Rush 2011 Tour Ticket Fiasco

weathers

Just seeing this now, IMO, tickets were very expensive (IMO) in the US, and the VIP thingy I participated in was very very expensive and came with a souvenier package that was poorly handled - but got me seats in the 8th or 9th row. I think all tickets are way overpriced, but the market is bearing it so... nothing to do. I thougth Roger Waters was INSANELY expensive as well.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did not bother registering to get pre sale so waited for general release,

Best available on the ticketbastard website this morning for the MEN Arena were blocks 107 & 111 right at the back of the arena. Went down to the MEN, tickets in BLOCK B (front center of the stage) were available at the box office.

What are ticketbastard playing at, why don't they show these tickets on the website. How many people who could not call to the box office would have bought tickets up in the gods when better tickets were available but were not showing on the website

Edited by logo5961

QUOTE (logo5961 @ Nov 26 2010, 04:38 PM)
Did not bother registering to get pre sale so waited for general release,

Best available on the ticketbastard website this morning for the MEN Arena were blocks 107 & 111 right at the back of the arena. Went down to the MEN, tickets in BLOCK B (front center of the stage) were available at the box office.

What are ticketbastard playing at, why don't they show these tickets on the website. How many people who could not call to the box office would have bought tickets up in the gods when better tickets were available but were not showing on the website

...and that's how they shift the crap seats!

I had to go to a ticket broker get good seats for S&A at Blossom, cost a small fortune. Don't want go that route for "Q" in Cleveland. Braced for annoying frustrating ordeal, so many options not sure the best route to get decent seats. .... So much easier and fair !!! for fans in the past you can't get REAL good seats now during the general sales day. b_sigh.gif

Hi all. Not sure if it applies with the overseas promoters but there has been a big change in the way they do business in the US.

What's happening here is that it's no longer the band making as much on the ticket sale as it is the promoter trying to recoup their outlay to the artist. Artists are being paid huge sums of money, usually up front to tour now. This is why promoters and ticketmaster have auctions for the best seats and sell these idiotic "packages" where you get some trinkets along with your overpriced ticket or, you can buy "official platinum steats. Sure, the artist makes a percentage on the tickets, but the promoters are trying to cash in.