Austin, TX

osage2112

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Broncos730 @ Dec 31 2010, 07:27 AM)
QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Dec 29 2010, 02:34 PM)
QUOTE (Broncos730 @ Dec 28 2010, 01:10 PM)
QUOTE (osage2112 @ Dec 7 2010, 11:30 PM)
Actually, Austin does suffer from this affliction...the rest of the state knows it and has decided to quarantine the place.

Go to Llano, Childress, Balmorhea, Pampa, Tennessee Colony...these are places where you know your neighbors and EXPECT decent behavior.

In Austin and the other Metro-hell holes of Texas...anonyimity allows people to follow the liberal line of "I get to do anything I wanna and the rest of you can just eat my shorts."

Yeah Austin is Liberal, it's also a festering sanctuary city full of crime and disgust.

Great for a good show, pitiful as a place to raise a family.
Osage

You must be joking. Austin is the only place to raise kids in the otherwise vast wasteland of concrete, dairy queens, and wal marts that is Texas.

You made yourself look very narrow minded there osage. I hope that was not your intent.

Narrow-minded... as opposed to saying Austin is the only place in Texas to raise a family, then dissing the entire rest of the state? wacko.gif

+2 points. I was wondering if anybody noticed I did that. Austin is nice though. I haven't been to a lot of other towns but Bastrop, Brenham, and Lockhart are nice. There's a lot to see and do in the hill country.

Love fishing Bastrop. I grew up in San Antonio, live in College Station now, and (hopefully) will be taking a job in DFW in May/June-ish when I get done with school. Gotta say I liked the hill country a lot better before getting into some of the east TX parks. Love the pines. After hearing about a lot of the schools out here, though, can't say I'd much want the future TG-juniors to be going to them (for the most part).

I am living in Austin Right now....... I love living here, but property taxes are so high, there is no way I would ever buy a house here.... When (in several years) I am buying a house I will either look in Buda or Kyle (10 minutes south of Austin, in Hays County), or in San Marcos.

Aside from that, when is the show....... Not seeing it listed on Rush.com.

wow....interesting POVs in this Forum. First off, why has no one mentioned in this thread that the RUSH show in Austin is scheduled for June 2011? Secondly, thanks to everyone who said Austin is a great place!! This is the most Amazing/Forward Thinking/Green/Intelligent/Drop-Dead Gorgeous/Hip Communities in the Nation and obvbiously the main one in Texas.

I was lucky enough to be at both The Erwin Center for their last show in Austin and was 10th Row in San Antonio for this Time Machine Tour in Sept 2010. Do yourself a favor and buy tickets early and get very close to the stage!! I was on the barrier during "Red Barrcheta" and it was one of the greatest Rock moments of my life.

As for the dude with the disdain for Austin....what's your problem with Austin? Every other city this size in the State/Nation has a worse crime

rate. Austin has been named as one of the top cities to live in the USA for much of the past 2 decades. I agree that Llano is an awesome place, not the actual town of Llano, but the land around it. I am lucky enough to have born into a family that has a large amount of land between Llano and Cherokee that has gorgeous views of Packsaddle and Babyhead. I'm rambling now...

f**k it...Go see 2.gif in Austin and enjoy our Gorgeous City!! common001.gif

QUOTE (alexforlifeson @ Jan 6 2011, 05:05 PM)
wow....interesting POVs in this Forum. First off, why has no one mentioned in this thread that the RUSH show in Austin is scheduled for June 2011? Secondly, thanks to everyone who said Austin is a great place!! This is the most Amazing/Forward Thinking/Green/Intelligent/Drop-Dead Gorgeous/Hip Communities in the Nation and obvbiously the main one in Texas.

I was lucky enough to be at both The Erwin Center for their last show in Austin and was 10th Row in San Antonio for this Time Machine Tour in Sept 2010. Do yourself a favor and buy tickets early and get very close to the stage!! I was on the barrier during "Red Barrcheta" and it was one of the greatest Rock moments of my life.

As for the dude with the disdain for Austin....what's your problem with Austin? Every other city this size in the State/Nation has a worse crime
rate. Austin has been named as one of the top cities to live in the USA for much of the past 2 decades. I agree that Llano is an awesome place, not the actual town of Llano, but the land around it. I am lucky enough to have born into a family that has a large amount of land between Llano and Cherokee that has gorgeous views of Packsaddle and Babyhead. I'm rambling now...

f**k it...Go see 2.gif in Austin and enjoy our Gorgeous City!! common001.gif

goodpost.gif Not just good, great!

