Who is the REAL "King of Rock 'n' Roll"?

Earthshine

The REAL one!  

31 members have voted

1. 1. The REAL one!

• Elvis Presley
    • Little Richard
    • Chuck Berry
    • Fats Domino
    • Dave Bartholomew
    • John Lennon
    • Paul McCartney
    • Jimmy Page
    • Mick Jagger
    • Long John Baldry
    • None of the above (please tell who)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 13 2010, 12:18 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 11 2010, 11:02 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 12 2010, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 11 2010, 07:27 PM)

The Jimmy Page answers I disagree with...though he'd be a strong case for a "King of Metal" title.

No f-n way. Page is Blues Rock , Not metal . A heavy riff here and there is not Metal

yes sir. but can you say that his influence on metal isn't there?

Like i said, he had his "Metal" riffs every now and agian , but when people think "Metal " Guitar Player they really don't think of Page. My money goes on Tony Iommi for King Of Metal trink39.gif

Now that I think about it, I'd say that the average person, (i.e. most people) probably wouldn't think metal OR blues in regards to Page. They'd probably simply think: ROCK. Where would people put Hendrix for that matter? It seems like he could fit in any of those 3 groupings fairly comfortably. And that's the problem with categorizing music in general...anyone good rarely fits neatly into any one box

trink39.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 14 2010, 08:09 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 13 2010, 12:18 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 11 2010, 11:02 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 12 2010, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 11 2010, 07:27 PM)

The Jimmy Page answers I disagree with...though he'd be a strong case for a "King of Metal" title.

No f-n way. Page is Blues Rock , Not metal . A heavy riff here and there is not Metal

yes sir. but can you say that his influence on metal isn't there?

Like i said, he had his "Metal" riffs every now and agian , but when people think "Metal " Guitar Player they really don't think of Page. My money goes on Tony Iommi for King Of Metal trink39.gif

Now that I think about it, I'd say that the average person, (i.e. most people) probably wouldn't think metal OR blues in regards to Page. They'd probably simply think: ROCK. Where would people put Hendrix for that matter? It seems like he could fit in any of those 3 groupings fairly comfortably. And that's the problem with categorizing music in general...anyone good rarely fits neatly into any one box

trink39.gif

Very true . trink39.gif

All on the list have made contributions, how to choose? And so many more people could be added on, too... Not a question I could answer.

It's not one person, it is a village.

Archived