RUSH=Scalpers

briremo

I just logged in to look at prices for the 3 shows currently on presale and I am FLOORED!

$128 plus a $13 service fee! This a fargging ridiculous.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not scalpers. They know what the tickets will sell for. I think that by having high set prices right from the start, they're actually trying to weed out the scalpers from buying the tickets.

I'm sure that if Rush could keep their ticket sales low for the people somehow someway they would do it.

Blame the dumbasses who buy them from the real scalpers.

I know RUSH agrees to the pricing, and I don't begrudge them earning a profit. I'm betting they could keep em lower and bet they'd have more sell outs with more affordable tix.

I'm really just amazed at the prices and am saddened for people who can't swing it in this economy. I might be one of them this time around.

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Dec 3 2010, 08:27 AM)
How many damn threads do we need complaining about ticket prices?

x2

Using the forum to vent their frustrations over a dozen threads.

If you can't afford it - tough titties.

Well here's my vent: Unlike many of you complaining, I've never had the opportunity to go to a Rush gig before let alone 5, 10 or 20 Rush gigs, and thankfully the higher prices have enabled me to get some half decent seats.

Edited by Ranger J

How can anyone fault Rush for setting higher ticket prices?

If they set them lower, they'd be cutting their own throats.

Why would they want to set them low to start with, when some dumbass scalper is just going to get ahold of them and re-sell them for a profit?

People understand you cannot stop the scalpers. If there was a way to stop them, then you can bet Rush would not be charging so much for tickets.

Edited by SignatureAurora75

Rolling Stones - Floor seats = $ 500

Eric Clapton -Floor seats = $ 350

Really can't complain, can ya ?

QUOTE (RushNut @ Dec 3 2010, 08:59 AM)
Wow..you can really feel the "compassion" for those that are less fortunate than others and maybe cannot afford it.

If one can afford to pay for any concert, regardless of the price, that person is not considered one of the "less fortunate."

QUOTE (RushNut @ Dec 3 2010, 01:59 PM)
Wow..you can really feel the "compassion" for those that are less fortunate than others and maybe cannot afford it.

I have compassion for those folks who can't afford it, I just can't be assed reading the same stuff in multiple threads

I find the ticket prices to be completely normal. I was honestly quite happy to see them under $150. They are a bargain compared to other bands that have been around for as long as Rush, and it's true that most of those bands (McCartney, the Stones) have more musicians and staff to pay. The days of cheap concert tickets are long gone, especially considering how much the music industry has changed and the fact that musicians make their money from touring and not from record sales these days.

Just checked to see how much seats at Baltimore 1st Mariner Arena are going for. They have 13th row seats left side available. The catch? $311 per ticket. Thats f%$king ridiculous, period. Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Dec 3 2010, 11:40 AM)
Just checked to see how much seats at Baltimore 1st Mariner Arena are going for. They have 13th row seats left side available. The catch? $311 per ticket. That f%$king ridiculous, period.

Really? That's way higher than anything i've heard for them the last few tours. That might have something to do with the venue they're playing at as well.

For those complaining, Rush aren't idiots and they know what fans will pay to see them. Don't we all want to make more money whenever possible? Don't be all shocked by the prices and try to pretend that you wouldn't ask for the same amount if you were in a popular band who can draw crowds live like Rush can.

I don't fault them at all for charging high prices because fans have proven in recent years that they are willing to spend a lot on tickets to see them. If fans didn't buy tickets that were in the $130-$200 dollar range then they wouldn't be charging that.

Also, since it's just Rush and no opening act I think that would drive up the ticket price to.

I paid over $130 after fees and everything for one ticket when I saw them in Saratoga Springs this summer. When I saw the ticket price I just thought "It's Rush, it's worth it" and I pretty much left it at that.

QUOTE (Derxst @ Dec 3 2010, 11:46 AM)
QUOTE (RushNut @ Dec 3 2010, 08:59 AM)

If one can afford to pay for any concert, regardless of the price, that person is not considered one of the "less fortunate."

I'm talking about those that CAN'T afford it. Why would one think someone who COULD afford it is less fortunate?

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2010, 08:39 AM)
Rolling Stones - Floor seats = $ 500
Eric Clapton -Floor seats = $ 350
Really can't complain, can ya ?

Bingo.

Rush gives you your moneys worth every tour.

They are a bargin compared to those prices.

Check out U2's ticket prices as well. yes they have a econo option but good seats? Forget it.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Dec 3 2010, 11:40 AM)
Just checked to see how much seats at Baltimore 1st Mariner Arena are going for.  They have 13th row seats left side available.  The catch?  $311 per ticket. Thats f%$king ridiculous, period.

The $311 per seat is for the tour package.

Includes DVD, shirt, poster etc.

take away the extras and it's probably a $130-$150 seat.