QUOTE (Bonghitsforjesus @ Jan 7 2011, 04:46 PM)
QUOTE (alexforlifeson @ Jan 6 2011, 05:05 PM)
wow....interesting POVs in this Forum.  First off, why has no one mentioned in this thread that the RUSH show in Austin is scheduled for June 2011?  Secondly, thanks to everyone who said Austin is a great place!!  This is the most Amazing/Forward Thinking/Green/Intelligent/Drop-Dead Gorgeous/Hip Communities in the Nation and obvbiously the main one in Texas. 

I was lucky enough to be at both The Erwin Center for their last show in Austin and was 10th Row in San Antonio for this Time Machine Tour in Sept 2010.  Do yourself a favor and buy tickets early and get very close to the stage!!  I was on the barrier during "Red Barrcheta" and it was one of the greatest Rock moments of my life.

rate.  Austin has been named as one of the top cities to live in the USA for much of the past 2 decades.  I agree that Llano is an awesome place, not the actual town of Llano, but the land around it.  I am lucky enough to have born into a family that has a large amount of land between Llano and Cherokee that has gorgeous views of Packsaddle and Babyhead.  I'm rambling now...

f**k it...Go see  2.gif  in Austin and enjoy our Gorgeous City!!  common001.gif

goodpost.gif Not just good, great!

Especially for someone's first post ohmy.gif

Is Rush playing THE ERWIN CENTER or ???

We like getting our ducks in a row , having no surprizes near venue day.

Good arena or GREAT arena , WE WILL BE THERE!!

Edited by kkb2323

I know it's too small (@ 2700 capacity) but I'd love to see Rush play the new Austin City Limits venue that just opened....

It might be too small for Rush, but this venue will attract alot of groups that play the mid size venues (Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Opeth) hopefully this will be a good thing.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 12 2011, 01:12 AM)
I know it's too small (@ 2700 capacity) but I'd love to see Rush play the new Austin City Limits venue that just opened....

It might be too small for Rush, but this venue will attract alot of groups that play the mid size venues (Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Opeth) hopefully this will be a good thing.

I saw Cheap Trick on Austin City Limits a few weeks ago, and it made me think Rush should record a performance. That would be the coolest thing ever!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 12 2011, 12:12 AM)

I forgot you were in Austin now. trink39.gif

Is there any solid confirmation of an Austin date? If and when, we need to start planning the meet up. I will so be there.

Greetings! I've been an inconsistent lurker here for a while but thought this thread might be a good starting point for posting.

I've lived in Austin all my life and can confirm all the positive claims that have been made in this thread. Austin is a fantastic place to raise a family. If you are into outdoor activities and music, Austin is the place to be. There are so many cool and unique places to hang here that we often have difficulty choosing what to do when we have visitors.

I can confirm that the Austin Rush date will be Sunday, June 14th. I had the ticket sale date too but I'd want to confirm that before I shared.

The Owl - We can dream big about Rush playing Austin City Limits (wouldn't that be the coolest!!!) but I think we'd have better luck getting PT there. Not a bad idea at all. Hmm. If they played HoB in Houston, and Sunset Station in SA, why not ACL here?

Rush on folks!

2.gif

QUOTE (SpiralArray @ Jan 17 2011, 09:32 AM)
Greetings! I've been an inconsistent lurker here for a while but thought this thread might be a good starting point for posting.

I've lived in Austin all my life and can confirm all the positive claims that have been made in this thread. Austin is a fantastic place to raise a family. If you are into outdoor activities and music, Austin is the place to be.  There are so many cool and unique places to hang here that we often have difficulty choosing what to do when we have visitors.

I can confirm that the Austin Rush date will be Sunday, June 14th. I had the ticket sale date too but I'd want to confirm that before I shared.

The Owl - We can dream big about Rush playing Austin City Limits (wouldn't that be the coolest!!!) but I think we'd have better luck getting PT there. Not a bad idea at all. Hmm. If they played HoB in Houston, and Sunset Station in SA, why not ACL here?

