Austin, TX

osage2112

QUOTE (Xabiche @ Jan 20 2011, 04:34 PM)
QUOTE (alexforlifeson @ Jan 18 2011, 10:33 AM)
now that the date is confirmed, has anyone heard about the Pre-Sale date?  Sooo stoked to have the boys back in Austin!!!! 2.gif

I've been looking and haven't seen anything yet on a presale.

Actually, presale started yesterday. Go here:

http://rush.musictoday.com/Rush/calendar.aspx

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regular seats will go on sale Monday, January 24th. The Frank Erwin Center is doggone ugly on the outside. Inside is so-so. It's right off of I-35 just north of downtown.

I live in Austin. It's awesome. People are fine. You run into undesirables wherever you live.

Yes, they only sold "half the arena" on the S&A tour. No it didn't sell out, but it was nice and full. The REAL pain was the concourse area where they sell refreshments and tour souvenirs. Only ONE both with Rush mdse. Wow.

A Rush event is still the only place where there's actually a huge line outside the MENS' room as opposed to the Ladies'.

Anyway, I'll be there. If anyone wants to look for me, I'll be wearing a Rush concert shirt and drinking a cold beer.

Peace, Love and God Bless

Clem

Section 34 , row 17 for the presale i got.

Is that good seating? I hardly ever attend shows in Austin, especially at the Frank Erwin Center.

I just wanted to get close to the stage, without being to far off to the side?

What's y'alls opinion ?

unsure.gif

QUOTE (Gary2112 @ Jan 20 2011, 10:10 PM)
Section 34 , row 17 for the presale i got.

Is that good seating? I hardly ever attend shows in Austin, especially at the Frank Erwin Center.

I just wanted to get close to the stage, without being to far off to the side?

What's y'alls opinion ?

unsure.gif

Gary, go here for a glimpse:

http://www.uterwincenter.com/maps/south.html

Note there are 2 section 34s. I would guess you're near the top of the bottom section, but that's only a guess. Assuming this is the layout (and I'm not sure it is), I'd say your seat are o.k.

Did you have a "price option" on the presale? I noticed there are 3 different price tiers and didn't know if you selected one, or just requested "best available".

Hope I get something decent on Monday

Clem

QUOTE (Gary2112 @ Jan 20 2011, 11:17 PM)
Yeah i had three price options, the first two where sold out.

But hey, at least i'm in the same room as 2.gif !!

I just wanted to know and see if i wasn't like too far off towards
the side of the stage, you know what i mean?

you are pretty far to the side (i got section 36, but a little higher than you). when I saw Rush in SA last year at AT&T center, I was also very far to the side (about like your tickets), and I really liked it. Its was an interesting perspective and it was cool to look back out at the crowd when the lights from the stage would blast back out at the audience.

You can also see soem of the happenings behind the stage, which is cool, like when Geddy, Alex, and Neil are sneaking on and off stage at the beginning and end. to me, any seat not in the mezaanaine is a good seat! hell, ANY seat at a Rush concert is awesome!

smile.gif

QUOTE (alexforlifeson @ Jan 21 2011, 12:39 PM)
The Rush Website said the Presale starts next week and now the Presale is already closed?? WTF!!

Since I'm on the venue's email list, I got an invite to go to a presell that is for today only. It sounds like there are tons of different "presales". Which probably explains why there were no floor seats left even though it was a "presale".

If you don't have tickets yet and you do find a "presale" somewhere, don't get your hopes up too high. I would just try to get online ASAP Monday morning.

Good Luck

Clem

Hey Guys,

Touching base from Toronto, Canada. My brother and I have planned a trip to Texas in June and want to take in the concert at the Erwin Ctr. We are going to be motorcycling for a few days before the show and definitely don't want to miss it. Here's the problem...I want seats in around Section 21 or 34, rows 1-13 preferably and have found a pair on StubHub BUT the shipping date makes it scary to fork over my creditcard and not have the tickets before we go. What's your experience with just showing up at the venue the day of the show with cash in hand and just scalp some for these sections. Is that too risky not to get a seat??? I have seen them twice this tour (Toronto and Vegas) and don't want to miss them in Tx. Any thoughts??