Shouldn't RUSH Go Out With A Bang And Play All

RUSHHEAD666

I know they are going to pump the new record down our throats on the next tour but wouldn't it be cool to see RUSH perform all Four Parts Of Fear live?

I say YES!

They can save "Jacob's Ladder" for their "Farewell Tour" after the "Clockwork Angels" Tour.........................................

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Nov 11 2010, 07:25 AM)
save jacob's ladder? who knows if i'll be alive at that time. play it now and play all four parts of fear also. if rush isn't going to play certain songs and make some major changes, i will be a no show. i'm getting too old for games.

Yeah, that too. I haven't seen them as many times as our fellow North Americans on the forum, but I do agree that major changes in the set are needed. Unfortunately I can't really see it happening, as the staples will always be there: TSOR, Tom Sawyer, Limelight etc etc...

While I would love to hear all four parts of Fear, I don't think that it would have them going out with a big bang. I think if they were going to go out with a big bang, it was the setlist from R30. In fact, I thought that was the end when they finished the overture...It almost seemed like a eulogy. After that set and MP in its entirety, not sure what they could do for a big bang. I would vote for another instrumental overture-type medley of never played songs?

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Nov 11 2010, 07:51 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Nov 11 2010, 07:25 AM)
save jacob's ladder?  who knows if i'll be alive at that time.  play it now and play all four parts of fear also.  if rush isn't going to play certain songs and make some major changes, i will be a no show.  i'm getting too old for games.

Yeah, that too. I haven't seen them as many times as our fellow North Americans on the forum, but I do agree that major changes in the set are needed. Unfortunately I can't really see it happening, as the staples will always be there: TSOR, Tom Sawyer, Limelight etc etc...

maybe major changes is too much to ask for. i realize they have to play the staples but drop a few and play something else. they are riding a wave right now so they will continue to cater to the crowd that only owns mp.

It would be cool, but Fear doesn't realy hold the punch it once did!

I would rather hear Jacobs Ladder or Cygnus X-1/ Hemipsheres (Entire) ! Or all of Ganster of Boats! Better yet play them all together in one tour!

The Spirit Of Radio

Limelight

Caravan

Ganster Of Boats

Fear

Jacobs Ladder

Cygnus X-1 (Entire)/

Hemispheres! (Entire)

That's One Nice set!

1022.gif

Fear was really cool. Saving Jacob's ladder for later...NO!

Anyway who says that they're going on a farewell tour after clockwork angels??

I sure hope that they aren't any time soon! NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Nov 11 2010, 10:27 AM)
Fear was really cool. Saving Jacob's ladder for later...NO!

Anyway who says that they're going on a farewell tour after clockwork angels??

I sure hope that they aren't any time soon! NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif

Amen to that! I still think they have at least five Tour left!

Time Machine Tour (Leg II)

Clockwork Angels

R40

Another New Album!

then the Farwell tour!

1022.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Nov 11 2010, 04:31 AM)
I know they are going to pump the new record down our throats on the next tour but wouldn't it be cool to see RUSH perform all Four Parts Of Fear live?

I say YES!

They can save "Jacob's Ladder" for their "Farewell Tour" after the "Clockwork Angels" Tour.........................................

I don't consider this "going out with a bang." I consider it wasting 20-24 minutes of concert time on two so-so songs ("Enemy Within" and "Freeze"), one song I've heard them do a half-dozen times already ("Witch Hunt"), and - admittedly - ONE awesome song ("The Weapon"). By the time that little segment is over, they could've played two awesome mini-epics like "Xanadu" and "Natural Science" with time to spare, or fit in a bunch of shorter songs which surpass the Fear songs.

smilies-8579.png

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 11 2010, 08:43 PM)

I say YES!

I don't consider this "going out with a bang." I consider it wasting 20-24 minutes of concert time on two so-so songs ("Enemy Within" and "Freeze"), one song I've heard them do a half-dozen times already ("Witch Hunt"), and - admittedly - ONE awesome song ("The Weapon"). By the time that little segment is over, they could've played two awesome mini-epics like "Xanadu" and "Natural Science" with time to spare, or fit in a bunch of shorter songs which surpass the Fear songs.

smilies-8579.png

There are no "so-so" songs in the Fear quadrilogy! Every one of them kicks ass. Besides, they've played Natural Science fairly regularly since T4E. Of course I'd never turn down Xanadu.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 11 2010, 09:43 PM)

I say YES!

smilies-8579.png

Truthfully, I would settle for just "The Weapon".

I know I'm repeating myself, but we have pairs of certain bodily organs, and I'd gladly give up one of each to hear that song live again. One kidney, one lung, a sizeable hunk of liver, some blood. And bonus - I'll give up BOTH ovaries and the uterus.

I so badly want to hear "The Weapon" again.

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 11 2010, 08:53 PM)

I say YES!

smilies-8579.png

I know I'm repeating myself, but we have pairs of certain bodily organs, and I'd gladly give up one of each to hear that song live again. One kidney, one lung, a sizeable hunk of liver, some blood. And bonus - I'll give up BOTH ovaries and the uterus.

i'll take one of your kidney's and lungs, smile.gif and yes they need to bring back the weapon with the count and the 3-d glasses. i remember getting pumped up thinking about the possibilities of the setlist before the time machine tour. i was saying to myself they are going to play the weapon and i went on youtube to watch the g/p video about 10 times. than they released the setlist. what a letdown. sad.gif

If they only played "The Weapon" from that series, as much as I do love the other songs, that'd make my day (night, as it would be?). I love that song so much I even used it as my background music for a Government class project (no joke).

I don't know if I'd call that going "out with a bang" but the whole Fear series in a concert would be epic anyways. They're cool songs, for sure.

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 11 2010, 06:53 PM)

I say YES!

smilies-8579.png

May I have that piece of your liver? laugh.gif

trink39.gif

Forget that song "Piece Of Your Heart" by Janis Joplin! heart.gif

Give me a "Piece Of Your Liver!"

Signed,

Weird Al

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Nov 11 2010, 08:25 PM)
All of "Fear" would be sweet but I'm not sure that's the grand finale "bang"

So true! Don't know why I used that word.

So what would be your favorite Rush song to see played that will end on a BANG?

I know this Forum is dying for "Jacob's Ladder."

Would that be enough bang for our buck?

Not so sure.

Give me the first side of "Hemispheres." Not sure if Geddy's vocals could get through it though. sad.gif

Archived