The rule for sizes of signatures

fonzbear2000

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 6 2010, 05:40 PM)
one 'rule' we've all learned:

When TRF Administrators make false accusations and genitally-based insults towards members, said Administrators will not answer for such behavior.

Ummm, unless I'm missing the point, I thought we're meant to be having fun..? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Dec 6 2010, 01:07 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 6 2010, 05:40 PM)
one 'rule' we've all learned:

When TRF Administrators make false accusations and genitally-based insults towards members, said Administrators will not answer for such behavior.

Ummm, unless I'm missing the point, I thought we're meant to be having fun..? confused13.gif

sure - I get that

I'm just having a little trouble reconciling what personal 'fun' I'm supposed to be divining from this:

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 1 2010, 09:45 PM)
"...we're not trying to nail every sig. But of course you already know that. You just like getting these reactions..."

- and this:

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 1 2010, 09:45 PM)
"...perhaps you'd like us to come there and wash your dick for you, sir?"

- especially coming from an Admin member in his administrative capacity

this thread was specifically created to address a rather insignificant but nonetheless 'serious' technical question

the least we should expect from the TRF Administration is that they be civil, respectful and professional

I tend to hold Administrators to a higher standard, for good reason - their behavior is the template for the rest of the boards' behavior (whether they like it or not.)

If an Admin feels comfortable addressing another member with vulgarity/personal insults, that Admin gives permission for every member to treat any other member in the same way.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 6 2010, 02:06 PM)
I tend to hold Administrators to a higher standard, for good reason - their behavior is the template for the rest of the boards' behavior (whether they like it or not.)

If an Admin feels comfortable addressing another member with vulgarity/personal insults, that Admin gives permission for every member to treat any other member in the same way.

1-0-0-1 is a movie buff and sometimes quotes from them are used to lighten the mood....

Arthur: I'm going to take a bath.

Hobson: I'll alert the media.

Arthur: [rises] Do you want to run my bath for me?

Hobson: That's what I live for.

[Arthur exits]

Hobson: Perhaps you would like me to come in there and wash your dick for you, you little shit.

Since you like to worry over every single little nit-picky issue the quote was quite well placed. IMO

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Dec 6 2010, 02:45 PM)
Hobson: Perhaps you would like me to come in there and wash your dick for you, you little shit.

Since you like to worry over every single little nit-picky issue the quote was quite well placed. IMO

look, we're 'down in the weeds' of what matters and what doesn't on a messageboard, DM

that's not lost on me

regardless of where the quote might've originated, it's poor form coming from an Admin

period

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Dec 6 2010, 02:45 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 6 2010, 02:06 PM)

1-0-0-1 is a movie buff and sometimes quotes from them are used to lighten the mood....

Arthur: I'm going to take a bath.

Hobson: I'll alert the media.

Arthur: [rises] Do you want to run my bath for me?

Hobson: That's what I live for.

[Arthur exits]

I used that particular quote because it's a well-known one from a well-known movie, and I really thought ghostworks would recognize it and get a kick out of it.

As Digi correctly suggested, the use of that quote was designed to convey how nitpicky I thought ghost was being over this sig issue, and using a funny movie quote was supposed to lighten that up some. I also included the handy smiley to help the joke along. Oh well...sometimes jokes don't work.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 6 2010, 01:22 PM)
I'm just having a little trouble reconciling what personal 'fun' I'm supposed to be divining from this:
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @  Dec 1 2010, 09:45 PM)
"...we're not trying to nail every sig. But of course you already know that. You just like getting these reactions..."

- especially coming from an Admin member in his administrative capacity

As for this, lemme ask you...why DO you go through all this trouble to question everything we do here? I explained our position on big sigs in a clear and concise manner, with no hint of attitude. But wasn't good enough for you.

I had no choice but to draw the conclusion that you bust our balls simply to get a rise out of us, solely for self-amusement. It sure seems like you have the whole passive-aggressive thing down to an art form. If that's not the case, then what's the deal with you?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 7 2010, 02:39 AM)
...why DO you go through all this trouble to question everything we do here?

'everything'?

please don't exaggerate

...I had no choice but to draw the conclusion that you bust our balls simply to get a rise out of us, solely for self-amusement.

instead of drawing conclusions, why not ask your questions, directly?

get the answers, move on from there

in fact, if you wanted to address this with me offline, you have the effortless capacity at your fingertips to do so

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 7 2010, 11:00 AM)

'everything'?

please don't exaggerate

...I had no choice but to draw the conclusion that you bust our balls simply to get a rise out of us, solely for self-amusement.

in fact, if you wanted to address this with me offline, you have the effortless capacity at your fingertips to do so

Everything, some things, whatever. Are we going to get bogged down in semantics now?

So, it's okay for you to question the way we run things out here in public, but I have to ask YOU questions in private? Is that what you're saying?

QUOTE (Bluenotes @ Dec 13 2010, 04:30 PM)
Would some body be so kind as to explain HOW to make a signature to begin with?

Sure!

Up at the top of the page there's this button user posted image

hit it and the drop down will give you an Edit Signature selection

that's how the fun starts!

Good luck! smile.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 7 2010, 04:32 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 7 2010, 11:00 AM)

'everything'?

please don't exaggerate

Everything, some things, whatever. Are we going to get bogged down in semantics now?

So, it's okay for you to question the way we run things out here in public, but I have to ask YOU questions in private? Is that what you're saying?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/laughing1.gif

QUOTE (Bluenotes @ Dec 13 2010, 05:41 PM)
Nevermind I see it now! Thank you!

And you can upload pics to tinypic to use in your sig, or smileys or whatever you want. Sadly no embedded movies tho....

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 7 2010, 03:32 PM)
...so, it's okay for you to question the way we run things out here in public, but I have to ask YOU questions in private? Is that what you're saying?

* [posted for clarity's sake] *

I didn't say you 'had' to - I said if 'you wanted to'

(and for the record that distinction is not a semantic one)

nevertheless, the central issue has all but blown over

I feel I was clear about what irked me and was given more than fair opportunities to discuss them here

it was too much to hope for that you would agree with me trink39.gif

Archived