Classic Rush Stuff for New Fans

snowdogged

I'm not a new fan but I did miss a big chunk of Rush history. Nice to catch up - Thanks a bunch! biggrin.gif

Thanks snowdogged, that was a great way to celebrate Thursday being three months since my first Rush show! I'm always looking for the "next step" as a new (serious) Rush fan. I'd heard Max Webster and YYZ with the Foo Fighters, but not Harvard, the Junos, and Tears Are Not Enough. Looking forward to whatever anyone might add! BTW, the Tragically Hip did a great job with their tribute new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

This has got one awesome guitar solo from Alex on it (pity he is not in the video like on Gowans Lost Brotherhood). The solo is not short either!

PS nearly forgot, it is Greenway and the song is In The Danger Zone.

Enjoy biggrin.gif

Stop Press....

Platinum Blonde Crying Over You (again no Alex in Video).

Couldn't find Holy Water from this album on Youtube (Alex also plays on that).

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Dec 4 2010, 07:58 PM)
Thanks snowdogged, that was a great way to celebrate Thursday being three months since my first Rush show! I'm always looking for the "next step" as a new (serious) Rush fan. I'd heard Max Webster and YYZ with the Foo Fighters, but not Harvard, the Junos, and Tears Are Not Enough. Looking forward to whatever anyone might add! BTW, the Tragically Hip did a great job with their tribute new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

tragically hip new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

been awhile since i heard them

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Dec 4 2010, 11:27 PM)
Don't forget Ged's guest appearance on Bob and Doug McKenzie's "Great White North" theme song:

www.youtube.com

Yeah, I was looking for the video version of it and could not find it. I saw it on Youtube a couple of years ago but it seems to be gone now.

I'm glad some of you people found some new stuff to entertain you all. You are all very welcome!

Here are some more.

This is the most stoned that I have seen them in an interview, especially Alex!

Part 1

Part 2

Geddy and Alex in their short lived MLB days.

Not one Geddy's finest singing moments but it's cool just that he did it.

Maybe some of you have never seen an Alex Lifeson rant since he no longer does them.

If you let the first video finish another will automatically load. There are four videos in all.

That's all for now!

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Dec 5 2010, 02:07 AM)
Don't forget Ged's guest appearance on Bob and Doug McKenzie's "Great White North" theme song:

www.youtube.com

Yeah, I was looking for the video version of it and could not find it. I saw it on Youtube a couple of years ago but it seems to be gone now.

I'm glad some of you people found some new stuff to entertain you all. You are all very welcome!

Here are some more.

Part 1

Part 2

Maybe some of you have never seen an Alex Lifeson rant since he no longer does them.

If you let the first video finish another will automatically load. There are four videos in all.

That's all for now!

Were they talking about Signals in those interviews. I now the chronological order of there albums but the years are fuzzy?

Keep posting, these are interesting

QUOTE (tkdryan @ Dec 6 2010, 02:44 AM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Dec 5 2010, 02:07 AM)

www.youtube.com

Here are some more.

Part 1

Part 2

That's all for now!

Were they talking about Signals in those interviews. I now the chronological order of there albums but the years are fuzzy?

Keep posting, these are interesting

They are talking about Permanent Waves.

Archived