Greensboro here I come

mlc

Hello All,

I am a looong time Rush fan, back to Hemispheres. Hell, I remember trying to explain 2112 to friends, with little luck I must say! Anyway kind of lost my way and got away from Rush for a while, then saw r30 on cable one night and the light bulb went off again. Got out all of there stuff and put it in the car. That was 2 years ago. I introduced my son, he is 8, and he LOVES it. He knows most of Exit Stage Left and if asked what his favorite music is it is Rush.

Anyway I scored great seats for the show in Greensboro 1022.gif . I am to old for the floor but a nice spot in the 100's for me and the Mrs.

How does this sound for a five day stretch......Rush show Friday night, hangout with the wife afterwards. Practice round tickets to the Masters on Tuesday with my son new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I will take it.

Kevin

Edited by mlc

If I were your son, I'd be lobbying for Rush instead of boring golf. tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (mlc @ Dec 11 2010, 04:28 PM)
I introduced my son, he is 8, and he LOVES it. He knows most of Exit Stage Left and if asked what his favorite music is it is Rush.

Kevin

Taking my 8 year old son - He is so pumped

2112 is his favorite album along with Hemispheres and AFTK.

He knows the S&A songs and Caravan/BU2B.

I made him a playlist on his ipod of the first leg setlist so he can get more familar with everything being played including MP.

Geez, I might not have driven all the way to DC for the 1st leg had I known they were coming to my home town. I can't miss this one though, so I guess I'll have to see the show again - dang it! tongue.gif

Anyway, make sure you bring ear plugs for the little ones. My 8-year old son freaked during R30 and luckily we found someone with spare earplugs.

Edited by GernTheFish

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Dec 14 2010, 12:05 PM)
Geez, I might not have driven all the way to DC for the 1st leg had I known they were coming to my home town. I can't miss this one though, so I guess I'll have to see the show again - dang it! tongue.gif

Anyway, make sure you bring ear plugs for the little ones. My 8-year old son freaked during R30 and luckily we found someone with spare earplugs.

Trust me he will have the Macks - wax plugs in.

Actually Dad at 45 years old wears them now when he goes to concerts.

QUOTE (Syrinx Priest @ Dec 14 2010, 07:44 PM)
QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Dec 14 2010, 12:05 PM)
Geez, I might not have driven all the way to DC for the 1st leg had I known they were coming to my home town.  I can't miss this one though, so I guess I'll have to see the show again - dang it!    tongue.gif

Anyway, make sure you bring ear plugs for the little ones.  My 8-year old son freaked during R30 and luckily we found someone with spare earplugs.

Trust me he will have the Macks - wax plugs in.

Actually Dad at 45 years old wears them now when he goes to concerts.

May I suggest the Hearos earplugs instead of the Macks? Bit pricier but they make some especially for concerts - better sound quality and I'd bet the noise reduction is better. (Also when I was about 9 I got a Macks wax plug stuck in my ear. Not fun).

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Dec 14 2010, 06:47 PM)
Enjoy the show and welcome to The 2.gif Forum! trink39.gif

Thanks for the welcome.

I will definitely enjoy the show. Hell it feels like 20+ years ago, we would be talking about going for months.

Just found out there is a HPDE (high performance drivers education) class on the 9th. I have a Honda S2000 and I am so there tongue.gif .

I think I am going to like April common001.gif

Kevin

QUOTE (traeplien @ Dec 15 2010, 10:14 PM)
Hey, another NC local Rush fan. Nice to meet ya. I'm in the Winston-Salem area. Got us four tix for the show.

Hey, I thought I was the only Rush fan in the triad. I hardly EVER hear Rush on the radio around here. Maybe Tom Sawyer ever 6 months or so. Amazing how folks come out of the woodwork when there is a show in town.

Hey guys,

I am actually from NY originally. I have been here for 12 years and in the south for 20.

Since you guys are local I am looking for a nice used Roland drum set TD6 or better......any good places near you?? I have a good Guitar Center here that deals in used stuff but it never hurts to ask around.

Kevin

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Dec 17 2010, 08:18 AM)
QUOTE (traeplien @ Dec 15 2010, 10:14 PM)
Hey, another NC local Rush fan. Nice to meet ya. I'm in the Winston-Salem area. Got us four tix for the show.

Hey, I thought I was the only Rush fan in the triad. I hardly EVER hear Rush on the radio around here. Maybe Tom Sawyer ever 6 months or so. Amazing how folks come out of the woodwork when there is a show in town.

We're originally from Philadelphia, a city with a huge fanbase. Yeah, the radio here is a joke. I lived here roughly half a year before switching to satellite radio and I've never looked back.