Alex 2.0

Alsgalpal

:rfl: :rfl: :rfl:

Ummmm, would someone direct me to those near naked pool pics?

Thank you. :)

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/Priestess-of-Syrinx/Gorgeous%20Geddy/poolsidewithGeddy.jpg

• Like 2

I had an Alex dream the other night. I was in a bookstore and ran into Alex perusing the shelves. I had my iphone with me so I asked if I could have a pic of he and I together. I tried to flip the screen around so could see how the picture was being taken (no one else around to take the pic) but the dang button wouldn't work. I was getting frantic! Finally Alex got bored and walked off as I was still messing with my phone. I woke up so disappointed. That was a bit too real life for me. Rush dreams are supposed to be fun. :LOL:

Thats funny. I ran in to Alex on the subway a while back. I mean I was standing right next to him for about 10 minutes and I never asked to take a picture with him. It wasn't until I got of the train that it hit me and the disappointment sunk in.

Alex takes public transportation?

I bet he was pleased you didn't recognize him. It must get tiresome being recognized all the time.

I was wondering this too.

I don't think Al gets as recognized as Geddy so he can travel incognito from time to time in the city. :LOL:

• Like 4

I had an Alex dream the other night. I was in a bookstore and ran into Alex perusing the shelves. I had my iphone with me so I asked if I could have a pic of he and I together. I tried to flip the screen around so could see how the picture was being taken (no one else around to take the pic) but the dang button wouldn't work. I was getting frantic! Finally Alex got bored and walked off as I was still messing with my phone. I woke up so disappointed. That was a bit too real life for me. Rush dreams are supposed to be fun. :LOL:

Thats funny. I ran in to Alex on the subway a while back. I mean I was standing right next to him for about 10 minutes and I never asked to take a picture with him. It wasn't until I got of the train that it hit me and the disappointment sunk in.

I bet he was pleased you didn't recognize him. It must get tiresome being recognized all the time.

I don't think Al gets as recognized as Geddy so he can travel incognito from time to time in the city. :LOL:

They did say in BTLS that Geddy has "a distinct look" that gets him recognized. As for Alex, he can pass himself off as the most everyday guy imaginable. He seems to be the protective one of the group and can tolerate pretty much anything.

• Like 1

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/imzadi-7/RHPICS/10514748_10152508734372768_816258316324644803_n_zps1b721bf1.jpg
  • Like 1

You mean in a dream or in real life?

It was in real life.

• Like 1

I'm sure he was well aware that I had recognized him. And the reason I didn't say anything to him was that I didn't want to draw attention to him on a confined place like a subway. If he were on the street, I would have said hello, but on the train there is no escape until he got to his stop. And apparently he takes the subway quite often when in Toronto. Don't think I've ever seen a pic of him driving. Does he?

Anyway, the funny thing was that where I saw him was a couple of blocks from Toronto's Air Canada Centre where he was playing a sold out show in less than a week!

• Like 1

I wouldn't say he was incognito. He was dressed like he would be on stage. But yes, with his short hair he isn't someone you would look at twice so he can pretty much fly under the radar. Loved that scene from the documentary shot at the deli. The waitress is all over Ged and Alex is munching on a sandwich. Classic!

• Like 2

I wouldn't say he was incognito. He was dressed like he would be on stage. But yes, with his short hair he isn't someone you would look at twice so he can pretty much fly under the radar. Loved that scene from the documentary shot at the deli. The waitress is all over Ged and Alex is munching on a sandwich. Classic!

Yes, and if you study Alex's face, he is annoyed.

I am impressed that he takes public transportation. I'm from the NYC metro area and worked for many, many years in Manhattan. New Yorkers are too proud to show any celebrity they recognize them, and they are not easily impressed by or with anyone. Which is good for the celebrity because no one ever bothers them. I always thought to myself that if I were famous, I would live there for that very reason. I lost track and can't even remember anymore the names of everyone I passed by on the streets, or sat in bars with drinking, or ate in restaurants with.

Andrew, I would have done the same thing you did and left poor Alex alone. That was very considerate of you.

• Like 1

I am impressed that he takes public transportation. I'm from the NYC metro area and worked for many, many years in Manhattan. New Yorkers are too proud to show any celebrity they recognize them, and they are not easily impressed by or with anyone. Which is good for the celebrity because no one ever bothers them. I always thought to myself that if I were famous, I would live there for that very reason. I lost track and can't even remember anymore the names of everyone I passed by on the streets, or sat in bars with drinking, or ate in restaurants with.

Andrew, I would have done the same thing you did and left poor Alex alone. That was very considerate of you.

Honestly I probably wouldn't of said anything either to respect his privacy. But later I would've wished I had.

I would've wished I had too.

Andrew, how do you know that he knew you recognized him?

It was close quarters. I was with a buddy and when Alex walked on and stood next to me, I gave my bud a nudge and motioned toward Alex. He immediately said "is that him?" and I nodded. Al was literally inches from us, and you know that sometimes you can feel people staring at you. He immediately pulled out his iphone and never looked up. I get the distinct feeling that he knew he was recognized and simply kept his eyes on his phone so as to avoid eye contact. I guess that was the main reason I didn't say anything, there was just that vibe. However, I m 100% positive he would have been gracious if I did say something.

And BTW, I work for an investment management company and every once in a while Geddy comes in to meet with his advisor. I haven't seen him though.

• Like 2

I would've wished I had too.

Andrew, how do you know that he knew you recognized him?

It was close quarters. I was with a buddy and when Alex walked on and stood next to me, I gave my bud a nudge and motioned toward Alex. He immediately said "is that him?" and I nodded. Al was literally inches from us, and you know that sometimes you can feel people staring at you. He immediately pulled out his iphone and never looked up. I get the distinct feeling that he knew he was recognized and simply kept his eyes on his phone so as to avoid eye contact. I guess that was the main reason I didn't say anything, there was just that vibe. However, I m 100% positive he would have been gracious if I did say something.

And BTW, I work for an investment management company and every once in a while Geddy comes in to meet with his advisor. I haven't seen him though.

I'm sure he would have been too.

• Like 1

Yes, I remember now. I kept thinking that Alex was going to take Geddy's sandwich while he had the opportunity. :LOL:

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr250/VarianStar/81050566.jpg

"So I go up to Paris Hilton and I'm like, 'Hey, baby, you left your diamond-studded thong at my house again!'"

Oh my god...I'm glad I came back to the Lerxst Ladies domain. Love it, thatlightinyoureyes! :)

• Like 1

That waitress is way into his personal space. I mean, he even had to move slightly just to eat. I'd be annoyed too :)

Edited by The Analog Grownup
  • Like 1

http://i.imgur.com/B2CmMzD.jpg

Gotta say I *love* this one! :D

Wow...I'm a Geddy Girl and even I can't deny this picture of Alex is incredible!

• Like 1