Maestro

Apparently half of it was already written before last summer's tour even started. But I wouldn't doubt if they recorded some of their soundchecks which could inspire a couple tracks off CA.

They probably wouldn't be opposed to writing a few melodies (if they haven't already) while touring.

I really wish they would just finish the album ,Then go on tour

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/thumbs-up.gif

I wish they would go on tour..take a week break, fly back to the studio, record...go back on tour for 3 weeks...take a week break, fly back to the studio, record...go back on tour for 2 weeks...fly back to the studio for 3 days, record...go back on tour for 8 days...fly back to the studio and finish recording...go back to the tour for 3 weeks...relax for 10 days..finish the tour up.

QUOTE (RushNut @ Dec 2 2010, 10:20 AM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/thumbs-up.gif

I wish they would go on tour..take a week break, fly back to the studio, record...go back on tour for 3 weeks...take a week break, fly back to the studio, record...go back on tour for 2 weeks...fly back to the studio for 3 days, record...go back on tour for 8 days...fly back to the studio and finish recording...go back to the tour for 3 weeks...relax for 10 days..finish the tour up.

I got tired just reading that!!!

wink.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Dec 3 2010, 03:23 AM)
Since when is Neil so easy to talk into touring?

Since they told him how much more money they will make

QUOTE (tjtull @ Dec 3 2010, 08:41 AM)
Gonna be hard to write on the road with Neil on his motorbike riding between gigs, gotta sleep sometime wink.gif

Neil gets to shows faster riding his bike doesn't he? There's enough free time between traveling, sleeping and playing the shows for him to write lyrics.

For example, after they get to the venue and they do soundcheck what else is there for him to do the rest of the day until show time? Writting some lyrics would be a good use of that time.

I would guess Neil's got lyrical ideas floating around in his head most of the time. So it's just a question of getting them worded right and put on paper.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Dec 3 2010, 11:40 AM)
QUOTE (tjtull @ Dec 3 2010, 08:41 AM)
Gonna be hard to write on the road with Neil on his motorbike riding between gigs, gotta sleep sometime wink.gif

Neil gets to shows faster riding his bike doesn't he? There's enough free time between traveling, sleeping and playing the shows for him to write lyrics.

For example, after they get to the venue and they do soundcheck what else is there for him to do the rest of the day until show time? Writting some lyrics would be a good use of that time.

I would guess Neil's got lyrical ideas floating around in his head most of the time. So it's just a question of getting them worded right and put on paper.

He can just text them to Geddy via his iPhone when he stops at gas stations. Not that hard. Rush is a 'progressive' band. it's not the '70s anymore.

Here's a kick ass idea...

They record all the songs for the Album in '1 takes'- like Xanadu.. During Sound Checks, at the various venues.

This would be to get a BIG sound, like Dave Gilmour did, by recording the guitars at full volume in an empty stadium for the intro to 'Sorrow'.

Then the song's would really sound awesome live and just like the record. (or CD).

Of course that would never happen seeing as how the recordings would get leaked and bootleged before the CD's hit the store shelves.

So I guess I'm just ramblin' here..

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 2 2010, 12:54 PM)
I really wish they would just finish the album ,Then go on tour

This. I was so excited that we'd probably getting the new album by spring 2011. I'm still going to see them this tour, but I'd much rather have them finish up and release CA and then tour.

QUOTE (red sector animal @ Dec 3 2010, 06:09 PM)
This would be to get a BIG sound, like Dave Gilmour did, by recording the guitars at full volume in an empty stadium for the intro to 'Sorrow'.

Really? Interesting tidbit of information, I didn't know that. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived