North America announcement!!!!

liddybuck01

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Nov 29 2010, 11:42 AM)
They might add another song off Clockwork Angels. My guess is they take out Presto or Faithless

Agreed. That would be the most likely scenario. Not enough to get me to go. Waiting for the full album tour.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (briremo @ Nov 29 2010, 09:59 AM)
QUOTE (Oziumrules @ Nov 29 2010, 12:29 AM)
RUSH loves South Florida !

yes, unfortunately they show no love for Jacksonville, ever. I live in Orlando and I was hoping for a show up here or in J-ville Since they did SoFL in October. Seems stupid to me.

2008 they hit Jacksonville.

I heard the crowd was meh. Maybe ticket sales played a role from 2008?

Drive down from Orlando...it's only 3 hours.

One or 2 songs swapped out in set one.

I predict

Presto

Stick it Out

swapped out for

Show Don't Tell

Animate

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Nov 29 2010, 02:29 AM)
QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Nov 29 2010, 01:36 AM)
Uh....Hershey, NJ?  I think their webmaster needs to check a map.

I'm bummed they're not doing anything northeast of NYC.

To be completely honest, I was a little bummed when they announced the possibility of North American dates to be added on to the second leg. We can't afford to go, and if they announced something close to home, it would literally kill us to not be able to go...So knowing that the closest they will be is NYC or Maryland, and while I am very sorry for all of you who want to see them again and wanted them to come around to New England...for my own selfish reasons, I'm actually a little relieved. I saw them on the first leg twice, and I know that they will be on tour again for Clockwork Angels, so I can wait for that tour. I'd rather save up my money for that tour, and try and get better seats. Just my opinion.

I *kinda* feel the same. I literally have no dinero for this leg; but if they did end up coming to upstate NY or somewhere near family in New England; I'd scrounge it up somehow..

QUOTE (tangy @ Nov 29 2010, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Nov 29 2010, 10:22 AM)
Once again Rush f*cks Buffalo

my guess is a darien date later in the summer.

That's what I was thinking.

Ugh I dislike the venue tho..

QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ Nov 29 2010, 12:19 PM)
Is this the first time Rush has played MSG? I wreckon that will be an awesome gig

2.gif

Nope. I saw them there in '02, and as I recall, several people here saw them there at some point during S&A.

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 29 2010, 08:59 AM)
<mutter, mutter, gripe, whine, gripe, no Atlanta, gripe, bitch, piss, moan>

Okay.  I'm over it.  Looks like it will probably be Greensboro, though I may wait to see what the rest of the year holds - perhaps Atl. will be added.  I got spoiled on my 3rd row seat last time and so don't want to take lame seats in back.  But I can't really justify travel costs AND another high-price ticket for the same tour.

After expressing my early excitement over the Nashville date, I've thought it over. I might wait until the rest of the schedule is announced before making a committment -- unless someone is sure she wants to meet up with me in the Music City this time. If that's the case, then Nashville it is.

It'd be nice to return to Atlanta since I had a great time at the show there in September. Kinda hoping for Memphis (only 90 miles from me) to show up on the upcoming leg, but I doubt it.

Edited by tupelobarchetta

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Nov 29 2010, 01:04 PM)
I *kinda* feel the same.  I literally have no dinero for this leg; but if they did end up coming to upstate NY or somewhere near family in New England; I'd scrounge it up somehow..

If they're strictly playing only venues they didn't hit last leg, they could hit Manchester, Mansfield, or Hartford...just to name a few off the top of my head.

Of course, I'd love it if they played closer to here. Granted, these venues are a bit smaller than they play, but since this isn't an area of great Rush fandom, I'd wager it would be me and some other TRF New Englanders. Some possibilities (unlikely though they may be, I'd LOVE to see them in all of them):

Latchis Theatre, Brattleboro, VT

Colonial Theatre, Keene, NH

Calvin Theater, Northampton, MA (They've actually had some big names play here, so you never know)

Or for an outdoor venue, Pines Theater, Northampton, MA

I know...the chances of them playing anywhere actually close to me are slim to none, but I can dream. smile.gif

QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ Nov 29 2010, 11:19 AM)
Is this the first time Rush has played MSG? I wreckon that will be an awesome gig

2.gif

I saw them at M.S.G. in 1981

QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 29 2010, 12:49 PM)
QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ Nov 29 2010, 11:19 AM)

2.gif

I saw them at M.S.G. in 1981

1982 M.S.G. here... unreal!

Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 29 2010, 09:42 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Nov 29 2010, 03:10 AM)
i'm passing this one up again.  maybe it's a combination of not being gung ho about the setlist and me getting a little older. wacko.gif

Plus the M.S.G. show is a Sunday wtf.gif Something like The Garden you Wait for a Fri or Sat . Prob a Hockey or Basketball game those nights

msg is a great place to jam people into but it's not a great venue soundwise imo.

