Pre-sale vs. regular sale

Stian

Hey guys,

I tried getting hold of three tickets for the London show, but I was a little late, and the only seats I could get were far in the back and pretty high up.

Does anyone know if all the tickets for the show were made available for the pre-sale, or only a few of them? If all were made available then that would mean that the show is pretty much sold out already.

If they held some tickets back for the regular release then I can hopefully get some nice seats on friday, when the regular sale starts.

Also, rush.com links to both ticketmaster.co.uk and seetickets.com, while the mail with the info about the pre-sale had a link to ticketline.co.uk. Does anyone know if all these provide the same tickets for the show?

I've never bought tickets for a concert in England before, and I hope somebody on this board can help me out. Thanks!

QUOTE (sanzo @ Nov 24 2010, 06:37 PM)
Do you think that the bank will think somthings up if I am spending big money on 5-6 tickets in a few days, would they ever decline a transaction and scupper my ticket owership

They might think someone's breaking into your account, if that happens don't worry, they'll just phone you up to confirm that it was you that made the transactions...

QUOTE (Jean Simmons @ Nov 24 2010, 06:26 PM)
Yes there will be shedloads left.
Presales only include a few good tickets, which soon go, to force people to panic buy the lesser tickets.

I hope this helps.

Yup, thanks a lot.

QUOTE (sanzo @ Nov 24 2010, 11:37 PM)
Do you think that the bank will think somthings up if I am spending big money on 5-6 tickets in a few days, would they ever decline a transaction and scupper my ticket owership

I see the panic is spreading over here from TNMS wink.gif

They would have done it by now if you had bought tickets on Tuesday. When I tried to book a hotel for my Los Angeles stay, the bank declined it at first but phoned me immediately to check - then no problem.

I got ticket confirmation - then e mails sent out later in the day to say payment had been received and purchase was confirmed.

I got up early today to get my hands on some tickets for the London show at 09:00, and placed my order just as the tickets became available on Ticketmaster, but it seems like all they had were seats on level 4. I was hoping for some better tickets.

I'll keep trying throughout the day, maybe something better will show up.

Bear in mind, good seats ALWAYS become available at last minute for these kind of shows. So rather than rush in and by crap seats you don't really want. Bide your time

And I'd almost guarantee a few days before the gig you'll pull up some decent seats. Once the 'guests/press' have been serviced from the tickets set aside nearer the gig the other seats always get released to the public

Went on the MEN website just after 9 this morning, best tickets available blocks 107 and 111. Any further back and you would be in the street.

Any way i only live about 20 minutrs from the MEN so went down on the train and got 2 tickets in BLOCK B common001.gif . which is at the front in the center of the stage, also meant i avoided ticketbastards extortionate booking fees.

The fact these tickets did not show when asking for best available backs up the point that they hold back some of the good seats. No doubt to try to get people who cannot get to the venue to buy tickets thinking the show is selling out.

Pre-Sale sucks. Wait for the regular sale

Went on the MEN website just after 9 this morning, best tickets available blocks 107 and 111. Any further back and you would be in the street.

Any way i only live about 20 minutrs from the MEN so went down on the train and got 2 tickets in BLOCK B . which is at the front in the center of the stage, also meant i avoided ticketbastards extortionate booking fees.

How much did you pay logo5961 if you don't mind me asking?

trink39.gif

So, are you guys saying for the New Orleans show I should just drive down there and buy my tickets in person and not do presale tickets? I don't mind my presale tickets for Dublin (not the greatest seats, but not the worst. I could have been in section C, but I wanted center seats).

I remember when I bought Tool tickets I waited until the last minute, got them online for $50 and was in the mosh pit right by the stage. I still don't know how I did that.

Edited by garbo