Rush 2011 Tour Ticket Fiasco

weathers

I've never seen 20 - usually much less than that 6 or 8 max. The site that comes up now via a mobile device is not what was up earlier in the day. It kept redirecting to the sites mobile search page. I'm a tad no very annoyed that I haven't been able to get good tickets considering I was able to log on from about 9:10am. sad.gif

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

European tours also cost them more than a North American road trip. And I've no idea how it works over there with regards to the venue's cut of the takings, taxes, etc.

Just sayin'. I feel for all of you. The sale process appears to be rather poorly

organized.

Anyone who thinks bands don't have the final say on price need their heads rewiring

They have a 'fee' which they pass onto prospective promoters, who then decide ticket price suitable to cover fee and their side of things

The problem is, with the drop in physical record sales bands now ask for a much higher guarantee than they used to

Which in turn gets passed onto us poor saps

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 23 2010, 09:31 AM)
Just sayin'. I feel for all of you. The sale process appears to be rather poorly
organized.

I thought it one of the better presales I've done.

But I never expect anything organised by Anthem to work smoothly.

Didn't even get my email about the presale until the minute it happened.

For the Words of the Profits

Were Written on Ray Danniel's Walls.

Concert Halls

Echo to the Sound of reduced crowds

I KNOW Rush has the will to make the ticket buying situation for their fans better...so why don't they do it?

How many hoops would you go through to validate yourself as a TRUE fan?

I'd say, Ticket to ID would be the best way to nip this in the bud.

Buy the ticket with an ID, and you can ONLY get into the show with that ID.

I hate SCALPERS.

Osage

QUOTE (osage2112 @ Nov 23 2010, 10:16 AM)
I KNOW Rush has the will to make the ticket buying situation for their fans better...so why don't they do it?

How many hoops would you go through to validate yourself as a TRUE fan?

I'd say, Ticket to ID would be the best way to nip this in the bud.

Buy the ticket with an ID, and you can ONLY get into the show with that ID.

I hate SCALPERS.
Osage

with the AC/DC fanclub presales. You got to buy just 2 tickets per membership and they were paper tickets. You had to collect them on door of gig with credit card used to purchase them and ID

worked like a charm for me

You know, except for the part about buying tickets in blocks of 20 (TWENTY!?!?!?!?), this sounds an awful lot like the discussion on this board during the ticket pre-sales for the North American leg of the tour....

rofl3.gif

Plus ca change.....

Im really miffed off..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt go bed till 3.00am waiting for my email regarding the presale password. Then after finially getting through to ticketline after ringing 154 times 8.58am - 9.25am they never even asked for the password and that all the best seats had gone. only managed to get tickets for me and my parntner at Sheffield Block 102 & Manchester block 114, Yep at least we are in. Just a down side previous tours ( through the years 83 - 07 ive been in blocks B from 3rd to 10th rows from stage ). Just unlucky this time round. Why just the 1 Phone line and 1 person can buy upto 20 tickets. Ya may thing im moaning but just feel better after posting this. sad.gif sad.gif

Terve! Are these all PRE-SALES tickets which you are talking about now ? Not even published in newspapers or so (like good olg ages wink.gif ?

What's left for those decent citizens who are not subscribers of Rush newsletter (I am..but makes me wonder..).

Just wondering as usual..

The prices are not ridiculous. They are precisely what the market will bear.

The average concertgoer has no clue how much it costs to run a tour like this, let alone overseas.

Instead of whining, why not plan accordingly? There is nothing fans can do about the prices aside from not going (which is unlikely since you wouldn't be on this fan site otherwise).

Go rock out and enjoy the opportunity!

cool.gif

QUOTE (upstateNYfan @ Nov 23 2010, 07:03 PM)

The average concertgoer has no clue how much it costs to run a tour like this, let alone overseas.

Instead of whining, why not plan accordingly? There is nothing fans can do about the prices aside from not going (which is unlikely since you wouldn't be on this fan site otherwise).

cool.gif

The hike from R30 to S&A's was minimal but the hike from S&A's to this tour is rediculous. I've been a fan since '76 & seen EVERY UK tour but I have to say the price is way too high.

QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Nov 23 2010, 07:09 PM)

cool.gif

The hike from R30 to S&A's was minimal but the hike from S&A's to this tour is rediculous. I've been a fan since '76 & seen EVERY UK tour but I have to say the price is way too high.

Have to agree - we got 4th row for S&A Newcastle for 45 quid each ...now we're been asked to pay 81 sheets!!

The Caravan Thunders Onward...they can't stop thinking big!

QUOTE (nebbish @ Nov 23 2010, 07:33 PM)
QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Nov 23 2010, 07:09 PM)

cool.gif

Have to agree - we got 4th row for S&A Newcastle for 45 quid each ...now we're been asked to pay 81 sheets!!

The Caravan Thunders Onward...they can't stop thinking big!

Almost double per ticket............a feckin scandal!!

What's 80 Euros work out to in American $?

Our premium seats here were $145.00. 10 times the cost of a movie ticket. How about accross the pond?

FWIW, another poster commented on the expenses. They only have like 10 dates right? Imagine how much it costs to ship all that gear back and forth. Travel for the crews overseas? Lodging? Do they use crew buses? And to recoup that cost over 10 dates would elevate ticket prices in my mind...