Drummers!

CygnusX-1Bk2

Wow... so it's been a while since I've set foot in here. Here's the current set up that I'm running (I'm a gear nut so forgive me):

DW Collector's Series with Titanium Sparkle Finish-Ply

10x8, 12x9, 14x12, 16x14, 22x18

Also in the picture is a 14x6 Tama SLP G-Bubinga snare drum.

Cymbal list (all Sabian):

10" AAX Splash

10" AAX O-Zone Splash

14" AAX Stage Hi-Hat Top

14" AAX X-Celerator Hi-Hat Bottom

18" AAX V-Crash

18" AAX Aero Crash

18" AAX X-Plosion Fast Crash

19" AA Holy China

22" AAX Omni

DW 9000 series hardware and pedals.

Head and Sticks (All Evans and Pro Mark)

Clear EC2 on tom batter side (pictured are clear G2's)

Coated G1 on rack tom resonant side

Coated G12 on floor tom resonant side

Clear Gmad on kick batter

Ebony EQ3 on kick reso

Coated Power Center Reverse Dot on snare batter

Clear Hazy 500 on snare reso

Puresound Super 30 snare wires

Pro Mark Ray Luzier 757 signature sticks

945625_10152964553030508_1186041894_n.jpg

Nice!

Hey, good to see you again, Kazz!

Hey KAZ!!!!! Good to see you again man.

Drums are looking great, and judging by the photo it looks like you're playing some good gigs.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. :)

@Launch. Yeah you could say that, haha. I picked up a gig with a symphonic metal band called Second Empire. When I'm not playing with them I'll be doing fill-in or session work around town whenever I can. Gotta pay the bills somehow, right?

I've added some gear to the old e-kit recently. I've got a pedal-mounted LP cowbell, a rack-mounted tambourine that attached nicely to the cymbal arm (really lovin'the sound I get out of it) and a triangle. The cowbell was way too ringy at first so I filled it with that spray foam and problem solved! I get that nice "tunk tunk" sound out of it now!
  • Like 1

Kazz, how is that Holy China treating you? Ive heard that it is absurdly loud. Ive been thinking about picking up the 21" version of it. Is it clangy at all or is it all attack?

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier man.

It's very loud and has a very quick attack. If you like a china with a quick attack and a fast decay then you'll love this one. To give you an idea of how the 21" sounds here's a clip from a drum clinic we did at the drum shop I run with Ray Luzier from Korn back in April:

@Launch. Yeah you could say that, haha. I picked up a gig with a symphonic metal band called Second Empire. When I'm not playing with them I'll be doing fill-in or session work around town whenever I can. Gotta pay the bills somehow, right?

Hey Kazzman, I think my guitar player knows you and Second Empire. Mike Moscato? He is the guitarist for my Rush tribute band here in Pittsburgh. Check out our website if you haven't see it yet. www.distantsignals.net

Hey Kazzman, I think my guitar player knows you and Second Empire. Mike Moscato? He is the guitarist for my Rush tribute band here in Pittsburgh. Check out our website if you haven't see it yet. www.distantsignals.net

Yep... I know Mike. As well as your singer, Dave.

Hello all.

This will be my first post to this forum, so you're welcome (I mean, um, thanks for the opportunity!) :)

So here's my kit, but in lieu of just listing the gear, I've created a video with yours truly putting it together. Of course, with our favorite band providing the accompanying music. If you have any questions, ask away!

http://youtu.be/VfvsW1unWwk

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Hello all.

This will be my first post to this forum, so you're welcome (I mean, um, thanks for the opportunity!) :)

So here's my kit, but in lieu of just listing the gear, I've created a video with yours truly putting it together. Of course, with our favorite band providing the accompanying music. If you have any questions, ask away!

http://youtu.be/VfvsW1unWwk

Enjoy!

How long have you had the kit? Did you just get it, thus the assembly vid?

Welcome to the forum, btw!

Edited by goose

Quite a bit of nice replica-ish kits floating around. My turn.

My kit is a Ddrum d2 5 piece kit with the *" and 14" add on kit for the toms. I use Remo heads on the 10" and 12" rack toms. the toms go from left to right:

8", 10", 12", 14", 16".

Stock snare.

Groove percussion 3.5x13" piccolo snare.

Cymbals R->L: Meinl HCS 14" Hi-hats, Sabian B8 18" Thin Crash, Zildjian ZBT 14" Crash, 13" stock Hi-hats on a adjusted X-hat mount on a stand, Wuhan 18" Crash/Ride (Used as a ride), Meinl HCS 8" Splash, Wuhan 12" Splash, Meinl HCS 18" China.

Sound Percussion Double kick pedals.

Ludwig Bell kit

Ddrum DD1 Electronic drum kit (5pc.)

Treeworks Tre23 chimes

3 and 6" cowbells placed under the meinl china

I tried my best to replicate Neil's current-style kit. The only difference is that the ride isn't in the right spot. The placement that works for Neil does NOT for me.

IMG_0833.JPG

IMG_0835.JPG

Edited by TFEman

Ok, these days I've been playing with a reduced setup.

Gretsch Catalina Club Rock Black Sparkle

18"x24" Bass drum

-Remo Powerstroke 3 batter

-Remo Starfire Chrome Resonant

16"x16" Floor Tom

-Evans Coated g1 (both sides)

1970's Ludwig Acrolite 5.5"x14" Snare Drum

-Evans Coated g1

-Evans Hazy 300

Armand Zildjian 14" Hi Hats

Avedis Zildjian 20" Medium Ride

PDP Snare Stand

Pearl Hi Hat and Boom Cymbal Stand (set up straight)

Tama Iron Cobra Bass Drum Pedal

Tama "First Chair" Throne

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Dscrapre/DSC_0179_zps0953e7f9.jpg

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Dscrapre/01e99e90-ca02-4494-8ad6-19e279cbe44f_zpsa4ba7613.jpg

I'm a pretty lousy player so I decided to lose all of the bells and whistles so I can focus on grooving more. Besides, I don't really do the big "hero" fills like Neil does, so having only one tom is not much of a loss.

Edited by Dscrapre
  • Like 2

OK...the 10 and 12 toms were an impulse buy..I had the 6 and 8 forever..but when I was putzing around on E-Bay last week, I saw the 10 & 12 of the same "vintage" as my others....I just set them up and haven't really moved anything but I played some of 2112 (Overture through Temples of Syrinx) for the first time with concert toms! ;-)

Just snapped this quick with my cell phone....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/jaminbenb/IMAG00621.jpg

Wow...saw this was still up.... I removed the concert toms and put away the electronics...here's what I play at the moment...(although I need a band)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/jaminbenb/2015-03-05%2016.31.06_zpsjpyatzhd.jpg

• Like 1

Does steering wheen drumming all of Test For Echo on my way to tonights show in Auburn Hills count? :)

This was meant for the other thread,but I can't edit it... Edited by RiflemanWI

My dad and I are working on a replica of the Tama Candy Apple Reds (using Superstars). So far though, we only have two concert toms. These drums are in very high demand! If anyone knows of any for sale, let me know! I'm in the market.
  • Like 1