1. 1. So what's your procedure?

• Just get 'er done
    • Wipe the seat, and go for it
    • Cover the seat with TP/seat cover/etc
    • Wipe the seat and cover seat with TP/seat cover/etc
    • Sanitize with hand sanitizer or something
    • Refuse to use them, period.
    • other

I'd sanitise the seat & lid before use. I've seen some disgusting loos in my time, so shocking I've actually walked out. One person I knew of put folded up paper towels on the seat, all in a ring, then flushed them away after use, which blocked the loos up...

Is it possible to agree with EVERYONE? wink.gif I see so many posts where I could say, "Yeah, same here."

1. If you're a guy (like me), use the urinal and not the potty whenever possible.

2. If you have to go #2 (or you're a woman), try to hold it and get home soon.

3. If you have to go #2 and it seems "holding it" will fail...

Assess the bathroom conditions. Potties where you work are almost always fine (unless you work at a gas station), as well as at select establishments. Elsewhere, wipe the seat good, use the paper seat covers (if available), hover if necessary, and pray to the Toilet Gods you don't get the Andromeda Strain on your willie. You do what you gotta do when the alternative is shitting your pants.

This topic came up on another board where I post (actually it was more along the lines of why men seem to wait until they get to work to drop a load).

There's one woman there who, in her law school days, worked for a cleaning service. She demanded to know "what is UP with all the assholes who feel they must shit in the urinals?"

Take a leak and Don't touch Anything . Then wash my hands

QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 14 2010, 07:08 PM)
I'll wipe the seat off if I have to but I always find this as the weirdest situation. Someone goes in, obviously gets wigged out at the thought of placing their rear on a toilet seat because of the supposed nast that lies in wait, so they hover and spray pee everywhere, then leave. So, they've left the toilet seat in a truly nasty condition, probably much worse than when they went in.

THIS is the frikkin problem!! (in women's rooms anyway)

Seriously, your butt touches WAY less than your hands do all day long. So placing your bum on the seat is not making really making it germy. But, hovering over and "sprinkling while you tinkle" and not wiping when your done does!

Studies have found in general that sinks and whatnot are germier places than toilets, esp. in your house.

So no, I don't get too skeeved out using them. If one is soiled, I go to the next stall and if the whole place is really bad, I try to seek out another one if possible. I can't say I've gotten a deadly virus from a public restroom. Holding it in for a long time, however, is dangerous health wise so go when nature calls please!

I will generally avoid the bathrooms in any restaurant that is packed with families with young children. The kiddies' bathroom habits are often less than hygienic.

Archived