The dilemma, to go see the same tour next Spring?

osage2112

In a nut shell:

I'd likely end up going again, but not spending the big bucks like I did this tour.

Pro:

See RUSH every chance I get, cause there are only so many shows they will do from now until there end.

Love the music

Maybe they'll add "The Enemy Within" to the set!

Con:

Same set list would be a tad of a bummer

Rolling the bones on the presale is not something I look forward too...my record is DISMAL. comp26.gif

They are not coming back with the same show agian , maybe they do M.P. agian but not the Same show . That would kill them at the box office

Hmm, to the UK for a RUSH show...that would fall under the PRO list!!!

I missed it that the Spring tour would be yuropeean...dude, I just might be able to do that...on a budget!

Osage

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 10 2010, 04:31 PM)
from the sound of it they're going to be touring Europe, I don't know if they'd do North America again. And in that case they would probably stick with the exact same setlist.

i agree. if they hit the US again after touring in europe, i don't think they would change up the setlist.

QUOTE (osage2112 @ Nov 10 2010, 10:21 PM)
Hmm, to the UK for a RUSH show...that would fall under the PRO list!!!

I missed it that the Spring tour would be yuropeean...dude, I just might be able to do that...on a budget!
Osage

Cool! See ya there!

I just wanna see them and as soon as pos. From what Geddy said the other night they are in the best form they've ever been in so that will be some show irrelevant what material they choose.

QUOTE (osage2112 @ Nov 10 2010, 02:09 PM)
In a nut shell:

I'd likely end up going again, but not spending the big bucks like I did this tour.

Pro:

See RUSH every chance I get, cause there are only so many shows they will do from now until there end.

Love the music

Con:

Rolling the bones on the presale is not something I look forward too...my record is DISMAL. comp26.gif

Whoa! You are in a "nutshell?"

Are you Austin Powers?

Maybe they will play "Powers Window" all the way through!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (osage2112 @ Nov 10 2010, 04:09 PM)
In a nut shell:

Pro:

Love the music

Con:

To them It's really all about giving love to their fans, brah, as they've been doing forever. Money s tertiary, dude. Just go and bathe in the glowing love.

Apparently they won't be touring in the US for at least another two years. The schedule is to do a world tour, covering Europe, some other places they have never visited or not been to for a while, mixed in with finishing the album and a long break in the middle of the world tour to get back home and see family etc.

Sources close to the band say they are done with the US for the near future. They realise they have neglected other markets and its time to strike while they are in the ascendant. The worry is that due to previous exposure they won't fill US venues to the same extent that they will in other, carefully selected, countries.

IMHO they are probably fed up with seeing the same US number plates in the first few rows and want a fresh crowd reaction and a bit of variety, goddammit!

Probably not Australia though - Ged said at the London Q and A that it is just too far away.

And on the Planet Rock interview he effectively ruled out the 'several nights at smaller venue' option too, when asked about Hammersmith in London. Although again IMHO that would be a great place to do a DVD, on the back of the third disc on 'Different Stages'.

Heyyyyyy, my plate said YYZ for the last two tours...and it was held up by 6 different people in the 2nd row both times...considering I utilized two up front seats between six folks, that spreading the wealth and variety.

I wish they would do a small venue...advertise day of show, and blow the crowd away.

That would be so RUSH.

Osage

I agree, the money is the same for them, no matter how many hands the tickets pass through.

It's the end buyer that gets stuck paying $$$ for a seat worth a third of that.

I'd like to see ONE artist (and RUSH has the heart to do it) take all scalpers out of the process.

Yeah, ticket sales would have to be draconian...but aren't we worth it?

Osage

If - and it's a big "if" - they toured the US again prior to the release of Clockwork Angels, I would go as long as I didn't have to travel a ridiculous distance.

Even with minimal changes to the setlist, it would be worth it to me. Live Rush is live Rush, and there are not going to be too many more chances to experience that phenomenon.

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 11 2010, 02:47 PM)
If - and it's a big "if" - they toured the US again prior to the release of Clockwork Angels, I would go as long as I didn't have to travel a ridiculous distance.

Even with minimal changes to the setlist, it would be worth it to me. Live Rush is live Rush, and there are not going to be too many more chances to experience that phenomenon.

I wasn't able to make it down to GA this year, so I'm holding out hope for a 2nd small US run just to hit the cities missed last year. Nashville, TN misses you Rush!!!

QUOTE (wrekinboy @ Nov 11 2010, 09:36 AM)
IMHO they are probably fed up with seeing the same US number plates in the first few rows and want a fresh crowd reaction and a bit of variety, goddammit!

I thought they were mainly Canadian ones?

Anyhoo, if Rush tour the UK next year and if I get a ticket and if I'm down near teh front, ANYBODY brandishing a number plate will find themselves with a funky new necklace PDQ.

QUOTE (Jean Simmons @ Nov 12 2010, 12:18 AM)
QUOTE (wrekinboy @ Nov 11 2010, 09:36 AM)

I thought they were mainly Canadian ones?

Anyhoo, if Rush tour the UK next year and if I get a ticket and if I'm down near teh front, ANYBODY brandishing a number plate will find themselves with a funky new necklace PDQ.

Isn't Canada part of US?

QUOTE (wrekinboy @ Nov 11 2010, 07:36 AM)

Probably not Australia though - Ged said at the London Q and A that it is just too far away.

He also said they'd get their one day. Don't know if you heard that part or not.

I do NOT think there will be a U.S. leg, just European cities where they have not been in a long time.

I would like to see MP full again. And a couple songs dropped in favor of others. I loved seeing Counterparts stuff, but swap it for Jacob's Ladder, Entre Nous, Territories, Force Ten.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Nov 12 2010, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE (wrekinboy @ Nov 11 2010, 07:36 AM)

He also said they'd get their one day. Don't know if you heard that part or not.

I do NOT think there will be a U.S. leg, just European cities where they have not been in a long time.

I did hear that part - I think he meant we'll get there one day for a holiday!

If they come back to the US, I am not sure what I would do. If the setlist is exactly the same I would probably go, but I would sit on the lawn (if at spac) or in the cheaper seats like I did and the NYS Fair. I don't think that I could miss them if they came to town.

Archived