Best Drivin' Song

savagegrace26

What is your favorite song to play while ridin' or drivin'?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite song to play while ridin' or drivin'?

• The Spirit of Radio
    • Red Barchetta
    • Subdivisions
    • Marathon
    • Prime Mover
    • Dreamline
    • Cut to the Chase
    • Driven
    • Ghost Rider
    • Workin' Them Angels
    • Caravan
    • Other (specify)

Side one of Fly By Night would be appropriate if you were driving really fast.

Red Barchetta would be my singluar choice though. yes.gif

All of the above.

Ha, I wish. But I've been in a "Ghost of a Chance" kind of mood lately so I choose "Dreamline". But other than that, "Red Barchetta" or "Spirit of the Radio". Both of those are classics and I love 'em.. But I love all of Rush..?

And agreed with the "Analog Kid" commenter. I think that has one of the coolest guitar lines.

Earlier this year I volunteered for a short-term project for work (it had a sweet per diem) that involved lots of overnight driving - 11pm to 7am.

"Hemispheres" at full blast did the trick at 3am in the middle of nowhere. 1022.gif

Rivendell is actually a very nice song to play really loud while driving. It works especially well when played in the whole Fly by Night album sequence. After all that kickass rocking it's great to have a few minutes of peace and quiet, some nice relaxing acoustic guitar and volume swells. Then top it off with In the End and on to Caress of Steel! laugh.gif

Ah it'll be great. I got a long car ride planned to Kentucky next month. 15 hours. Most of which will be made in the dark. I'll be playing every Rush album in order from debut to whatever tracks of Clockwork Angels we have! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Nov 11 2010, 12:04 AM)
Rivendell is actually a very nice song to play really loud while driving. It works especially well when played in the whole Fly by Night album sequence. After all that kickass rocking it's great to have a few minutes of peace and quiet, some nice relaxing acoustic guitar and volume swells. Then top it off with In the End and on to Caress of Steel! laugh.gif

Ah it'll be great. I got a long car ride planned to Kentucky next month. 15 hours. Most of which will be made in the dark. I'll be playing every Rush album in order from debut to whatever tracks of Clockwork Angels we have! 1022.gif

Have fun! I love road trips biggrin.gif

I'm only a kid, so I get to sit in the back and watch Replay X3 and RIO DVDs the whole trip (and probably some tv show dvds) biggrin.gif

Snakes and arrows as a whole is a great album for a boring interstate. And Closer To The Heart, Limelight, Tom Soyya, Territories, Dreamline, The Trees, Entre Nous, etc etc etc

gotta be RB thats what it was written for. as long as you don't get nicked in the process.

also makes my Fiat panda feel like a geaming alloy air car

Went with Red Barchetta, but that's a mood-based thing. Some days it would be Driven or Dreamline or Prime Mover or something else.

Also depends what kind of driving.

And what season. A lot of Rush albums give me a seasonal or weather related feel. Moving Pictures and Snakes and Arrows are good on rainy (not stormy) days. It's raining today, so that probably had a lot to do with my Red Barchetta vote.

Archived