Clockwork Angels

Ru5h F@n

Do You Think Clockwork Angels Will Be The Last Album Or More To Come?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think Clockwork Angels Will Be The Last Album Or More To Come?

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Nov 26 2010, 06:11 PM)
I think that it might be the next to last, but they usually make them in groups of 4.

So 4 more then retirement? Wow cool analogy. Let's see if they stick to the formula this time around. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Nov 26 2010, 09:14 PM)
QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Nov 26 2010, 06:11 PM)
I think that it might be the next to last, but they usually make them in groups of 4.

So 4 more then retirement? Wow cool analogy. Let's see if they stick to the formula this time around. unsure.gif

Actually, this group of 4 would be VT, S&A, CA, and whatever they may do after CA.

I have a feeling it'll be Clockwork Angels and then maybe, maybe one more if we're lucky.

But who knows? Mid-90's it looked like that would be the end of Rush, and it sure as heck wasn't. :3

QUOTE (hammerofthor @ Nov 27 2010, 03:10 AM)
If they don't stop f***ing touring, S&A might be their last album!

You may be right. Maybe that's why they are calling it the time machine tour-it's gonna last for another 5 years.

I did not vote because your poll question is tough to answer the way you worded it:

"Do You Think Clockwork Angels Will Be The Last Album Or More To Come?"

I feel that it will not be the last album ,and that there will be more to come, so I'd answer NO to the first part and YES to the second part of your original question. confused13.gif

QUOTE (hammerofthor @ Nov 27 2010, 08:10 AM)

So, in your opinion, we in europe shouldn't get to see the current Rush tour because you'll have to wait a little longer for the new album?

Selfish springs to mind.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 27 2010, 03:56 PM)

So, in your opinion, we in europe shouldn't get to see the current Rush tour because you'll have to wait a little longer for the new album?

Selfish springs to mind.

I honestly couldn't care less if Rush ever toured Europe again, or anywhere else, for that matter. But if they do, at least do it in the proper manner, with new material to support, not this bullshit time machine crap. I know I'm old school, but this waiting around for five years between releases is making me really old school.

No, it won't be the last. I think they'll go as long as they possibly can. And even after they call it quits together, I can't see them individually fading away. Not after the stature they have.

I can see CA, CA tour, 40th Anniv. Tour, small album/EP, Farewell Tour.

Then Geddy will go off and work on his own material, and Neil will do some Buddy Rich tributes and maybe attempt some of his own material. Alex may be the only one we never see again after they retire.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 27 2010, 02:56 PM)

Selfish springs to mind.

Finishing the record first and then doing a proper tour would only delay the European tour by a few months or so. This is a pure money grab opportunity. Just look at the ticket prices. I hate when Rush go back on their word which happens a lot now. At this point in their career I an far more interested in studio material than live shows. If they weren't so predictable live maybe I wouldn't feel this way. I'm not bashing them , they are great live, but would it kill them to change the setlist up from time to time.

They aren't going back on their word- they are going with what feels best for the moment. They had an idea, they altered it as things changed. If you want a rock band that does it your way rather than their way, you are following the wrong band.

I honestly would rather have a CD sooner rather than later and care more about it than the live show, but I wouldn't presume to hold my preferences against what the band wants to do. They had a plan- it changed. Seems reasonable to me.

Bands have done a lot worse to their fans than extend a tour.

Oh, and I meant to say, calling it a "money grab" is ridiculous. I doubt they need this at all- if they weren't loving do it, they wouldn't be.

Finishing the record first and then going to Europe might only delay a few months (doubtful, in my mind), but it would be break in continuity. If they are feeling it now, they want to follow through.

QUOTE (hammerofthor @ Nov 27 2010, 03:50 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 27 2010, 03:56 PM)

Selfish springs to mind.

I honestly couldn't care less if Rush ever toured Europe again, or anywhere else, for that matter. But if they do, at least do it in the proper manner, with new material to support, not this bullshit time machine crap. I know I'm old school, but this waiting around for five years between releases is making me really old school.

i say all the power to them. i think before they started this whole time machine thing they kept in the back of their minds that if the tour does well they'll extend it, which is exactly what they are doing. i don't buy the whole thing that they are having alot of fun etc... they are getting great turnouts and riding the wave to cash in and there's nothing wrong with that. it's been great marketing with playing mp in its entirety.

I'd love to have more albums, but being a newer fan, I'd rather see them tour more so I can at least see them a few more times before they retire. We will always have the many studio and live albums to enjoy.

Whatever they feel they should do is the best option imo. If they aren't inspired to write, record, and perform, then they should call it quits.

I don't see them slowing down and feel that they are really into CA and live shows.

So I say maybe 1 more album.

QUOTE (SlyJeff @ Nov 27 2010, 06:19 PM)
They aren't going back on their word- they are going with what feels best for the moment. They had an idea, they altered it as things changed. If you want a rock band that does it your way rather than their way, you are following the wrong band.

I honestly would rather have a CD sooner rather than later and care more about it than the live show, but I wouldn't presume to hold my preferences against what the band wants to do. They had a plan- it changed. Seems reasonable to me.

Bands have done a lot worse to their fans than extend a tour.

Yeah, like break up.

Like cancel tours.

Like disappear from the music scene entirely.

...Nope, can't say I can complain about Rush extending their tour and bringing in more fans. The anticipation is killing me, but there are about forty songs I still need to find by them that I don't know. I think I can wait.

Whenever this topic comes up, I have the same answer. Which is no, their next album will not be their last.

They don't strike me as a group of guys who can just retire. Neil, the most likely of the three to ever call it quits, had all the reason in the world to retire, but he came back to play with the guys.

Here's how I see it. We get a farewell tour soon, yes. By 2015, the band is done touring.

But the albums don't stop. They can't just quit. At this point, music is a habit for them, like chain smoking or coffee drinking. And given there's nothing to really stop them from making music, I feel that we get sporadic recordings from the guys after their farewell tour.

If they make an album every 3 to 5 years now, with no touring, they could crank one out on that same time table, relax at home most of the time, and everything works great for everyone. The lack of touring is almost retirement in itself. The creation of music is simply for fun.

I feel it will truly take one of the members to pass away for Rush to stop, in some way, contributing to the musical landscape.

I'd love to have more albums, but being a newer fan, I'd rather see them tour more so I can at least see them a few more times before they retire. We will always have the many studio and live albums to enjoy.

agree but I think that CA will be their last sad.gif I hope i'm not right

I truly beleive CA is the last. Though as a 30 yr plus fan it's not a future I relish.

But I can tell you there is nothing worse than seeing old greats going beyond their capabilities. In the last few years I've seen a couple bands/acts that were just horrible because these guys were far beyond their productive years.

I think CA comes out who-knows-when next year and then they tour another year and half off of that with these mini-tours. keeps demand and interest up, keeps the album moving.

Why do you think they're taking so long to record it? It's their swan song. They're gonna make this their final concept album, their musical masterpiece that can't be topped.

But maybe I'm wrong tongue.gif

Archived