Fly by Night video

Rod in Toronto

I was checking the Fly by Night video last night and couldn't help but notice Neil sporting a CRUCIFIX!?!?!!?!?!?! How come???? I can see that the whole "Freewill + Faithless + BU2B" atheist, religion-hatred attitude would be something he developed thoughout his life, but has he really ever been catholic enough to wear a crucifix in one of the band's videos?

I never noticed that. Maybe he got it from Peter Criss. He used to wear a cross back in the early Kiss days. Maybe Neil thought it looked cool and added it to his look.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Dec 4 2010, 02:32 PM)
I've known plenty of non-religious people to wear religious symbols.

Non-religious, yes...but anti-religion? It just seems weird. But yeah, I thought it was more of a style thing too.

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Dec 4 2010, 03:42 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Dec 4 2010, 02:32 PM)
I've known plenty of non-religious people to wear religious symbols.

Non-religious, yes...but anti-religion? It just seems weird. But yeah, I thought it was more of a style thing too.

he was also what, like 23? he probably hadn't fully developed his religious hatred yet tongue.gif

I don't think Neil hates religion...

he simply doesn't follow one. I'm sure he respects religious individuals who are respectful enough to atheists/agnostics.

One thing I can't stand is when people degrade me because of atheism/agnosticism. I try to live morally and always go for the best, but still some people hate me because they don't understand. But then I have friends who respect my beliefs, and I respect theirs equally.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Dec 4 2010, 05:41 PM)
he simply doesn't follow one. I'm sure he respects religious individuals who are respectful enough to atheists/agnostics.

Agreed. To say he HATES religion is a stretch. I'm sure he appreciates all the charity work many churches participate in. He just doesn't agree with their ideas on faith.

It's because Rush are a HEAVY METAL band, and they wanted to follow the HEAVY METAL GODS Black Sabbath. They are all SATANISTS and tehy wear crosses. Kneel was just paying homage to them, like all his lyrics are an homage to the people he stole the lyrics from.

Seemples.

Oh, and Neal HATES religion, he hopes all you people of faith go to HELL. Even though hell doesn't exist, Neill hopes it does for you, just to piss you off.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Dec 4 2010, 04:46 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Dec 4 2010, 05:41 PM)

Agreed. To say he HATES religion is a stretch. I'm sure he appreciates all the charity work many churches participate in. He just doesn't agree with their ideas on faith.

Ditto.

Heck, I'm a Christian and I agree with some of his views on religion, like how blind faith and following the crowd can be dangerous. Besides, if he were to lump all "religious" people into one group and put on a label, wouldn't that be going against everything he writes about?

Augh. The many questions I'm burning to ask him. He'd be the most fascinating individual to have a conversation with over coffee.. Sometimes it's so difficult to interpret how people feel about things.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Dec 4 2010, 07:02 PM)

Ditto.

Heck, I'm a Christian and I agree with some of his views on religion, like how blind faith and following the crowd can be dangerous. Besides, if he were to lump all "religious" people into one group and put on a label, wouldn't that be going against everything he writes about?

Augh. The many questions I'm burning to ask him. He'd be the most fascinating individual to have a conversation with over coffee.. Sometimes it's so difficult to interpret how people feel about things.

Neil hates you and I more than anyone, because we're not only fans but we're CHRISTIAN fans. We get DOUBLE the hatred from Neil tongue.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Dec 4 2010, 06:24 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Dec 4 2010, 07:02 PM)

Ditto.

Neil hates you and I more than anyone, because we're not only fans but we're CHRISTIAN fans. We get DOUBLE the hatred from Neil tongue.gif

Ah, but remember -- open-mindedness is something to be valued, as well.

You're probably right, though. I'd send him a letter if I could anyways.

It'd probably say something along the lines of "I love your writing... but don't abuse the italics button".

/nerd

QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Dec 4 2010, 03:41 PM)
One thing I can't stand is when people degrade me because of atheism/agnosticism. I try to live morally and always go for the best, but still some people hate me because they don't understand. But then I have friends who respect my beliefs, and I respect theirs equally.

goodpost.gif

What a wonderful world it would be if everyone could think like this. Too bad some people are threatened by the idea of people making their own decisions about religion.

If it bugs you so much that Neil - or anyone for that matter - doesn't subscribe exactly to your religion, perhaps you need to examine why that is? For it says a great deal more about you than it does about Neil... Just sayin'.

beathorse.gif

Oh, and I agree with those who say that it was just a style thing.....

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Dec 4 2010, 08:05 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Dec 4 2010, 03:41 PM)

goodpost.gif

What a wonderful world it would be if everyone could think like this. Too bad some people are threatened by the idea of people making their own decisions about religion.

If it bugs you so much that Neil - or anyone for that matter - doesn't subscribe exactly to your religion, perhaps you need to examine why that is? For it says a great deal more about you than it does about Neil... Just sayin'.

beathorse.gif

Oh, and I agree with those who say that it was just a style thing.....

goodpost.gif On both.

Agreed.

Archived