RUSH=Scalpers

briremo

Tickets for Madison Square Garden are on Stub-Hub for $5000. I love scalpers

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.....we all love to brag about Rush, spread the joy, infect our youth and hope they can be as popular as other bands because of our massive love for this band.

Well it has come at a cost. Rush IMO has not been this popular since...well yes 30 years ago when Mopving Pictures was being recorded. So it is fitting they call this the Time Machine Tour as their popularity has never been higher in the last 30 years than now. They are everywhere.

So we have higher ticket prices. They have other ticket options everyone. You can see them much for much less.....but you won't have the view you want.

It is what it is. For those that are used to traveling to multiple shows etc. Yeah it is steep.

And even someone like me who goes to an average of 2 shows a tour (since their 2002 return on the VT tour) it is expensive. But they are worth every penny for me.

If you find the ticket price too expensive. Then don't go. But obviously there are plenty of fans willing to pony up. Once that does not happen they will be done.

Rush will never do a smaller venue or club circuit.....ever. They are a shed and hockey arena act. Not anything more (stadiums unless overseas these days) or anything less (small theatres, clubs).

For Fort Lauderdale the highest ticket price is $143.75 with fees included. Not awful but not economical either. This will be part of my families entertainment budget for all of 2011. I need 3 tickets. So it is a chunk of change. And I have a good income, but I agree it is not cheap to see Rush these days.

But the prices are not appauling like some think around here when you compare them to the other major acts out there with their type of resume.

The Stones

U2

Kiss

Roger Waters

Clapton

The Who

Aerosmith

They all charge hefty prices for their shows.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Todem @ Dec 6 2010, 02:22 PM)
Well.....we all love to brag about Rush, spread the joy, infect our youth and hope they can be as popular as other bands because of our massive love for this band.

Well it has come at a cost. Rush IMO has not been this popular since...well yes 30 years ago when Mopving Pictures was being recorded. So it is fitting they call this the Time Machine Tour as their popularity has never been higher in the last 30 years than now. They are everywhere.

So we have higher ticket prices. They have other ticket options everyone. You can see them much for much less.....but you won't have the view you want.

+1