I'm almost done with seeing Rush

jacob's ladder

Probably for the same reason that violence and sex dominate the movie industry: because that stuff sells. Same thing with ticket prices;as long as people shell out the cash, they will charge. Once the crowds dwindle and/or the act starts to suck, ticket prices will go down.

2.gif

I'm not sure I understand. The OP says that the prices are "out of control." I've done some looking around, and Rush tickets are in the same ballpark as other similarly situated acts' tickets. And they are selling well, so they priced where the market is for them.

If you can't afford to go, it's not Rush's problem, it is your problem.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Aug 1 2012, 11:30 PM)
I'm not sure I understand. The OP says that the prices are "out of control." I've done some looking around, and Rush tickets are in the same ballpark as other similarly situated acts' tickets. And they are selling well, so they priced where the market is for them.

yes.gif goodpost.gif Always keeping it real.

I'm seeing them in the nosebleeds this year. Not a problem; I saw them closer on the S&A tour. However, I acknowledge that as a college student, I cannot longer afford outlandish expenditures like prime tickets for a world-famous rock band. laugh.gif

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Aug 2 2012, 01:01 AM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Aug 1 2012, 11:30 PM)

yes.gif goodpost.gif Always keeping it real.

I'm seeing them in the nosebleeds this year. Not a problem; I saw them closer on the S&A tour. However, I acknowledge that as a college student, I cannot longer afford outlandish expenditures like prime tickets for a world-famous rock band. laugh.gif

Been there done that---and it will still be f'n awesome!!!

good luck in school!!! goodpost.gif

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Aug 2 2012, 09:21 AM)
As long as people are willing to pay huge sums to see the rockers of yesteryear, prices will keep going up. [/u

My favorite line in that article.

2.gif

Yeah I know man...kind of a no brainer!!! I begrudge them nothing and I'm happy for their success!!!

trink39.gif

There is nothing wrong with celebrating success. Luckily I can afford to see whatever band I want to see and sit anyplace I wish to sit. If the day comes that I cannot do that, then I simply don't do it. Life moves on....

2.gif

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Aug 2 2012, 09:41 AM)
There is nothing wrong with celebrating success. Luckily I can afford to see whatever band I want to see and sit anyplace I wish to sit. If the day comes that I cannot do that, then I simply don't do it. Life moves on....

2.gif

Getting the DVD is always a great option--best seat in the house!