Rush 2011 Tour Ticket Fiasco

weathers

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hannuFIN @ Nov 23 2010, 02:30 PM)
145 USD=105 EUR. Now have to go smile.gif

so your tix seem cheaper to me than here in the US. quit your gripin' and go buy some tickets! trink39.gif

QUOTE (briremo @ Nov 23 2010, 02:13 PM)
Imagine how much it costs to ship all that gear back and forth. Travel for the crews overseas? Lodging? Do they use crew buses? And to recoup that cost over 10 dates would elevate ticket prices in my mind...

DING DING DING DING

We have a winner!

Overseas tours are NOT inexpensive. It really has nothing to do with pumping up retirement accounts. Most everyone involved could have retired years ago and lived out their remaining years quite comfortably.

I know it's an open forum and venting a little helps, but lets be honest - it is what it is. You either buy a ticket and go... or not. Although, I guarantee that if you go, you will not be disappointed. The show is absolutely phenomenal and well worth the price of admission.

QUOTE (Goldpartridge @ Nov 23 2010, 05:36 PM)
Im really miffed off..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt go bed till 3.00am waiting for my email regarding the presale password. Then after finially getting through to ticketline after ringing 154 times 8.58am - 9.25am they never even asked for the password and that all the best seats had gone. only managed to get tickets for me and my parntner at Sheffield Block 102 & Manchester block 114, Yep at least we are in. Just a down side previous tours ( through the years 83 - 07 ive been in blocks B from 3rd to 10th rows from stage ). Just unlucky this time round. Why just the 1 Phone line and 1 person can buy upto 20 tickets. Ya may thing im moaning but just feel better after posting this. sad.gif sad.gif

After about 100 redials i went to the website and bought "best available " for Newcastle at about 9:30am Rubbish high up to the side. Looked again at about 5pm and they had block b on the floor third row which i had to buy : absolutely baffled fing.gif

Will now have to sell other ticket but will definately sell it for face value I dont want to become one of them

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Nov 23 2010, 07:58 PM)
Imagine how much it costs to ship all that gear back and forth. Travel for the crews overseas? Lodging? Do they use crew buses? And to recoup that cost over 10 dates would elevate ticket prices in my mind...

DING DING DING DING

We have a winner!

Overseas tours are NOT inexpensive. It really has nothing to do with pumping up retirement accounts. Most everyone involved could have retired years ago and lived out their remaining years quite comfortably.

I know it's an open forum and venting a little helps, but lets be honest - it is what it is. You either buy a ticket and go... or not. Although, I guarantee that if you go, you will not be disappointed. The show is absolutely phenomenal and well worth the price of admission.

Completely agree

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 23 2010, 03:11 PM)
QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Nov 23 2010, 07:58 PM)

DING DING DING DING

We have a winner!

Completely agree

goodpost.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Nov 23 2010, 02:58 PM)

DING DING DING DING

We have a winner!

You appear to be a thoughtful individual and/or someone with an insider's knowledge of the industry. Here's how I look at these guys and other like them...

I am in awe, AWE of the sheer machinery that revolves around their ability to produce something the public wants and is willing to pay for. To think off all the individuals that will feed their families and earn a good living because Alex, Ged and Neil are talented enough and willing to share that talent with the masses.

Think of the video production teams, management and logistics, lighting crews, equipment manufacturers and employees, venue employees, drivers, roadies, advertising agencies and graphics people. Sound engineers etc...

These guys deserve a round of applause for caring enough to share. As FOH put it...they could have packed it in a long time ago. I'm sure of that. applaudit.gif

Rush is my favourite band & probably always will be, but last summer our whole car group was complaining about the prices. I paid $150 for a tix and it was a decent seat, but by no means a great seat. Add travel expense, gas, food, beer etc. and it's a damn expensive night. I have seen them about 20 times, but you gotta draw the line somewhere. It seems Rush could still great living & please the fans and 'give back' if you will, and drop the prices for these shows.

The cost of airfreighting their gear over to Europe alone will cost a fair whack of money, some of their gear aint exactly small, like the amps or whatever they are behind Alex and Geddy, and the screens.

Its not just the weight of the stuff but the volume it takes up on an aircraft, i work in the business and see bands equipment all the time going through, trust me it aint cheap.

QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Nov 23 2010, 01:09 PM)
QUOTE (upstateNYfan @ Nov 23 2010, 07:03 PM)
The prices are not ridiculous. They are precisely what the market will bear.

The average concertgoer has no clue how much it costs to run a tour like this, let alone overseas.

Instead of whining, why not plan accordingly? There is nothing fans can do about the prices aside from not going (which is unlikely since you wouldn't be on this fan site otherwise).

Go rock out and enjoy the opportunity!

cool.gif

The hike from R30 to S&A's was minimal but the hike from S&A's to this tour is rediculous. I've been a fan since '76 & seen EVERY UK tour but I have to say the price is way too high.

