel the energy coming from the crowd and I had that rapport that every band hopes for. It sounds funny, but because of that dream I feel that I know what it's like to be one of those great performers.

I would think that is right - the energy must be fantastic. I wish some interviewer would ask them what it's like. I wonder if it ever gets old? If they ever get used to it?

I don't think they do,

A band like Rush always appreciates their audience! They know who made them for who they are to this day. On the flip side, touring like any band must be tougher than any one person can imagine.

I still think it's easier for them. They don't party and they take care of themselves, stay in nice hotel, fly private planes instead of trying to sleep on a tour bus, etc...

• Like 1

I will die wondering what that is like - standing on stage and looking at adoring and radiant faces looking up at you. I wish someone would ask him sometime about that. I wonder what he would say?

I have a feeling that's part of the reason they continue to tour.

What makes you say that?

I would think that would be pretty self-explanatory. :) Who wouldn't enjoy having thousands of fans yelling and screaming, singing and fist pumping while you're playing. It's got to be a huge high.

I thought maybe after forty years, it got old.

I'm sure it gets old sometimes... until they realize that, basically, they were made for this sort of thing. :huh:

I wish I had been.

Yeah me too. I've been out in front of audiences playing bass but nothing as big as they've played to. I can't imagine tens of thousands of people coming to see you like that. Boggles the mind.

What makes you say that?

I would think that would be pretty self-explanatory. :) Who wouldn't enjoy having thousands of fans yelling and screaming, singing and fist pumping while you're playing. It's got to be a huge high.

I'm sure it gets old sometimes... until they realize that, basically, they were made for this sort of thing. :huh:

I wish I had been.

I wish I had been made for any one thing. For me it's still a mixture of mediocre talents.

If it will comfort you to know you are not alone in this, you are not. I am the most mediocre person I know. Talentless too.

Edited by Lorraine

What makes you say that?

I wish I had been.

Yeah me too. I've been out in front of audiences playing bass but nothing as big as they've played to. I can't imagine tens of thousands of people coming to see you like that. Boggles the mind.

What makes you say that?

I wish I had been.

I wish I had been made for any one thing. For me it's still a mixture of mediocre talents.

I think sometimes that people that know what they want to do all their lives at a young age must be different from the rest of us.

I still don't know what I want to do with my life...and I'm 50 years old!

Don't feel so bad. You are not alone, and I've got ten years on you.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/RHPICS/10404265_588655011255509_8553548949488163171_n_zps9ed8c88d.jpg

Sometimes I see pictures of Geddy wearing things in the 1970's and all I can think of is how badly I wished I owned it so that I could wear it. This top is an example. Another great example is the sheer green sequined top he's wearing in one of their first promo pictures with John Rutsey. I googled but I can't find the picture at the moment, I am pretty sure most of you know what I'm talking about. I'd also like to own a prophetic robe.

I had a top (a few actually) like the one he is wearing in the picture. Had one of those robes too. Too bad I didn't have a crystal ball to look into to know I should save them.

• Like 1

I once had a dream that I was the singer for a band and we were performing at a decent-sized event, an auditorium or arena or something. While onstage I could feel the energy coming from the crowd and I had that rapport that every band hopes for. It sounds funny, but because of that dream I feel that I know what it's like to be one of those great performers.

I would think that is right - the energy must be fantastic. I wish some interviewer would ask them what it's like. I wonder if it ever gets old? If they ever get used to it?

I don't think they do,

A band like Rush always appreciates their audience! They know who made them for who they are to this day. On the flip side, touring like any band must be tougher than any one person can imagine.

I still think it's easier for them. They don't party and they take care of themselves, stay in nice hotel, fly private planes instead of trying to sleep on a tour bus, etc...

Eat soup and drink that spendy wine! :D

• Like 2

Okay, so now you all want to wear his clothes. I'll make a note of that. :LOL:

• Like 1

It's a way to get him out of them, I suppose.. :LOL:

• Like 3

It's a way to get him out of them, I suppose.. :LOL:

:LOL:

You go girls! :D :geddy:

• Like 2

What makes you say that?

I wish I had been.

What makes you say that?

I wish I had been.

If it will comfort you to know you are not alone in this, you are not. I am the most mediocre person I know. Talentless too.

For what it's worth, I always have a stock answer prepared for people who say, "I wish I could play like you" or "I wish I could sing and play at the same time" or whatever. Ready?

If all I ever did was wish I wouldn't know how to play either.

That can come across as harsh but all musicians have a decision to make and it usually comes very early in their lives, teen years when they have nothing but time. I can either (a) learn enough guitar to join a shitty band and get laid or (b) sit in my room and master this f***ing instrument because it is THAT important to me.

Just my two cents. Now back to our regularly scheduled "girls wanting to get in Geddy's pants". :D

• Like 2

I don't think my thighs would fit into those jeans though.

Hell, I bet I couldn't even squeeze into a pair of his current pants.

I would love to try to get into his pants.

*snort*

Tell ya what: When I get him outta his clothes, I'll steal them and you guys can have at it! ;) :P

• Like 1

I personally would like to see him OUT of his clothes!

:o :outtahere:

:P

My opinion: If you are a dude and you are lurking on a thread called "Geddy is Hot," you deserve whatever mental image you walk away with. :yes:

• Like 5

Just digging out a few I haven't seen in a bit.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/RHPICS/tumblr_mtiaryzTyx1qcs8g2o1_500_zps3bee7567.jpg

• Like 4

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/RHPICS/tumblr_mryg6aEvkj1ri8otho1_500_zps5cf3bd1d.jpg
  • Like 2