A "very special" return to Los Angeles

shaun3701

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As great as it is that they're hitting NA one more time (and getting to MI even though Detroit isn't exactly close), I just wish it was for a different tour. I wasn't exactly blown away by the set-list and now I'm debating whether or not I should pay to go see the exact same show or hold off until the CA tour.

QUOTE (Scars @ Nov 29 2010, 01:34 AM)
As great as it is that they're hitting NA one more time (and getting to MI even though Detroit isn't exactly close), I just wish it was for a different tour. I wasn't exactly blown away by the set-list and now I'm debating whether or not I should pay to go see the exact same show or hold off until the CA tour.

Seeing as this is for the people that missed the show the last time, I guess you should wait until CA.

I'll try to get to the Greensboro show just because I really enjoyed them in Atlanta and I want to see them again.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Nov 29 2010, 11:00 AM)
Looks like I'm hitting this "very special" Los Angeles show.

Wonder what that means.....not like Rush to do something extraordinary for one show....could they have a special guest?

Maybe Aimee Mann on Time Stand Still??? I had thought that that would be pretty cool if they did that just once. That would be VERY special! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Perhaps Ben Mink... but I'm not sure what he would play seeing he was involved in none of the songs in the Time Machine set.

Wonder what that means.....not like Rush to do something extraordinary for one show....could they have a special guest?

Right. They dont change things up, no matter the venue. For example, they did some add on shows at Radio City for R30. I thought theyd try something different, given the venue and the fact that they hadnt played there in over 20 years. Got the same exact show I saw in a crappy shed earlier that year, note for note.

Edited by greg2112

the only "very special" thing I can imagine is them filming the show for the DVD. You're right, they never change up the show at all for any one venue. Closest they came to doing that was adding CTTH for South American shows in 2002.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 29 2010, 03:10 PM)
the only "very special" thing I can imagine is them filming the show for the DVD. You're right, they never change up the show at all for any one venue. Closest they came to doing that was adding CTTH for South American shows in 2002.

I agree with you Bro...if the "very special" actually means something, I think your idea of the DVD being filmed there is probably the safest bet. yes.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Nov 29 2010, 02:31 PM)

I agree with you Bro...if the "very special" actually means something, I think your idea of the DVD being filmed there is probably the safest bet. yes.gif

or it could mean they're replacing Camera Eye with Tai Shan...

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 28 2010, 11:58 PM)
It looks like the North American dates are confirmed on rush.com, including a "very special" return to Los Angeles. Could this be where they'll film the DVD?

Am I blind? Cause I don't see this anywhere on Rush.com.... unsure.gif confused13.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 29 2010, 04:26 PM)

EPIC. cool.gif

I saw a special "added by petition" show in Albany 20 or so years ago and got the same setlist from the earlier Rochester show a few months previous. I imagine that it will be the DVD filming show. Then again, maybe they will have dancing girls and elephants on stage.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 29 2010, 03:26 PM)

Holy crap that was funny.

Maybe they'll do something totally wacky and zany and un-Rush-like and debut the entire new album?

Yeah right, and my dogs might start speaking in English tomorrow. . . just thinking way out of the box!

But seriously, if that DID happen, I would hate everyone who got to be there to witness that with the white-hot passion of a thousand suns!

Hugh Syme on keyboards during Witch hunt confused13.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Nov 29 2010, 03:35 PM)
It looks like the North American dates are confirmed on rush.com, including a "very special" return to Los Angeles. Could this be where they'll film the DVD?

Am I blind? Cause I don't see this anywhere on Rush.com.... unsure.gif confused13.gif

Me neither...

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 29 2010, 10:51 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Nov 29 2010, 03:35 PM)

Me neither...

its under the news section where the North America dates are announced, you have to click on "read more"

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Nov 29 2010, 12:58 PM)

Maybe Aimee Mann on Time Stand Still??? I had thought that that would be pretty cool if they did that just once. That would be VERY special! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Perhaps Ben Mink... but I'm not sure what he would play seeing he was involved in none of the songs in the Time Machine set.

Boy I'd love it if Ben Mink was a special guest cause that might mean they'd finally play my all time favorite Rush song "Losing It"'live!!