1. 1. So what's your procedure?

• Just get 'er done
    • Wipe the seat, and go for it
    • Cover the seat with TP/seat cover/etc
    • Wipe the seat and cover seat with TP/seat cover/etc
    • Sanitize with hand sanitizer or something
    • Refuse to use them, period.
    • other

I voted "other", as it really depends. For example, I trust our office bathroom, and one in a client's office building, as they seem to ALWAYS be cleaning in there.

Other times I just hover. Some bathrooms, though, would need to be cleaned before they could be condemned, and those I avoid. If I open the door and immediately get hit with a wave of funk and rotten crotch odor - that's as far as I'm going. Don't need to see inside.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 14 2010, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 14 2010, 04:44 PM)
I hate public toilets. I wait till I get home. I can hold it. yes.gif

Come off it Juju I bet you enjoy 78% of your sex life in public toilets at 2 am!!

laugh.gif

I told you that in confidence, dammit! rage.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 14 2010, 05:35 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 14 2010, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 14 2010, 04:44 PM)
I hate public toilets. I wait till I get home. I can hold it. yes.gif

Come off it Juju I bet you enjoy 78% of your sex life in public toilets at 2 am!!

laugh.gif

I told you that in confidence, dammit! rage.gif

laugh.gif

ohmy.gif unsure.gif wacko.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif cool10.gif

Wipe the seat and cover seat with TP/seat cover/etc.

I will sit on a public toilet only under the most dire circumstances. Because most guys will not lift up the seat before taking a piss, certain procedures are necessary if you want to avoid the TP/seat cover soakthrough, so I take me a BIG wad of TP and wipe the seat down first.

If I can avoid it, I'll avoid it. If I gotta go, I gotta go. Worst place I HAD to go was at Grand Central Terminal. It's almost like they try to maintain it but they just can't keep up with those dirty New Yawkas. laugh.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Dec 14 2010, 06:39 PM)
I'll use them when I have to go badly.

The worse bathroom of all time is at South of the Border. I couldn't wait, so I just ran in. It is by far the dirtiest place I've ever been in. Thank God I didn't have to sit.

Well, if that's true, it fits in with the theme.

I cover the seat with that paper toilet doily thing.

I'll wipe the seat off if I have to but I always find this as the weirdest situation. Someone goes in, obviously gets wigged out at the thought of placing their rear on a toilet seat because of the supposed nast that lies in wait, so they hover and spray pee everywhere, then leave. So, they've left the toilet seat in a truly nasty condition, probably much worse than when they went in.

I really don't have a fear of public restrooms. Partly because I always have to go. (Wow, the things I admit.) The ONLY restroom that I refuse to use is in the heart of Pike's Place Market. It's cold, damp, always packed with tourists and Seattle's pick of the scariest druggies. The stall walls are really short (to cut down on drug use is my guess??). The stall walls are so short that it's almost pointless to have them. When sitting, you can see the person next to you.

QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 14 2010, 07:08 PM)
The stall walls are so short that it's almost pointless to have them. When sitting, you can see the person next to you.

<elaine>Umm, can you spare a square? </elaine>

I'll wipe it down and put tp on it but my real problem is with urinals! About sixteen years ago I was working as a runner at a custom brokers office and one day I had to take a piss. I ended up going into this underground mall in Old Montreal and went into the bathroom and did my business in the urinal. I then left the bathroom and walked about 100 yards and was approaching the exit doors and this guys walks by me and taps me on the shoulder with a newspaper and says something. I did not understand what he said. So, I said "excuse me" as he was continuing to walk. He stopped and said " I saw it." and I said "excuse me?" again, and then he said "back in the bathroom, I saw it!". I just yelled "Get the f#ck away from me you f#cking freak! He then just ran out the exit doors. So, I try to pay a little more attention to what is going on around me at urinals since that happened.

I voted 'Just get 'er done'.

Unless the facilities are truly disgusting enough to turn me away then I just do what I gotta do and get it over with. If it's really bad and I can hold it until I get home then I will. But if it's an emergency than i'm not picky in the least. There's no sense walking around all day being unconfortable. I've learned when you've gotta go you can't be too particular with your options. Besides the alternative is much worse and you can have quite the mess to clean up if you skip the public toilets when you've gotta go.

The main reason i'm so laid back about this is because I used to drive for a local homecare company about 10 years ago and the drivers were out on the road all day. So you just learned to stop and go wherever you could when you had the chance. Weather it be in a local fast food place, gas station or even taking a leak in an alley somewhere. If we had to go we just chose the best option available at that particular moment and didn't think anything about it.

I'm another who flushes with the foot.

I'm in the same boat with Janie in that waiting is not usually a viable option. Copious amounts of coffee chased by several liters of Diet Dew pretty much means I am one giant overactive kidney.

If my only choices hold it vs. risking getting raped in a nasty gas station bathroom in a scary part of town (sometimes my job takes me to some not-so-savory places), I'll hold it. Usually I can plan ahead for that possibility and monitor my fluid intake accordingly beforehand.

I have no problem using the crappers at work. Our bathrooms are nice and clean, but true public restrooms are a different story. I avoid using them if I can, but if my fear of shitting my pants is greater than my fear of the public restroom...well, then a mans got to do what a mans got to do. wink.gif

Usually good restaurants or nice hotels have pretty clean restrooms. I don't think I have ever burned a mule in a fast food restaurant's john.

ewe i wipe cover ,,,, hover etc wacko.gif

I cant hold it like Finch in American Pie

But u can catch a lot of nasty things, true not urban legend, so hover or wait unless u want to surprise your sig other with a strange new gift wacko.gif

Merry Christmas hun

Archived