I'm almost done with seeing Rush

jacob's ladder

All this complaining about concert ticket prices seems really silly to me. After all, you can buy the cheaper seats. If that's still too expensive then there are plenty of other bands to see that would be in your price range. In my opinion, it's like being pissed because you can't afford the $70,000 luxury car. We all have to stay within your price range. Buy what you can afford but complaining about it is just pointless and it makes you seem jealous of those who can afford things that you can't.

QUOTE (jacob's ladder @ Dec 9 2010, 08:34 PM)
Before I get flamed, let me just lay out some facts. Rush is my favourite band & probably always will be. But these ticket prices are absolutely out of control. For instance, I live near NYC & I am particular about seating when I go to concerts, so if I was to attend the MSG concert in April it would be-

$200 per tix

$25 train ride

$0 for cab , I'd walk from GCS

$20 for beer at the garden (hey I don't make these prices!!!)

$10 random food

Grand total- $255 bucks. Granted, this is a low estimate, as I would no doubt encounter more charges along the way. Who the hell can afford this???

Yeah thank the f***ing scalpers and everyone else like ticketmaster (probably other people too) that leach all this money off of Rush's sales.

I wouldn't blame you at all for not going. I know I won't be going, but I'd like to.

I don't think ANY band is worth the price they charge. I refuse to spend more than 80 bucks for seats, and will gladly sit in the lawn.

I'm not wasting my money, when I could use that money to buy something useful.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 10 2010, 02:06 PM)
Well, at the least I will be missing the initial ticket sales, thanks to the fact that the furnace AND the dryer broke in the same week!

So there went my ticket $$$. (If the furnace had broken in, say, late March, I'd have said, "screw it, it can wait until November!")

Heating equipment always breaks down in the winter, it never breaks down in March...

trink38.gif

QUOTE (irish_matt @ Dec 9 2010, 10:56 PM)
Get some of the $65 tickets and enjoy the show.

excellent point. Each of these shows has seats available for lower prices.

On the last leg I somehow missed the presale date (and $140 seats) and bought seats further back for $40 ea and had a great time.

The good news for the OP is if he's going solo he can prolly get a good seat on regular sale date for $60 or so.

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Dec 10 2010, 03:49 PM)
All this complaining about concert ticket prices seems really silly to me.

The complaining isnt silly. This IS a forum right? biggrin.gif

Look, a lot of people can't afford the luxury right now and it upsets them because they love the band and want to go. I understand the pain. 3 years ago I easily plunked down $600 for thrid row seats from scalpers cause I could afford it. I don;t have the money now, and it bums me out.

Hey, I'm not complaining. This second leg will be the third time I've seen Rush live (first leg of S&A, and first leg of Time Machine) and all three times I've opted to sit in the upper sections, looking DOWN at the stage. Every time it was a tremendous view, a thrilling concert experience and i got to see RUSH! It has always cost me about 70-80 per ticket, but this time it cost me 65 dollars per ticket.

What I am saying with this is that you should opt for the cheaper seats once in awhile if money is an issue. Trust me, you would still enjoy the whole experience. Or maybe I'm just easier to please confused13.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Dec 10 2010, 12:20 PM)
Rush has proven they can still get people to come out and get them to pay high ticket prices and those are the main reasons their ticket prices have skyrocketed. Everything in the entertaiment world has gone up in price though. Concert/movie tickets, video game systems and all their accessories just to name a few. So it's not just Rush who's charging higher prices, it's pretty much everywhere now.

If the fans weren't shelling out $100-$200 per ticket to see Rush then they wouldn't be asking for that much.

Yeah, I don't get this either.

Every time concert tickets go on sale (not just for Rush) I sign in and buy my upper bowl seats and I'm happy. With my tickets locked in, I go back and see what seats I COULD have gotten closer to the stage. The prices for the floor and lower bowl are INSANELY high yet so many people have already bought them, and it makes me think.. "what's wrong with you stupid people?"

No wonder bands charge so much, because people are willing to pay the price!

