Best Rush Song, Favorite Rush Song

The Owl

I know for alot these two things are one in the same, but not always..... I can like a song alot more than another, but realize that that song is a bit "better" than that one......

Interested into seeing the results here.

here's mine

Favorite Rush song: Xanadu/Hemispheres (Tie)

Best Rush Song: Natural Science

For me, the "best" Rush song, as in most well put-together, will probably always be a four-way tie between YYZ, Limelight, Freewill, and Vital Signs, all for different reasons, with the rest of MP and PW being extremely close behind. Definitely the two best Rush albums, and if it weren't for (Tom Sawyer/the overplaying of Tom Sawyer, take your pick) they would be flawless.

But my "favorite" Rush song changes all the time. For a while it was One Little Victory, and for even longer Between the Wheels. Right now, I'm not so sure -- hey, it's Rush man! It's all great biggrin.gif

QUOTE (slappa_da_bass @ Dec 12 2010, 02:39 PM)
For me, the "best" Rush song, as in most well put-together, will probably always be a four-way tie between YYZ, Limelight, Freewill, and Vital Signs, all for different reasons, with the rest of MP and PW being extremely close behind. Definitely the two best Rush albums, and if it weren't for (Tom Sawyer/the overplaying of Tom Sawyer, take your pick) they would be flawless.

But my "favorite" Rush song changes all the time. For a while it was One Little Victory, and for even longer Between the Wheels. Right now, I'm not so sure -- hey, it's Rush man! It's all great biggrin.gif

OLV?????? To me, that song is awful

QUOTE (N.O.RUSH @ Dec 12 2010, 11:53 PM)
QUOTE (slappa_da_bass @ Dec 12 2010, 02:39 PM)

But my "favorite" Rush song changes all the time. For a while it was One Little Victory, and for even longer Between the Wheels. Right now, I'm not so sure -- hey, it's Rush man! It's all great  biggrin.gif

OLV?????? To me, that song is awful

Well uh, for some reason....

QUOTE (N.O.RUSH)
Best Studio songs: Open Secrets

....I'm not that worried. wtf.gif

Both Cygnus X-1 songs are the best, and imho the greatest song ever recorded by Man.

The music is harmonious and complex; arranged with an orchestra, it would sound like something by a classic composer such as Beethoven. It is incredibly difficult to play. The way the lyrics marry the music couldn't be any better. The song can get intense for heavy metal heads, and it can be quiet and soft enough for older audiences or audiences who only listen to classical music to listen to.

Most importantly, the message of the song, brought to us lyrically and musically through an epic story, is quite possibly the most brilliant philosophy in existance: it is as simple as "balance."

So Cygnus X-1 is their best song.

Bravado is my favorite.

(Sorry if I over-analyzed...but hey, it's true!! biggrin.gif )

Archived