WEATHER: 35,000 DEATHS FEAR

treeduck

QUOTE (Bluenotes @ Dec 13 2010, 08:13 PM)
I'm in central Indiana and we are experiencing temperatures that we shouldn't see until mid-January. Tonight's low is 7F (-14C).

I'm in downstate SC and we're at 32, 26 with the wind chill!

Well here in Connecticut we're seeing a very temperate winter! Not an inch of snow yet and temperatures in the high 50's just yesterday! If you ask me, I'd rather it be a little more "normal"

Kinda doesn't feel like Christmas with there being no snow on the ground yet. Plenty of damn rain though angry.gif

Anyway, good luck over there, fellas. Keep safe and warm and don't freeze your nibblets.

When Tickets went on sale for the HYF Tour, my friend and I spent the night outside of Sears in -30C/-22F weather. I brought a tent and a camping heater and he brought a bottle of JD. We still froze our asses off but we got third row.

The secret to make it through cold like that is to have the proper clothing. I know that Britain's economy is not doing well, so the people who can not afford proper clothing or to heat there houses properly will be at the greatest

risk. We here in Canada have grown accustomed to this type of weather and the snow removal is usually fairly decent, but this type of weather can be devastating to places that usually do not experience it.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 14 2010, 01:20 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 13 2010, 08:20 PM)
Hey, ducky. How's that all affecting your area? Stay safe and warm.

Don't worry lass I've been studying the Jack Aubrey survival guide, I'll be fine!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif bekloppt.gif

laugh.gif nice

QUOTE (Pags @ Dec 14 2010, 07:46 AM)

Don't worry lass I've been studying the Jack Aubrey survival guide, I'll be fine!

laugh.gif nice

That means the duck man has a GUN!?!?!?!? scared.gif

laugh.gif Thank you for that, you've made my day.

We're at record lows right now, but the rest of the winter is expected to pretty much be seasonal - 40's and 50's.

But one of my dogs is afraid of the furnace. It's in the hall closet and while it's not insanely loud, it's loud enough to bother him. He paces around looking worried, and occasionally glances over at us as if to say, "Why? Why do you let that noisy thing continue to exist? It bothers me. Please make it stop." We go through this for about a month every winter until he gets used to it. This morning I had to feed him in the bedroom because he would not walk past the furnace to get to his dish in the kitchen. (He is a quirky dog - we just deal with it).

Sorry Simon, but heat is our friend right now. Trust me - you are MUCH happier inside with the BIG NOISY METAL BOX OF FIRE than you would be outside in the 15 degree temps.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 14 2010, 10:29 AM)

laugh.gif Thank you for that, you've made my day.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 14 2010, 09:46 AM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Dec 14 2010, 07:46 AM)

laugh.gif nice

That means the duck man has a GUN!?!?!?!? scared.gif

Only a water pistol!

sad.gif ph34r.gif ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

just buy 'em a bus ticket to Phoenix smile.gif

that's what they do with the homeless in the US. yes.gif

its warm enough to survive the winter in shorts...a little uncomforable between midnight and 5 am, but not life threatening. dazed025.gif

as a result, Phoenix has no identity of its own unsure.gif

yous guys will be just fine! yes.gif doncha kno! cheer.gif people here from everywheres biggrin.gif

signs015.gif th1245.gif

Archived