Holy crap, that's RUSH!

Drewski

Four years ago I was in a high school buisness course watching a student made video from 1988. As the video progressed, I was really enjoying seeing how things looked back then; the clothes, the classroom, the fact the teacher had a mustache and glasses that ate up his face. Then all of a sudden, I hear a song - a VERY familiar song - playing along with the video. It was Marathon playing! Holy crap! I literally yelped "Holy crap, that's RUSH!"

Anyone have a "Holy crap, that's Rush!" story? 2.gif

A few years ago, at a St. Louis Blues hockey game, the organist started playing a familiar tune. It was the intro to YYZ, organized. Took me a minute to decipher the new arrangement... he didn't start at the beginning of the song. But when I figured it out, I was rather enthralled.

QUOTE (Drewski @ Nov 21 2010, 01:39 AM)
Four years ago I was in a high school buisness course watching a student made video from 1988. As the video progressed, I was really enjoying seeing how things looked back then; the clothes, the classroom, the fact the teacher had a mustache and glasses that ate up his face. Then all of a sudden, I hear a song - a VERY familiar song - playing along with the video. It was Marathon playing! Holy crap! I literally yelped "Holy crap, that's RUSH!"

Anyone have a "Holy crap, that's Rush!" story?  2.gif

What did your classmates say when you randomly exclaimed "Holy crap, that's Rush!"? laugh.gif

My memory is not very reliable when it comes to those kinds of moments, but someone as obsessed as me is bound to have some sooner or later. tongue.gif

The only thing I have thats sort of a "Holy Crap, that's Rush!" moment was when I was at a flea market with my fiance and that day, I had been looking for some vinyl and that included Rush vinyl. We stopped at this small stand that had some vinyl there and my fiance was trying to show me something else and I looked over and saw a very familar album cover from a good distance away and thats when I literally yelled, "Oh my god! Its 2112!" Needless to say, thats NOT what my fiance was trying to show me but because he made me look over there, I saw it laugh.gif

I was watching Fringe one night and during the opening scene (you know, the scene at the very beginning where someone inevitably dies) and these two teens are sitting in a car listening to "Tom Sawyer".

Hearing that song as the guy got mauled by a weird shapeshifter mercury... "thing" was pretty interesting though. xDD

Mine was seeing the dude wearing the Rush t-shirt during the AT&T commercial last week during a football game. I didn't know anything about it, and my wife said, "Hunny, did you just see that?" and I didn't...we hit rewind on the TiVo and watched it again and I was like..."Holy Crap!!!!!"

I remember going into a Bose store last year to look for headphones, and they were playing the Snakes And Arrows DVD to demonstrate a home stereo system. I did literally exclaim something along the lines of "Holy crap, that's Rush!" biggrin.gif

Last year at an Atlanta Braves game, when the Brave took the field at the start of the first inning, the intro of Tom Sawyer played. HCTR!!!!!

I have to say though it's a pretty epic song for something like that.

Last year at an Atlanta Braves game, when the Brave took the field at the start of the first inning, the intro of Tom Sawyer played. HCTR!!!!!

I have to say though it's a pretty epic song for something like that.

So, after watching Sarah Palin's Alaska (MY AWESOME CRACK. That show is hilarious), I was switching between Futurama and that 19 Kids and Counting and one of the crew dudes had a 2.gif shirt on. Random. I actually watched seven minutes of the show JUST to make sure my eyes were not deceiving me.

Alas, no Rush music, but still... so random.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Nov 21 2010, 10:33 PM)
I was at the grocery store and I saw two girls walking around and I noticed that one of them was wearing a Rush hoodie. My response was "Is that Rush??!!"

What did said girl do?

I need a Rash hoodie. Or a Rash t-shirt. I feel so out of the girlish loop now.

QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 21 2010, 11:11 PM)
I was at the grocery store and I saw two girls walking around and I noticed that one of them was wearing a Rush hoodie. My response was "Is that Rush??!!"

What did said girl do?

She was kind of surprised and said yeah and she was a fan and all.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Nov 21 2010, 10:12 PM)
QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 21 2010, 11:11 PM)

What did said girl do?

She was kind of surprised and said yeah and she was a fan and all.

I want a Rush hoodie. O:

You should've asked her where she got it!.. And then told yours truly. |D

Still, that's awesome. Go her!

I think a lot of teachers and such have had "Holy crap, that's RUSH!" moments when I deliver passes whilst wearing my Rush t-shirt.

About a year ago I was listening to a local HIGH SCHOOL radio station. I listen to this station randomly because of the wide variety of things played.

Out of no where "Stick It Out" came on. Not your usual daily dose of Rush but much appreciated.

I went to my local Oktoberfest, and walked into this really small music stand where they had the usual stuff: CDs, vinyls and even some cassettes. I didn't find any good CDs, but when I looked through the vinyls, I came across Moving Pictures and yelled "HOLY F*CK THEY HAVE RUSH VINYLS!"

I had variations of the same reaction when I kept looking and found ESL, Grace Under Pressure, and Signals.

Before the start of a high school cross country meet in September, I heard a very familiar song opening over the PA system.

By the time Geddy got to "A modern day warrior..." I wasn't saying "Holy Crap." It was more like, "Hell yeah, that's Rush!"

A woman I'd never met before was standing about five feet away, and she had the same reaction when she heard Tom Sawyer. We then talked for about 10 minutes about our passion for Rush.

Archived