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Nov 29 2010, 11:52 AM)

Maybe early June if anything

I'm hoping we get something like that. It use to be when a Rush tour annoucment was coming there was no doubt a Buffalo date would be on it. Now we've gotta beg for one. I'm not sure what's going on with the concert promoters here lately but they'll book f*ckin Dane Cook of all people to play the arena here and we can't even get Rush to come around anymore confused13.gif

Somebody's dropping the ball around here lately because some big tours have passed us by over the last couple years.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Nov 29 2010, 01:06 PM)

I'm hoping we get something like that. It use to be when a Rush tour annoucment was coming there was no doubt a Buffalo date would be on it. Now we've gotta beg for one. I'm not sure what's going on with the concert promoters here lately but they'll book f*ckin Dane Cook of all people to play the arena here and we can't even get Rush to come around anymore confused13.gif

Somebody's dropping the ball around here lately because some big tours have passed us by over the last couple years.

I have seen a few shows in Buff and there is no doubt that town is rush crazy. I lived there when i was a kid and still have friends in the area.

The last time rush played buff was on the 4th of July and supposedly the attendance was poor which i think is reflective of the date and not interest in the group waning.

how sweet would rush at Art Park be?

QUOTE (tangy @ Nov 29 2010, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Nov 29 2010, 01:06 PM)

I have seen a few shows in Buff and there is no doubt that town is rush crazy. I lived there when i was a kid and still have friends in the area.

The last time rush played buff was on the 4th of July and supposedly the attendance was poor which i think is reflective of the date and not interest in the group waning.

how sweet would rush at Art Park be?

I've only been to one show at Artpark and that was Alice Cooper/Rob Zombie earlier this year, the venue would be cool for Rush but not quite the same stage show wise. Artpark's stage is just way too small and Rush would have to cut out any explosions, fire and what not and tone down the stage production.

Yeah, it was July 4th on the first leg of the S&A tour that they last played here. I didn't think the attendence was that bad at all. I mean it was a national holiday so they shouldn't hold it against the fans at all. I just find it odd that after years of undying loyalty from the fans in Buffalo going to see Rush every tour, that one questionable turnout would put the kibosh on them booking any future shows here. Surely there's been a few Rush shows over the years here that had lower attendance than others but they kept coming back.

With doing all of MP live I have no doubt in my mind they could fill up the HSBC arena or the Darien Lake PAC pretty well.

QUOTE (briremo @ Nov 29 2010, 10:02 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Nov 29 2010, 03:10 AM)
i'm passing this one up again.  maybe it's a combination of not being gung ho about the setlist and me getting a little older. wacko.gif

You're crazy bro'. It was a great show and well worth it. Best show from them in a long time. What exactly are you waiting for? The perfect setlist?

maybe i haven't seen every tour since the beginning but i've seen them enough times where it gets boring seeing the same stuff. i'm not waiting for the perfect setlist, in fact this tour was the first tour i've passed on since my first show. they are too predictable and i think alot of it is because they can't do certain songs because geddy can't hit the high notes anymore. there are some songs in the setlist i don't like and alot of them i've seen many times. i'm not saying you can't enjoy the shows even if you've seen them many times but when you're new to rush or haven't seen them alot, it's fresh and exciting.

The only thing I'm not thrilled with is the fact that I *think* they are probably going to play a show in Philadelphia (whether it be Philly or Camden).

But I can't count on it, and I don't want to wait and lose out on good Hershey tickets.

June/July date would probably mean Camden, and I'd rather see them in an arena.

Unless they don't have all the post- Euro dates set yet (which I understand, I know how tour scheduling works) I don't see the logic for holding them back.