RUSH=Scalpers

briremo

QUOTE (Derxst @ Dec 2 2010, 07:10 PM)
I expect to pay $150 per ticket to see Rush, and I willing to pay it.

If you want a cheap concert, go see Poison or Ratt at the fair.

Derxst, I hate to bust your bubble with that statement but, if memory serves me right didn't the boys just play about 5 or 6 fairs this time around? I paid $136 for 2 tickets second row in front of Geddy. Cheap but, damn what a F***en show plus it WAS WAY better than Poison or Ratt could ever be.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how bands make money these days folks...

It's payback for all the free songs we downloaded off of Napster and Limewire for all those years laugh.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Dec 3 2010, 02:06 PM)
This is how bands make money these days folks...

It's payback for all the free songs we downloaded off of Napster and Limewire for all those years laugh.gif

Speak for yourself I have an extensive bootleg collection here 1700+ shows including video.

QUOTE (RushNut @ Dec 3 2010, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (Derxst @ Dec 3 2010, 11:46 AM)
QUOTE (RushNut @ Dec 3 2010, 08:59 AM)
Wow..you can really feel the "compassion" for those that are less fortunate than others and maybe cannot afford it.

If one can afford to pay for any concert, regardless of the price, that person is not considered one of the "less fortunate."

I'm talking about those that CAN'T afford it. Why would one think someone who COULD afford it is less fortunate?

Concerts aren't a need. They are a want. I have compassion for people without food or clothing.

There is no need to feel compassion for someone who cannot go to a concert.

QUOTE (Derxst @ Dec 3 2010, 05:04 PM)
QUOTE (RushNut @ Dec 3 2010, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (Derxst @ Dec 3 2010, 11:46 AM)
QUOTE (RushNut @ Dec 3 2010, 08:59 AM)
Wow..you can really feel the "compassion" for those that are less fortunate than others and maybe cannot afford it.

If one can afford to pay for any concert, regardless of the price, that person is not considered one of the "less fortunate."

I'm talking about those that CAN'T afford it. Why would one think someone who COULD afford it is less fortunate?

Concerts aren't a need. They are a want. I have compassion for people without food or clothing.

Sure, but it may indicative of a more dire situation which a person might be in.

QUOTE (balance @ Dec 3 2010, 01:41 PM)

Derxst, I hate to bust your bubble with that statement but, if memory serves me right didn't the boys just play about 5 or 6 fairs this time around? I paid $136 for 2 tickets second row in front of Geddy. Cheap but, damn what a F***en show plus it WAS WAY better than Poison or Ratt could ever be.

When I say "fair" I mean like a county fair. You know: win a stuffed animal, get some candied apples, go see the washed up band. Not the kind of "fair" where Rush would perform.

"Free with your admission - EDDIE MONEY!"

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Dec 3 2010, 09:13 AM)
QUOTE (RushNut @ Dec 3 2010, 01:59 PM)

I have compassion for those folks who can't afford it, I just can't be assed reading the same stuff in multiple threads

Here's a solution: Stop reading the damn threads. Then we wouldn't have to hear your bitching.

QUOTE (Derxst @ Dec 3 2010, 04:04 PM)

I have no compassion for you.

You're just a plumber.

I despise the working class.

QUOTE (SignatureAurora75 @ Dec 2 2010, 10:53 PM)
People understand you cannot stop the scalpers. If there was a way to stop them, then you can bet Rush would not be charging so much for tickets.

Sure you can!! There is a way. A very simple one.

Tickets must be picked up at box office with CC matching the one used for purchase and a photo ID matching the CC.

Bang. Scalpers over.

Too much secondary $$$$ at stake though. That's too bad, because there's the solution typed out right there for you. This one is free, but next time you owe me...

Don't bitch and then Buy the ticket. Nobody is making you buy them . You know what songs they are doing and they prob will do a d.v.d. Save your money, because the next tour will be even more $$$

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Dec 3 2010, 05:02 PM)
QUOTE (SignatureAurora75 @ Dec 2 2010, 10:53 PM)
People understand you cannot stop the scalpers.  If there was a way to stop them, then you can bet Rush would not be charging so much for tickets.

Sure you can!! There is a way. A very simple one.

Tickets must be picked up at box office with CC matching the one used for purchase and a photo ID matching the CC.

Bang. Scalpers over.

Too much secondary $$$$ at stake though. That's too bad, because there's the solution typed out right there for you. This one is free, but next time you owe me...

Ya know, I agree with you on that idea. I have wondered about the same thing before, and why it's not done.

That would be great because it would also cut out all of ticketmasters bullshit fees.

Can someone give an answer why they don't just sell them at the box office before the show?

It really would cut out the scalpers.

I hear there are plenty of artists pissed off about scalpers. I think I read an article just the other day about Kid Rock whining and crying about them.

They could sell them just like they do now... You would just have to get there the day of the show and will call your tickets in the manner I described... I have done it countless times for sporting events or whatever.

