How did you find yourself on TRF?

Mara

How did you happen to stumble across therushforum.com? Did a friend get you to sign up? Defect from another forum?

Me, I was looking for pictures of Neil and ended up in the "Neil Peart Rules" thread.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd thought about joining a forum about Rush for quite a while & found a whole list of them through Google. In having a look at a few & backing up out of them, I found this one. I liked the look of TRF & decided to register. I was accepted quite quickly & here I am, a proud member of the best forum ever. Best thing I ever did. To go elsewhere or even think of joining others is unthinkable as I love it here.

I was/am a long-standing member of another Rush messageboard and kept hearing about how juvenile and childish and heavily moderated TRF was/is.

I signed up to check it out.

And although it was/is all those things, I've managed to find a few thought-provoking members and threads to keep me interested and (relatively) active here.

Switching back and forth between the two boards is kinda like flipping back and forth between The Sopranos and Mythbusters.

A link from a Rush search i was doing

I think I was looking up info on when they were going to be touring and if they would play Seattle. I honestly can't say exactly how I found TRF. I stumbled across it I think.

I love it. I love TRF. I may not exactly remember how I found it but I am so glad I did.

I was invited by a former member TRF - NeilPeartGal. I originally met her on another forum simply called Rush Forum. Up until then, I was a regular at just Rush Forum and Counterparts.

Not exactly sure but I was probably searching for Rush interviews or something, can't remember as it was probably at least 2 years ago. I must've spent at least a year browsing through the entirety of Rush and MotS threads before finally deciding to officially join. I found some of it quite thought provoking, some of what I disagreed with made me a bit angry and often I found myself laughing out loud. So I was already pretty familiar with the opinions of many of the other members' likes and dislikes by the time I joined. The best and most active music related forum on the net. yes.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Nov 15 2010, 09:43 AM)
I was/am a long-standing member of another Rush messageboard and kept hearing about how juvenile and childish and heavily moderated TRF was/is.

And although it was/is all those things, I've managed to find a few thought-provoking members and threads to keep me interested and (relatively) active here.

Switching back and forth between the two boards is kinda like flipping back and forth between The Sopranos and Mythbusters.

We're so glad you like our childish and overmodded board! I think...

.....Was that the reaction you were looking for?

I was searching for RUSH related trivia and found TRF several years ago but was a non posting lurker for years. I've always loved the knowledge of the TRF fan base and and was humbled when I realized that I may not be the biggest RUSH fan ever. (I said may not). After traveling to Montreal on a Snakes tour vacation, the 2010 RUSH craze and then reaching my 20th show I signed up and have thoroughly enjoyed this community ever since.

I was looking for more info after I saw the 2004 show and I found ALL the messageboards, but they wanted my info, e-mail etc. to sign up ohmy.gif and I was still leery of the big bad internet so I didn't join any of them. Several years later I got a little braver and joined them all.

Believe I saw a link from RIAB and looked at TRF and said, I think I can hang out here, even for a while if it is in the shadows and I don't post anything (until someone like Madge gets in the RRHOF and I completely lose my mind angry.gif ).

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 15 2010, 10:51 AM)

eyesre4.gif [right on cue]

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Nov 15 2010, 12:56 PM)

And THAT response was right on cue, too. Well done!

Look, you posted that to provoke a response, and you got it. I'm here to help. yes.gif

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Nov 15 2010, 09:00 AM)
I was on another  2.gif forum that folded.  I needed my fix.  I searched and I found all of you.

And my life is better for it!

I bet you say that to all TRF's.... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 15 2010, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Nov 15 2010, 12:56 PM)

And THAT response was right on cue, too. Well done!

Look, you posted that to provoke a response, and you got it. I'm here to help. yes.gif

Tch tch.

No need to get huffy.

[and for the record: I posted what I did cos the OP asked ...and it's the truth - our very interactions prove the point]

Archived