What music do you listen to that is competely

micgtr71

I was reading through this thread and realized that if I hear anything that sounds even a bit like Rush then I usually dismiss it. There really is no one else like Rush.

I went to a Yes show during The Ladder tour in 1998 with a bunch of friends and The Alan Parsons Project was the opening band. I never really liked APP that much, but at one point they played a very Rush-like song and I payed very close attention. At that time there was no Rush and we didn't know if there would be one again. I remember very clearly wishing that they would return. It was a wish that was eventually fulfilled and at that same venue a few years later.

Ahh, memories. R.I.P. Starwood Amphitheater, Antioch, TN.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jan 6 2012, 02:23 PM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jan 5 2012, 09:46 AM)
I like good pop music, like The Cars, and The Cure.

I also like good old 80's bombast, like U2 and The Alarm.

The Alarm is one my favourite bands, you need to check out "Under Attack" from 2007...one of my top 10 album releases of all time.

http://www.thealarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/underattack_album.jpg

I have that. I have pretty much everything they've done (except thier newest one). I like Superchannel and Cease and Desist.

We saw them on the Guerilla Tactics tour (with The Fixx and The English Beat) a couple of years ago. Got a drumstick and handshake for my troubles.

I've been into The Alarm from the very beginning. I saw them open for U2 in 1983!

Damn I'm getting old...

angry.gif

laugh.gif