service, at:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/xanstar/

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might

agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider

signing yourself.

Best wishes,

Snow-Dog2112

I signed this a LONG time ago.

I'll never ever understand why someone would want them to NOT be inducted. Yeah, the organization is bullshit and it's too little too late, but even a little bit of mainstream acceptance and respect is better than none IMHO...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 6 2010, 03:01 AM)
I signed this a LONG time ago.

I'll never ever understand why someone would want them to NOT be inducted.  Yeah, the organization is bullshit and it's too little too late, but even a little bit of mainstream acceptance and respect is better than none IMHO...

trink39.gif

Agreed. This is my experience (I signed twelve years ago) and thoughts on the matter, too...

Except for the part about "never ever" understanding the "I hope they never get inducted" mindset. I CAN understand that mindset, although I don't share it.

What is this petition you speak of? I have never heard of it.

laugh.gif

Ya gotta love how every six months another Newbie comes along and "makes us aware," as if for the first time, of this Hall of Fame petition thing. laugh.gif

We didn't know about this! Thanks, rook! wink.gif

Why do so many people on here appear to be obsessed with this crap??

I've seen a hundred threads on this...

Just listen to the albums, go to the concerts, go about your business and forget about it, if it happens it happens, if it don't it don't, like the weather...

schla03.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Dec 6 2010, 01:32 AM)
I don't want them to get recognition.
Then we'll have fan boys running rampart saying "Oh god TSOR and TS are my favorite songs".

I want them to be my little thing.

This attitude I understand even less.

I have never, ever wanted Rush to be a secret shared by few. Their music is too great for that. It needs to be admired by as many countless millions as possible. To deprive anyone of the right to experience Rush is a crime.

IMHO...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 6 2010, 03:50 AM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Dec 6 2010, 01:32 AM)
I don't want them to get recognition.
Then we'll have fan boys running rampart saying "Oh god TSOR and TS are my favorite songs".

I want them to be my little thing.

This attitude I understand even less.

I have never, ever wanted Rush to be a secret shared by few. Their music is too great for that. It needs to be admired by as many countless millions as possible. To deprive anyone of the right to experience Rush is a crime.

IMHO...

goodpost.gif

I totally agree! I was just trying to convince a friend she needed to give RUSH a chance! She just won't listen! Poor girl. confused13.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Dec 6 2010, 03:26 AM)
Their music doesn't deserve to be heard by the brainwashed masses who listen to pop bull shit, and other forms of horrible junk.

Some of those people don't realize that there's better music out there. Some of them might love Rush if they were exposed to them. There are people on this board who used to listen to pop music before someone was kind enough to introduce them to Rush or they came across them somehow. You don't even want those people to be given the chance? confused13.gif

No, I don't. Most people will just go "Oh, they suck."

I've dealt with the crowd before, it just doesn't work.

They aren't for everyone, and I'd really like it to stay that way.

I don't want them to be like Led Zeppelin, or The Beatles, I like them the way they are.

Just like Porcupine Tree. I'd shit if they played Stadiums.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 6 2010, 05:23 PM)
Why do so many people on here appear to be obsessed with this crap??

I've seen a hundred threads on this...

Just listen to the albums, go to the concerts, go about your business and forget about it, if it happens it happens, if it don't it don't, like the weather...

schla03.gif

...because some fans feel that the larger world has not only slighted 2.gif but also them for liking 'em. They shouldn't feel that way but I'm sure some do.

Can we have a petition Never to have a petition agian

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Dec 6 2010, 12:02 AM)
Not this again. I hope like many others Rush NEVER gets inducted, and if they do they hopefully won't even show up to accept. beathorse.gif

I'm with you here. This is one petition one should just say NO.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 6 2010, 09:44 AM)
I guess theres some satisfaction to have the HoF reconize Rush, but to me personally it means nothing.

Stole my post.

It won't mean much to them either because of who the Hall has been nominating lately (Blondie, Chic, Madonna, Bon Jovi) and because of who they're shunning (Deep Purple, any good prog act that hasn't sold out). The boys know this, which is why we hear certain comments from them, like Alex saying in an interview, "I couldn't care less...look who's up for induction."

It's great whenever the boys get mainstream recognition. They've been getting more of that these days, and that's cool. If they get nominated for the RRHOF, fine. If they actually get in, fine. The boys will be class acts about it and make a fine scripted speech and move on. But it won't mean much to them.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 6 2010, 10:00 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 6 2010, 09:44 AM)
I guess theres some satisfaction to have the HoF reconize Rush, but to me personally it means nothing.

Stole my post.

It won't mean much to them either because of who the Hall has been nominating lately (Blondie, Chic, Madonna, Bon Jovi) and because of who they're shunning (Deep Purple, any good prog act that hasn't sold out). The boys know this, which is why we hear certain comments from them, like Alex saying in an interview, "I couldn't care less...look who's up for induction."

It's great whenever the boys get mainstream recognition. They've been getting more of that these days, and that's cool. If they get nominated for the RRHOF, fine. If they actually get in, fine. The boys will be class acts about it and make a fine scripted speech and move on. But it won't mean much to them.

don't forget the muppets. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived