Cats!

Mr. Not

QUOTE (Babycat @ Feb 19 2011, 09:05 AM)
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/Picture2464.jpg
Glad your gorgeous kitty is feeling much better, Janie - been thinking about him lots. Would you give him a hug2.gif & a lips.gif from me, please? wub.gif wub.gif

We're at a crossroads with Crum. We're starting to question his quality of life. He is really going downhill.

His kidneys are failing, his liver and pancreas have gone through the ringer and now, his arthritis is making it so he can't walk very well which is leading to "accidents" all over the house and he does this painful meow when walking around. I don't mind the accidents because he cannot help it but we're all pretty sad for him. He goes to his favorite spot (in the kids bathroom towel cabinet) and stays there all day.

QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 23 2011, 11:47 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Feb 19 2011, 09:05 AM)
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/Picture2464.jpg
Glad your gorgeous kitty is feeling much better, Janie - been thinking about him lots. Would you give him a  hug2.gif & a lips.gif from me, please?  wub.gif  wub.gif

We're at a crossroads with Crum. We're starting to question his quality of life. He is really going downhill.

His kidneys are failing, his liver and pancreas have gone through the ringer and now, his arthritis is making it so he can't walk very well which is leading to "accidents" all over the house and he does this painful meow when walking around. I don't mind the accidents because he cannot help it but we're all pretty sad for him. He goes to his favorite spot (in the kids bathroom towel cabinet) and stays there all day.

sad.gif I just had to make the decision that you are facing last November. Hang in there Jen. hug2.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Feb 25 2011, 05:09 AM)
Any news about Crum..? wub.gif hug2.gif cat.gif

I ended up taking him back to the vet's the other day and I brought him home yesterday afternoon.

He's not the same cat. He's still friendly but he's not the same. And all of his ailments are only going to worsen. He can't control where he goes to the bathroom, he's uncomfortable walking due to the pain from the arthritis in his lower spine, his kidneys are shutting down, his liver and pancreas are under constant stress because of the kidney disease.... the vet did another round of x-rays and was pointing out a few new health issues. I can't believe that one animal can be plagued with so many health problems. And he's the best cat! But, like I said, he's not the same. I see it in his eyes. He's not comfortable or happy. He's on meds day and night too which I'm sure he doesn't enjoy.

QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 25 2011, 07:08 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Feb 25 2011, 05:09 AM)
Any news about Crum..?  wub.gif  hug2.gif  cat.gif

I ended up taking him back to the vet's the other day and I brought him home yesterday afternoon.

He's not the same cat. He's still friendly but he's not the same. And all of his ailments are only going to worsen. He can't control where he goes to the bathroom, he's uncomfortable walking due to the pain from the arthritis in his lower spine, his kidneys are shutting down, his liver and pancreas are under constant stress because of the kidney disease.... the vet did another round of x-rays and was pointing out a few new health issues. I can't believe that one animal can be plagued with so many health problems. And he's the best cat! But, like I said, he's not the same. I see it in his eyes. He's not comfortable or happy. He's on meds day and night too which I'm sure he doesn't enjoy.

How's Crum..? wub.gif heart.gif hug2.gif

Poory Crummy. I'll be surprised if he makes it to Friday. The husband is kind of turning a blind eye because he isn't quite ready to admit how sick Crum is. Crummy is so not happy. He can barely do anything at this point. He camps out in the towel cabinet and walks out to the rug when he needs to use the bathroom and then crawls back into the towel cabinet (a distance of about one foot). IF he makes it to Friday, we did agree that it would then be time to send him to the giant litter box in the sky.

sad.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 21 2011, 09:16 PM)
Poory Crummy. I'll be surprised if he makes it to Friday. The husband is kind of turning a blind eye because he isn't quite ready to admit how sick Crum is. Crummy is so not happy. He can barely do anything at this point. He camps out in the towel cabinet and walks out to the rug when he needs to use the bathroom and then crawls back into the towel cabinet (a distance of about one foot). IF he makes it to Friday, we did agree that it would then be time to send him to the giant litter box in the sky.

sad.gif

Hang in there Jen. hug2.gif

Having gone through the same thing a few months ago...take it from me. Nothing mends the heart like a new kitten. smile.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 22 2011, 02:16 AM)

sad.gif

Just seen this - I'm crying for both your family and Crum. Your beloved Crum knows you love him, and he wants you to be very strong for him. I'm sending you prayers. Hang on, Janie. heart.gif hug2.gif heart.gif hug2.gif heart.gif

Thanks guys. It was so nice to read your comments.

After watching Crum last night I decided it was time to call the vet. They aren't open yet so I left a message. Today is the day. I am so heartbroken. Today is not going to be a good day. It's going to be really sad leaving with Crum in his little carrier and then coming back home with it empty. And I'm crying again. My poor little Crummy. I have him on my lap right now so I'm going to start giving him extra hugs.

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 22 2011, 03:12 PM)

After watching Crum last night I decided it was time to call the vet. They aren't open yet so I left a message. Today is the day. I am so heartbroken. Today is not going to be a good day. It's going to be really sad leaving with Crum in his little carrier and then coming back home with it empty. And I'm crying again. My poor little Crummy. I have him on my lap right now so I'm going to start giving him extra hugs.

Poor, poor Crum - my heart is truly breaking and I'm in floods of tears. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif Please give Crum a hug2.gif from me. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

hug2.gif hug2.gif hug2.gif hug2.gif hug2.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 22 2011, 11:12 AM)

along with one from "the cat wrangler" of the house..............................

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 22 2011, 10:12 AM)

I'm really sorry Jen. sad.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 22 2011, 10:12 AM)

I feel your pain. I guess all you can do is to try to take some solace in that Crum was loved and lived a happy life.