And then you get to your seats on the day of the event (after shelling out 150-300 per ticket), and when the band comes out, you find yourself standing for 3 hours. So now you're financially broke AND uncomfortable because you're not even enjoying the show.

Yeah, so i'll take section 210, upper bowl, BESIDE the stage, sitting down and enjoying the show for 65 dollars apiece. 1022.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 10 2010, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 10 2010, 12:04 PM)
Yeah, I remember Rush tickets were pretty cheap back in the 80s. Probably no more than 25 dollars per ticket. Why do you suppose that tickets are so expensive now?

30 years ago everything was less expensive. But these prices seem disproportional to general inflationary cost rises over time. Maybe not.

True, but not to the degree. Salaries have doubled, gas has gone up 5X, McDonalds has actually gotten cheaper in some respects (come on obesity...I'm doing my part) but tickets (and I don't just mean Rush) have gone up by 10X. I found my Hold Your Fire tour ticket and it was $12.50. My ticket for SPAC this summer was 125.00. My seats were fantastic for SPAC. They were better for HYF in 87.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 10 2010, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 10 2010, 12:04 PM)
Yeah, I remember Rush tickets were pretty cheap back in the 80s. Probably no more than 25 dollars per ticket. Why do you suppose that tickets are so expensive now?

30 years ago everything was less expensive. But these prices seem disproportional to general inflationary cost rises over time. Maybe not.

I did the analysis a while ago, its 2x the rate of inflation and more...

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Dec 10 2010, 06:23 PM)
http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=61709
http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=61441
http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=61427

Can we PLEASE stop with the threads complaining about ticket prices?

Can you please get off your computer instead of complaining about repetitive threads? I do believe people have a right to post and talk here. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else has to comply with your wishes.

It's not like anyone is forcing you to read this stuff. STFU

Edited by SignatureAurora75
  • Like 1

Well they are back to Nashville and we did the $82 tix, stage left 3 sec back from stage and front row..

anyway//

Usually we do grass seats but this is indoors for show so what the hell we are still employed

yes I agree prices are high buy what you can afford

2.gif cool.gif

My first Rush concert during the AFTK's tour was 7$ a ticket. My best show ever because it was my first. I am going to see the next tour with a cheap scalper ticket who wants to give away is tickets at the last minute. I would pay not much higher than 50$.
  • Like 1

QUOTE (jacob's ladder @ Dec 9 2010, 10:34 PM)
Before I get flamed, let me just lay out some facts. Rush is my favourite band & probably always will be. But these ticket prices are absolutely out of control. For instance, I live near NYC & I am particular about seating when I go to concerts, so if I was to attend the MSG concert in April it would be-

$200 per tix

$25 train ride

$0 for cab , I'd walk from GCS

$20 for beer at the garden (hey I don't make these prices!!!)

$10 random food

Grand total- $255 bucks. Granted, this is a low estimate, as I would no doubt encounter more charges along the way. Who the hell can afford this???

My wife would agree with you! Yet we are not done! I think its more the price of renting the Garden that's hyping the price than anything! But then it seems like prices are the same everywhere else.

Look it's 2.gif , at least you know they aren't lip synching it, and you going to get a 3 hour show! Who else give you your money's worth? I'm there will be a list soon!

1022.gif 1022.gif

It's not the price of the ticket that is overly expensive, I blame it on the scalpers (oh, really? news to me). For the Toledo concert in April. There are a total of 46 seats in the front row section CR. So far, even BEFORE the public sale starts today Saturday at 10am, there are 14 Row A tickets for sale on Stub Hub. That is almost 1/3 of the total available seats in the front row already spoken for by scalpers. Yours for only $700 each. No doubt there are tickets in E-Bay as well. You can blame Rush all day long if you choose for the $125 dollar ticket, but you can't blame them for what the scalpers do after Rush gets their share from the first time the ticket is sold. I can't wait to see them again, even if it is the same show again. It won't be the same show because it simply isn't from my perspective. The time and place are different and it's the live "in the moment" experience that has made me a fan forever. 1022.gif 2.gif