Rush 2011 Tour Ticket Fiasco

weathers

Is it me or am I getting cynical in my old age?

Rush tickets go on pre-sale to "genuine" fans this morning!

First of all the site crashes then........

Have you seen the unbelievable prices they are.

Most of the floor seats have sold already.

Demand? or the fact that you can buy up to 20!

I've just rung Viagogo and they are now being inundated with tickets being offloaded on their site to cash in on a quick buck.

Unbelievable.

Thanks for 30 years loyalty? Thanks for nothing.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ Nov 23 2010, 05:54 AM)
pre sale was frantic! very happy with the tickets I managed to secure though.

The point I agree with is why the hell do ticketline allow someone to buy a block of 20!! its madness and unfortunately alot of geuine fans will miss out or have to pay huge amounts of money for a decent ticket.

Because ticket master make an agreement with Ray Daniels and SRO agree the terms and conditions for sale.

I.E. Ray Daniels / Rush agree to sell blocks of 20.

They also agree the booking fee and take a percentage of that.

They also agree the ticket price (nearly double last times tour)

beathorse.gif

Trying to access the site on iPhone meant I kept being redirected to their general site sad.gif. I've spent all morning to end up with ok tickets for birmingham (side) and pretty rubbish ones for Newcastle. Iron maiden presage was a lot better done.

yeh I thought the amount of tickets you could by was a bit absurd!

Here you're only able to buy 5 tickets max to most gigs.

I was watching the floor blocks disappear at my fingertips as I frantically decided which gig had the best seats available. Managed to get some OK seats on the floor in C3 block at the London gig.

Its very similar to what I would expect to pay here in OZ for the same gig, so I can't complain too much about the cost, but I can imagine it would be tough for some people.

Anyway, enough of whinging, and look forward to the show!

Cheers,

Blocks of TWENTY????

Something stinks - somewhere, someone in an official capacity has a side gig going and is double-dipping on resales. That's ridiculous.

Unfortunately their touring days are numbered, and once their touring days are over there's only limited money they can earn after that on media. Make no mistake about it. They are bucking for retirement money while their earning potential still exists. I can't blame the boys, really...

The only grumble I have is the prices. Getting the actual tickets was fairly easy

I didnt for one second think rush.com would get ALL the best tickets for each show. That wouldnt be fair either

I'll try again in general sale and see if anything better pops up

PS :

Ticketline didnt crash for me once

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Nov 23 2010, 07:59 AM)
Unfortunately their touring days are numbered, and once their touring days are over there's only limited money they can earn after that on media. Make no mistake about it. They are bucking for retirement money while their earning potential still exists. I can't blame the boys, really...

I don't really think they need to screw fans for every last penny do you?

They've sold over 40 million albums and have had lifelong fans buying everything they do....

Yes. even those bobble head dolls!!!!

I think its underhand and greedy and a big two fingers to the people who put them there.

QUOTE (simon01 @ Nov 23 2010, 09:22 AM)
Probably not the bands fault re tickets but the managemnt and agencies.

Ray Daniels is by his own admission the fourth member of Rush. He said so in Beyond the Lighted Stage.

He is SRO management. and he's agreed the cost of the tickets, the fee's on top and the block booking scenario which has stopped loads of fans going.

I used to work for Anthem UK

So looking at his stable of talent, yes he is probably getting ready for his retirement.

Bitter taste thats all.

Can't wait to see them though.