TIME MACHINE TOUR 2011

Shirley

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jean Simmons @ Nov 19 2010, 07:15 PM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 19 2010, 07:02 PM)
Glasgow was heaving last time.

That was from the stench of all those in from Paisley and Cumbernauld smile.gif

Glasgow was definitely sold out the last time they came as some people i knew couldn't get in - not straight away - but sold out about a month before gig date if memory serves me right smile.gif

I hope they play in Philadelphia and not Camden this time around. The Camden venue is poorly located, has the worst acoustics I've ever heard, and is too compact.

Philly is a great big arena with awesome acoustics and it's indoor.

Based on the timeline that it looks like, they may be in the area at a time where they can only play Philly because weather conditions wouldn't permit a gig in Camden.

I hope so, anyway.

QUOTE (Jean Simmons @ Nov 20 2010, 01:15 AM)
That was from the stench of all those in from Paisley and Cumbernauld smile.gif

Pardon????

It took a while for the R30 tour to sell out. Tickets had been on sale for about 3 months before I eventually bought one, and even then for some srange reason I managed to get a 2nd row ticket. No idea how I managed to get such a superb ticket just about a month before the concert.

If they're playing "primarily" locations that they haven't visited during last year's run, I'm willing to bet/hope that Toronto would still see a second lap around. After all, that's where the dudes originated from! tongue.gif

I'm glad to see that fans in the U.K get to see this tour. You are simply in for a major treat! smile.gif

Edited by Hemispheres89

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Nov 20 2010, 10:51 PM)
If they're playing "primarily" locations that they haven't visited during last year's run, I'm willing to bet/hope that Toronto would still see a second lap around. After all, that's where the dudes originated from! tongue.gif

I'm glad to see that fans in the U.K get to see this tour. You are simply in for a major treat! smile.gif

According to RIAB, the band is looking into securing a date in Hamilton, ON which is not far from Toronto at all. So it would please everyone, being a short drive for those who saw them last time in Toronto, and its also a secondary market.

QUOTE (bigman208 @ Nov 21 2010, 12:59 AM)
QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Nov 20 2010, 10:51 PM)
If they're playing "primarily" locations that they haven't visited during last year's run, I'm willing to bet/hope that Toronto would still see a second lap around. After all, that's where the dudes originated from!  tongue.gif

I'm glad to see that fans in the U.K get to see this tour. You are simply in for a major treat!  smile.gif

According to RIAB, the band is looking into securing a date in Hamilton, ON which is not far from Toronto at all. So it would please everyone, being a short drive for those who saw them last time in Toronto, and its also a secondary market.

OMG! Where does it say this!? I am actually FROM Hamilton! So they'd be playing at Copps?! I'm getting happier by the second new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Since they've come back starting with the VT tour, Rush seems to be trying to find places they've never played before..

2002: Mexico City, Rio, Porto Alegre, Sao Paulo

2008: San Juan

2010 Buenos Aires, Santiago

2011: Dublin

Now the big question for the CA tour is... will they finally get to Australia? It's the one glaring omission in their passports.

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Nov 21 2010, 02:18 AM)
Now the big question for the CA tour is... will they finally get to Australia? It's the one glaring omission in their passports.

I can only hope so!!!! Even one or two dates in Sydney or Melbourne would keep me happy. They would be huge gigs nevertheless, the Aussie fans here would be relentless after missing out tour after tour.

Its odd, they've played in some odd destinations, but yet to set foot in this part of the world, which even Perth (which always missed out until 5 years ago) is a common stomping ground for drawcards (i.e. Metallica, Iron Maiden etc) nowadays.

I'm from Perth, Western Australia - but I'm planning on flying out to England for 2-3 weeks and see Rush in either the Birmingham or London CA show.

Its going to be huge! In the past 12 months I've gone from never having heard a single Rush song, to building a collection of CDs, DVD's, and memorabilia.

Counting down the days now!

QUOTE (LaVilla @ Nov 21 2010, 01:40 AM)
What was the chances of someone from Paisley being on this board, Lol, And congrats on the 2nd row, And best of luck this time round ;-)

LOL

I dont think I'mgoing to get a decent ticket this time around though, when the presale happens and the general sale tickets go on sale, I will be working both days and canny get online if the supervisor is hovering around which she always does apart from 1-2pm when she is on lunch but by that time all the front row tix will be long gone sad.gif . I will have to rely on my pal to try and get good tickets.

What was the chances of someone from Paisley being on this board, Lol, And congrats on the 2nd row, And best of luck this time round ;-)

I'm born & Bred in Paisley.....Live in Renfrew now!!

As for pre-sale some presales don't have front row tickets for sale, they keep them for the box office general sale!!

QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Nov 21 2010, 03:51 PM)

As for pre-sale some presales don't have front row tickets for sale, they keep them for the box office general sale!!

Coool!!!! Don't think I've ever been on a forum and there's been more than one paisley buddy on it. Whereabouts in Paisley did you used to live - Im in Glenburn.

I cant remember if I got my 2nd row tickets for R30 and S&A pre-sale or general sale - I think it might have been the general sale.

QUOTE (Xanadu Princess @ Nov 21 2010, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Nov 21 2010, 03:51 PM)

Coool!!!! Don't think I've ever been on a forum and there's been more than one paisley buddy on it. Whereabouts in Paisley did you used to live - Im in Glenburn.

I cant remember if I got my 2nd row tickets for R30 and S&A pre-sale or general sale - I think it might have been the general sale.

I was in Foxbar for most of my life, went to St Aelreds school ( no there anymore!!)

Opening a Sunday paper and seeing an ad for the Dublin gig.....big wow right there.

Rush. Dublin. Wow.

I wonder do the members of our favourite 3 piece Canadian beat-combo know that there is a town in County Dublin called Rush. They should go there, get a photo of themselves next to the town sign. Definitely. I need to go outside.

My fabulous wife has given me the green light for Dublin, Glasgow, Manchester & Dublin. They broke the mould when they made her......

Now, affording it is the next hurdle. I'm assuming my second kidney has grown back since the '08 US tour....

Ooooh the excitement, the build-ups, the drink, the TRF meet-ups, the drink, new merchandise, all of Moving Pictures, the drink, new songs, oh dear Lord.

Did I mention the drink?

Big bummer on Mr. Fridge being offshore though, that's a kick in the nads. I was very much looking forward to knocking back a few Whyte & Mackay's with the great man.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 21 2010, 03:04 PM)
My fabulous wife has given me the green light for Dublin, Glasgow, Manchester & Dublin. They broke the mould when they made her......

Now, affording it is the next hurdle. I'm assuming my second kidney has grown back since the '08 US tour....

Ooooh the excitement, the build-ups, the drink, the TRF meet-ups, the drink, new merchandise, all of Moving Pictures, the drink, new songs, oh dear Lord.

Did I mention the drink?

Big bummer on Mr. Fridge being offshore though, that's a kick in the nads. I was very much looking forward to knocking back a few Whyte & Mackay's with the great man.

I'll see you in Manchester then mate...

Will we still communicate by typing on a keyboard though??

unsure.gif huh.gif ph34r.gif comp26.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 21 2010, 10:07 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 21 2010, 03:04 PM)

Did I mention the drink?

I'll see you in Manchester then mate...

Will we still communicate by typing on a keyboard though??

unsure.gif huh.gif ph34r.gif comp26.gif

After a few hours imbibing, it'll be by a series of facial ticks, slurring and grunts.

We must try and get the fab Mr. & Mrs. Huck to come along too.