The interwebz has caused a lot of the problem. If you had to show up with the CC and your ID, it would eliminate the dickhead scalper in Texas who bought the tickets for your show in New York, or Chicago, or wherever. Multiply that times 1000 dickhead scalpers nowhere close to the venue... Compound that on the same CC and/or ID immediately forfeiting their tickets for purchase above the preset limit upon attempt to collect them VIA computer database that has tracked their purchase and collection of purchase.

The industry could be sacked... But there is too much $, kickback $, etc. at stake for it to ever happen. Some bands have taken measures to combat.

Nine Inch Nails has 'The Spiral', which is their fan club... They get control of 10% of the tickets to the venue they play including the best seats. There is a special 'Spiral' entrance where usual will call standards are used like the simple method I have pointed out and when you pick up your tickets, you are immediately ushered into the venue so no resale is possible by those looking to profit off of real fans.

That is one example. If bands really wanted to, they could make it happen. But there's that $$$ bear again... ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Jean Simmons @ Dec 3 2010, 06:46 PM)

herp derp herp derp herp derp herp derp

I couldn't agree more, thank you for your lovely contributions to the topic. cool10.gif

2.gif

On topic, I wonder how much the west coast prices will be. Considering i'll have to drive, I'm hoping under 120 for a very decent seat. Me and my bros had lawn last time.

Edited to be more positive

Edited by That One Guy

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Dec 3 2010, 08:09 PM)

The industry could be sacked... But there is too much $, kickback $, etc. at stake for it to ever happen. Some bands have taken measures to combat.

Can you or someone elaborate on this? Who gets the kickbacks, etc?

Since this is Rush's show, shouldn't they be the ones first to decide how the tickets will be sold?

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Dec 2 2010, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE (Derxst @ Dec 2 2010, 08:10 PM)

Last year I saw 2.gif at the Minnesota State Fair for $70 tongue.gif

I was at the same show. The state Fair was actually a nice venue. I paid a broker $200 for 3rd row dead center. Face was $70.

Do you really think Rush fans are not buying the records?

Downloading is the home of the 15-27 year old screamo fan... Categorizing? Yeah, maybe a little.

I think that the overwhelming majority of Rush fans purchase the product rather than liberating it from the interwebz.

Next excuse please...

QUOTE (Derxst @ Dec 3 2010, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE (balance @ Dec 3 2010, 01:41 PM)

When I say "fair" I mean like a county fair. You know: win a stuffed animal, get some candied apples, go see the washed up band. Not the kind of "fair" where Rush would perform.

"Free with your admission - EDDIE MONEY!"

ouch dude...my dad plays fairs like that all the time, and I wouldn't call his band washed up. and I'm sure a bunch of other bands who frequent the forum here may also get gigs playing fairs as well...and from a musicians standpoint: a gig is a gig. you're getting paid to play: Be Happy biggrin.gif

Edited by LakesideMaiden

Being as the Americans - the USA ones - think they are the best nation on earth, then the almighty dollar should reflect that in its designs it doesn't. The Pund Sterling may be a crappy currency, andit may have the Bitch Queen on it, but the actual design of the notes is second to none. Wish they'd bring back the 10 bob note though.

Anyhoo, Rush ARE scalpers, I bumped into an old schoolfriend at the supermarket the other day. He's been a Rush fan for 35 years, the first thing he said to me was "Rush ticket prices, diabolical liberty are those price increases, it's just taking the piss, I can't do the number of shows I normally do, and my wife will kill me if she found out what I paid for my ticket". Now this is a man who unlike me doesn't spend his time moaning about Rush on the internet, he's a BIG Rush fan, but saddo forum involvement doesn't interest him. Therefore I take his opinion as being indicative of the groundswell Rush fan opinion.

QUOTE (Jean Simmons @ Dec 4 2010, 07:02 PM)
Being as the Americans - the USA ones - think they are the best nation on earth, then the almighty dollar should reflect that in its designs it doesn't. The Pund Sterling may be a crappy currency, andit may have the Bitch Queen on it, but the actual design of the notes is second to none. Wish they'd bring back the 10 bob note though.

I love how you group us all into one lump. seriously, there's no need for the hate mongering for America. I don't know when I've ever heard any person in my acquaintance say that they think America is better than any other country in the world. All I'm saying is maybe you should lower your blatant hatred towards all things American. I love the UK. I don't particularly appreciate what the Brit's did to the Native American indigenous people (my ancestors, for the record) but I don't hold you personally responsible for it, now do I?

You've apparently got some serious self-esteem issues if you feel the need to take out all your aggression on an Internet Forum on people you don't know and may never (hopefully) meet.

I took the whole family to the Time Machine show in Tampa, we had very good seats bought them through the pre-sale, paid $595 for 5 tickets. No we couldn't afford it but anytime Rush is playing live I am there and with every tour being that possible "last show" then taking the whole family was a must.

I can not afford to go to the Ft. Lauderdale show in March but I'm for sure going. I may even do the VIP package just to guarantee a good seat and I'd rather put the money in the bands pocket then a brokers/scalpers.

What really sucks is the outrages food/drink/t-shirt prices. I spent over $150 on drinks chips and pretzels at the Tampa show a little while back, had no money left over for a program sad.gif

I want to thank Chase for buying me my Rush tickets, I may pay twice as much with interest but who cares... it's 2.gif