Then don't go...problem solved.

Said it in another thread but it needs repeating: People piss and moan because Rush didn't go to the UK/Europe with the Time Machine Tour. So, what do they do? They add UK/Europe tour dates. Now, people are pissing and moaning about the presale and ticket prices.

There's just no pleasing people. I guess Rush will never win. eyesre4.gif

On the other hand, I am sure we can find a way to blame the ticket prices on Neil and the fact that he is an a-hole. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (AJ71 @ Nov 23 2010, 03:42 PM)
there would be plenty of people pleased if they weren't being raped financially

that's something Rush could easily do something about and 'win'

Rush has little to do with ticket prices, honestly. It's the venues, the promoters and management who crunch all the numbers and come up with a price to cover facility costs and tour costs and still make a profit. THIS IS THEIR JOB, PEOPLE! They are entitled to make some money. I like my job, but I'm not going to show up and do it for free anytime soon. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (AJ71 @ Nov 23 2010, 08:42 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Jeeze, I teach Performing Arts but I haven't heard anything that melodramatic for years.

s-b-g - I'm with you ... I don't understand why people actually buy the tickets then post how pissed off they are about prices. Like you said - freewill and all that

QUOTE (Spiderdust @ Nov 23 2010, 03:12 PM)

Actually kind of annoyed that there are even seats on the floor. Has anyone been to the O2 for seated concert? Is it likely everyone on the floor will get up and move closer to the stage? Or do they put a stop to that?

comp26.gif

Last time I was there was for Jeff Waynes war of the worlds.

It was a seated gig.

The first night I has a front row seat Sounds good eh? 653.gif

Well it wasnt that good as it goes,it was so far forward you couldnt see most of the band on the stage.It was only when people moved forward you saw anything.

The stage that night was very high,Im 6 ft tall and it was a bit higher than that.

So if its the same height and the seats are shown as being right down to the stage you wont want a seat in the first 10 rows.

The second nigth I had a seat 20 or so rows back and it was a much better view.

But as this is a Rush gig people wont be sitting down,people will stand up.

People wont be allowed to run to the front,you will have to stay at your seat.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 23 2010, 03:51 PM)

Rush has little to do with ticket prices, honestly. It's the venues, the promoters and management who crunch all the numbers and come up with a price to cover facility costs and tour costs and still make a profit. THIS IS THEIR JOB, PEOPLE! They are entitled to make some money. I like my job, but I'm not going to show up and do it for free anytime soon. eyesre4.gif

Complete Bull. Rush sit down with Ray Danniels and say we need $x million to pay for our wine/cheese/golfing/motorbikes/nappies. RD goes to the promoters and says my boys want $X million make it so.

The buck stops with Rush.

QUOTE (Jean Simmons @ Nov 23 2010, 06:43 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 23 2010, 03:51 PM)

Complete Bull. Rush sit down with Ray Danniels and say we need $x million to pay for our wine/cheese/golfing/motorbikes/nappies. RD goes to the promoters and says my boys want $X million make it so.

The buck stops with Rush.

in that case given you feel that way why the f'k are you on a rush fan forum?

you obviously think they are money grabbing bastards who don't give a f'k about their fans? yes?

personally if i felt that way i wouldn't waste my time folowing a band let alone posting on their fan forum!

d

People will always miss out on gigs, frankly they can't play to everybody. Unfortunately its those that are a little financially strapped this time round.

Its simple, bands make there money via touring these days, and thus prices go up. The same people complaining are probably those that probably torrent albums on a regular basis (I apologise if you are not one of these people). Consider it one of the consequences of living in the digital age.

I can't justify tickets being too expensive when there is likely to be a complete sellout tour of Europe?

Edited by Ranger J

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Nov 23 2010, 07:59 AM)
Unfortunately their touring days are numbered, and once their touring days are over there's only limited money they can earn after that on media. Make no mistake about it. They are bucking for retirement money while their earning potential still exists. I can't blame the boys, really...

That's bullshit because they could EASILY retire right now with all the money they have.

Edited by fonzbear2000

I must admit that I was a little shocked at the price of a ticket in the front blocks - so I decided not to go.

I've seen the boys loads of times - I'll be seeing Maiden for the first time in 30 years around then too and cash will be a bit tight.

The point is - if the market will bear it then, like everything else, you pay it or you don't. The band don't owe us a cheap deal, although I think they should have given the paperless ticketing a go or limited numbers of tickets bought by one person to stop the profiteering by touts.

As a show it will be well worth the money - just not for ME right now. We all make our choices and they may well sell out at that price. I personally would have paid much more than that when they came back for the R30 tour. Tho' I won't be there I know that everyone who does go will have a f*@%ing great time!