RUSH=Scalpers

briremo

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Dec 4 2010, 07:19 PM)
I love the UK. I don't particularly appreciate what the Brit's did to the Native American indigenous people (my ancestors, for the record) but I don't hold you personally responsible for it, now do I?

It was the ones who left for the new world that did it, your ancestors, our ancestors stayed here don't blame us!

laugh.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2010, 08:39 AM)
Rolling Stones - Floor seats = $ 500
Eric Clapton -Floor seats = $ 350
Really can't complain, can ya ?

Dude, I saw Clapton this summer for $85 and I was on the floor.

Maybe my title of the thread couldve been better, becuase I really don;t liken them to scalpers. I should have just said 'Holy Crap, the dollar isnt worth crap anymore."

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 4 2010, 07:51 PM)
I love the UK.  I don't particularly appreciate what the Brit's did to the Native American indigenous people (my ancestors, for the record) but I don't hold you personally responsible for it, now do I?

It was the ones who left for the new world that did it, your ancestors, our ancestors stayed here don't blame us!

laugh.gif

what about Australia, India, South Africa, and every other corner of the British Empire? The Brits terrorized many groups of people around the world, not only the Native Americans tongue.gif

Edited by LakesideMaiden

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Dec 4 2010, 08:16 PM)
At least the bitching about Neil has stopped.

oh give them about .5 seconds, another thread will pop up about him. *sigh* facepalm.gif

QUOTE (Ceiling Limited Squishy @ Dec 5 2010, 03:45 PM)

I'm as self-loathing as the next gal! laugh.gif laugh.gif [/quote]
I resent that! I'm female and a proud narcissist! Although, I believe that was your joke and I've walked into the trap! Don't lump me, don't lump me! ohmy.gif Ducky loves the USA! Have some British love from us wub.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

thanks wub.gif

I'm going to take a different approach to this whole ticket price thing - I got 6 tickets for the Hershey show, four in row 22 and two in section 119; taking in the service fees, etc I probably dropped $800 in the space of five minutes, I purposely didn't look at the total after seeing the cost of the actual tickets. It is what it is. Buy em or stay home.

Rush is the favorite band of my entire family; and we're going as a family. The oldest is 51 and the youngest is 17. When all is said and done, it will be well worth it for the time spent together doing something we all love.

I'm not complaining about the cost, (I don't think the cost of the actual ticket is that exhorbitant) I'm going to be thankful that I have a good job that pays me enough that I'm able to afford the tickets.

QUOTE (MCM @ Dec 5 2010, 08:11 PM)
I'm going to take a different approach to this whole ticket price thing - I got 6 tickets for the Hershey show, four in row 22 and two in section 119; taking in the service fees, etc I probably dropped $800 in the space of five minutes, I purposely didn't look at the total after seeing the cost of the actual tickets. It is what it is. Buy em or stay home.

Rush is the favorite band of my entire family; and we're going as a family. The oldest is 51 and the youngest is 17. When all is said and done, it will be well worth it for the time spent together doing something we all love.

I'm not complaining about the cost, (I don't think the cost of the actual ticket is that exhorbitant) I'm going to be thankful that I have a good job that pays me enough that I'm able to afford the tickets.

Thats not horrible.. less than MSG evidently smile.gif

Its all scale.. theater will cost that much, as will hockey tickets anywher enear row 22 to the glass (in many areas anyway).

lots of dough, but well worth it if youre a fan. and goodness knows THESE guys give you your moneys worth.

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Dec 5 2010, 08:50 PM)
I could fly home to Europe for two weeks this christmas for less than you paid to take your family to see Rush next year. That shows you how dreadful the ticket prices are.

But you Yorkies are notoriously long of pocket and short of arm.

I love how you group us all into one lump.  seriously, there's no need for the hate mongering for America.  I don't know when I've ever heard any person in my acquaintance say that they think America is better than any other country in the world.  All I'm saying is maybe you should lower your blatant hatred towards all things American.  I love the UK.  I don't particularly appreciate what the Brit's did to the Native American indigenous people (my ancestors, for the record) but I don't hold you personally responsible for it, now do I? 

You've apparently got some serious self-esteem issues if you feel the need to take out all your aggression on an Internet Forum on people you don't know and may never (hopefully) meet.

What the Brits did to the Red Indians?

You are seriously delusional there. We may not have been that good to them, but we were certainly nowhere near as determined to exterminate them as the Damn Americans were. Heck we even used them as our allies to fight against the traitorous American Swine.

And if you've never met an American who thinks the the YEW-ESS-AY is the be all and end all then you must live in a one man Wigwam.

Oh and there is no need for an apostrophe in Brits, and "native American indigenous people" is tautologous.

Oh forgot to say: Red Indians = Scalpers.

Edited by Jean Simmons

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Dec 5 2010, 09:45 PM)
is this a sign of the economy improving? people actually willing to pay these prices for a concert...

I bet most of these shows Don't sell out . They should have put them on sale in Feb when X-mas was long gone . I don't bitch about ticket prices but before X-mas. no.gif

QUOTE (MCM @ Dec 5 2010, 08:11 PM)
... theater will cost that much, as will hockey tickets anywhere near row 22 to the glass ...

Let me tell you ... for the TMT tour in Pittsburgh, I got front-row second-deck seats to the side of Geddy (great seats) that I paid $40 each for. This was the second concert EVER in the new brand-new hockey arena. BY COMPARISON, most of all the lower bowl tickets for any hockey game cost $200 each (and that is face value). At Rush's Cleveland show I am going to next April, tickets go from $48-68-98. I love hockey, but Rush is a downright bargain compared to the NHL where I am at.

Edited by 01GT Eibach