Rush on folks!
2.gif

Ack. Typo alert...........Sunday, June 12th. The 14th is a Tuesday.

Sorry boot that.

f*ckin A!

Gonna get my ticket soon!

Were you say for a meetup? ........ Hill's Cafe? On Congress, they make a very good Chicken Fried Steak.

There's Hut's on 6th..... very good hamburgers

It might be too far away, but there is always "The Salt Lick" in Driftwood outside of Austin

Chuy's is good, but very overrated

QUOTE (Bonghitsforjesus @ Dec 28 2010, 01:52 AM)
Actually, Austin does suffer from this affliction...the rest of the state knows it and has decided to quarantine the place.

Go to Llano, Childress, Balmorhea, Pampa, Tennessee Colony...these are places where you know your neighbors and EXPECT decent behavior.

In Austin and the other Metro-hell holes of Texas...anonyimity allows people to follow the liberal line of "I get to do anything I wanna and the rest of you can just eat my shorts."

Yeah Austin is Liberal, it's also a festering sanctuary city full of crime and disgust.

Osage

I know a lot of people who would disagree strongly with that kind of blanket statement. Your comment shows me that living in the small towns in Texas is a great place to be small minded, too.

have a nice day.

Actually, I'm from Houston...and even we look down on Austin's liberal affliction.

Osage

OMGOSH...ebay already has tickets for sale...that really makes me sooooo mad.

I really wish RUSH would spend the time to make this not happen.

Register, sell then tickets...the name and the ticket need to match.

I've got 4 on the floor...Sec. 5.

I felt like I never saw Sec. 1-4...only 5 and 6.

I was going to pass and try the later sell date but wussed out and bought.

If I get better, I'll sell my four for cost.

Osage

QUOTE (osage2112 @ Jan 19 2011, 12:28 PM)

Osage

I know a lot of people who would disagree strongly with that kind of blanket statement. Your comment shows me that living in the small towns in Texas is a great place to be small minded, too.

have a nice day.

Actually, I'm from Houston...and even we look down on Austin's liberal affliction.

Osage

What's wrong with you, then?

QUOTE (01GT Eibach @ Dec 6 2010, 01:34 PM)
I saw Rush on the S&A tour in Austin. Evidently that was their first visit EVER to Austin. It was in the Frank Erwin Center but with the much smaller "theater configuration". I have seen a bunch of concerts there, and Rush was the only one in this smaller configuration (was not sold out, either). It is particularly nice as makes it a much smaller venue as they use only half the arena, essentially. This makes every seat an excellent vantage point. When I saw the current TMT tour here in Pittsburgh, PA, it was the normal "entire arena" configuration with a LOT more people than when in Austin on S&A. If your Austin gig again utilizes the "theater configuration", make sure you go. It is an AWESOME way to experience Rush. I promise you that.

I clicked on the seat configuration online, and it is NOT showing the theater setup. It is showing the traditional setup with the stage in the south end. Of course, the chart may be wrong, or it may be possible that they expect to fill the place more than last time. Not sure why... they do seem to be on a popularity high right now. Maybe they also are not going to go to Dallas or Houston this go around, and they are expecting road trippers... who knows. I saw Rush at AT&T center in San Antonio last year with the normal stage setup (at one end of the arena) and it was cranking. I say go, no matter what the seating arrangement is!

QUOTE (Bonghitsforjesus @ Jan 20 2011, 01:17 AM)
QUOTE (osage2112 @ Jan 19 2011, 12:28 PM)

Osage

have a nice day.

Osage

What's wrong with you, then?

You're right dude...Austin is like Texas' crazy uncle...you just gotta love him!

I could not imagine Texas with out it!!!

Now onto a GREAT show!!!!

Osage

QUOTE (osage2112 @ Dec 7 2010, 10:30 PM)

Osage

Hey, you should come to Eeyore's Birthday Party, drop some acid, and dance naked in the drum circle. Your tax dollars hard at work! Bwah-hahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Xabiche @ Jan 20 2011, 05:49 PM)
QUOTE (osage2112 @ Dec 7 2010, 10:30 PM)

Osage

Hey, you should come to Eeyore's Birthday Party, drop some acid, and dance naked in the drum circle. Your tax dollars hard at work! Bwah-hahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!