How much would you pay for tickets?

Ben vk

If I had the money and could see them from center stage, front row; $1000. And I'd do it without even batting an eye lash.

For the floor, maybe $250 - 350. (I'm so cheap. Like that scenario would ever happen.)

But since getting floor seats is really difficult, I'd be content with being in the bowl. In that case, I'd say no more than $120... Had really good seats for $70. Besides, I'm short, so being on the floor isn't much good unless it's the first few rows.

Should ask a family friend what he paid for his second-row seats (I think he was on Alex's side). I know some guy sold them to him. He waved at me. I burned with envy. (Not really, I was too excited to be there at all haha.)

I've been as close as 3rd row, dead center and paid face value so I can safely say that there is no way I would pay more than face value for any seat in the house. If it was a band that rarely tours like Steely Dan or a band that reunited their core members like Yes (with Jon Anderson), I might be willing to pay a little more than face value. Not for Rush.

QUOTE (Snyder80 @ Dec 9 2010, 05:55 PM)
If I had the money and could see them from center stage, front row; $1000. And I'd do it without even batting an eye lash.

goodpost.gif

The only thing that limits my tickets and/or number of concerts is money. If it was no object, I would pay pretty much whatever, and I would go to every concert that I could.

I got second row at MSG for about $800. Crazy? Maybe, I guess. But, if I am gonna travel that far for a concert, I want it to be memorable...to be EPIC! It's pricey, for sure. I got second row in Dallas for $350. But, I can swing it (with a LOT of overtime to be worked!). I'm not rich or well off by any means. I am a public servant in a mid-sized Idaho town. We don't make much money, trust me.

Last time I saw them from front row center I paid $12.50 for the ticket...ah, general admission. I did not care for being that close sound wise because I could hear the stage volume bleeding with the PA. Guitar was louder than vocals and the such. I would rather be at least ten rows back to get the sound right. As for price, I am on the cheap side so no more than $150. in fact, I doubt I would pay that either.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Dec 11 2010, 05:38 AM)
QUOTE (Snyder80 @ Dec 9 2010, 05:55 PM)
If I had the money and could see them from center stage, front row; $1000.  And I'd do it without even batting an eye lash.

goodpost.gif

The only thing that limits my tickets and/or number of concerts is money. If it was no object, I would pay pretty much whatever, and I would go to every concert that I could.

I got second row at MSG for about $800. Crazy? Maybe, I guess. But, if I am gonna travel that far for a concert, I want it to be memorable...to be EPIC! It's pricey, for sure. I got second row in Dallas for $350. But, I can swing it (with a LOT of overtime to be worked!). I'm not rich or well off by any means. I am a public servant in a mid-sized Idaho town. We don't make much money, trust me.

i feel the same way about cars or bicycles. if i had the money i'd buy a nice car but instead drive a beater.

To me, anything over $150 for two tickets is too much ... for anyone. I know alot of people seem to complain about the high cost of Rush. Personally, I think it is very reasonable. They sell some VERY good seats at the lower price point. For me, I like a nice elevated view that is "somewhat" close to the stage. Then I am happy ... being third row on the floor for twice the price is not for me. At an outside amphitheater, I will pay to be within 25 rows of the stage ... you don't see as well in those venue IMO.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Dec 11 2010, 05:38 AM)

I got second row at MSG for about $800. Crazy?

Um...........Yeah

wink.gif

It is all about what you are willing to spend. And that goes for anything; not just Rush tickets.

I try to always buy quality. Getting good seats at a Rush concert is something I consider to be high quality.

QUOTE (Derxst @ Dec 17 2010, 07:09 PM)
It is all about what you are willing to spend. And that goes for anything; not just Rush tickets.

I try to always buy quality. Getting good seats at a Rush concert is something I consider to be high quality.

True, as long as you Don't use a scalper dazed025.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 17 2010, 07:11 PM)
QUOTE (Derxst @ Dec 17 2010, 07:09 PM)

True, as long as you Don't use a scalper dazed025.gif

Scalping is practically legal anymore. Ever hear of Stub Hub???