Tour in Spring

trigger

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geddy was asked if they would consider playing festivals in Europe to encompass a wider audience and quote:

"Yea we have actually discussed that so that is something we'd be open to doing in the future"

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Nov 8 2010, 06:08 PM)
Good for the European fans, but toally sucks for those of us in the Americas that saw them in 2010. Doesn't sound like they're repeating any cities. Just new areas....2011 could be a lost year for the North American fans

Given the love we've historically been shown, I'm not complaining. Let Europe and other areas have their tour, they deserve it. Whole continents have been left out on previous tours... when was the last tour that they didn't play the US? Oh yeah, they've never skipped the US.

If they play other parts of the world next year, release the album and then play Stateside in 2012, that's nothing to complain about, IMO.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 8 2010, 08:35 PM)
Good for the European fans, but toally sucks for those of us in the Americas that saw them in 2010. Doesn't sound like they're repeating any cities. Just new areas....2011 could be a lost year for the North American fans

Given the love we've historically been shown, I'm not complaining. Let Europe and other areas have their tour, they deserve it. Whole continents have been left out on previous tours... when was the last tour that they didn't play the US? Oh yeah, they've never skipped the US.

Of course not. That's where the big money has always been from. You must be peaking on E if you think love is involved.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Nov 8 2010, 09:08 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 8 2010, 08:35 PM)

Of course not. That's where the big money has always been from. You must be peaking on E if you think love is involved.

Money grubbing cold hearted bastards! There's simply, and obviously, no love for us pure hearted, honest, sincere fans. Man, Rush sucks. Especially Neil for screwing over poor Geddy and Alex by making them do his bidding and screwing us over by not signing album covers and posing for pictures. Bartards. Evil incarnate.

QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 8 2010, 11:53 PM)
I'm supposed to be in Ireland in the Spring!! Oh Geddy, you may have just made my night. biggrin.gif

you'll have to hop over to the UK, I don't think they've ever played in Ireland.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 9 2010, 12:26 AM)
I'm supposed to be in Ireland in the Spring!!  Oh Geddy, you may have just made my night.  biggrin.gif

you'll have to hop over to the UK, I don't think they've ever played in Ireland.

I probably should have added it's easier to hop on over from Ireland than hop on over from the US. wink.gif

QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 9 2010, 11:53 AM)
I'm supposed to be in Ireland in the Spring!!  Oh Geddy, you may have just made my night.  biggrin.gif

If Geddy is talking about places they've never played before then I think you may be in luck. Apparently the reason they didn't play Ireland on the S&A tour was because they would've had to do one show in Dublin and one in Belfast as there was no arena big enough to make one show feasible. Now there is a brand new 15,000 seater in Dublin - PERFECT! Considering they've played over a dozen shows in Glasgow over the years, surely a first ever Dublin show is a strong possibility. Someone apparently 'in the know' on boards.ie has suggested as much anyway. 1022.gif

Where else might they play for the first time? Istanbul? Warsaw? Moscow? Athens?

2.gif

Well, I am all for the European tour in the spring. My husband's band is supposed to be in the UK and Europe in the spring of next year, so I could maybe work out a show or two! 1022.gif

And, if I can't make it to a show there, then Europe is taken care of for a bit (no offense to my UK Rush fans here!) and once "Clockwork Angels" is done, then US tour it is! Win-win for me, I say. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I love my boys (no one could doubt my devotion to them), and am incredibly sad that they won't be touring State-side again anytime soon - and even sadder that they won't be releasing Clockwork Angels until at least 2012 if these rumours reach fruition - but this gives me time to save some much needed $$$ for the next tour, which, I don't know about all of you guys, is in pretty scant supply right now...

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Nov 9 2010, 07:02 AM)
I love my boys (no one could doubt my devotion to them), and am incredibly sad that they won't be touring State-side again anytime soon - and even sadder that they won't be releasing Clockwork Angels until at least 2012 if these rumours reach fruition -

Not necessarily - remember, a jaunt in Europe for them is like 3 weeks or so .. not too much time away from the studio really. I think the album might be out around Autumn next year new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 9 2010, 05:26 AM)

We live and hope and pray for a maiden Irish appearance. Our largest indoor venue, the O2, is a Live Nation venue, so just maybe. Kiss played here last year, and get a great crowd, so you'd never now.

Exciting times for us Yurpeans though!

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 9 2010, 02:35 AM)

goodpost.gif

There's a good thing about waiting so long for an artist: be sure European fans will be very excited during the shows!

Gonna be hard to be as crazy as the South American guys but we'll try our best!!! 1022.gif common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 9 2010, 03:34 AM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Nov 9 2010, 07:02 AM)
I love my boys (no one could doubt my devotion to them), and am incredibly sad that they won't be touring State-side again anytime soon - and even sadder that they won't be releasing Clockwork Angels until at least 2012 if these rumours reach fruition -

Not necessarily - remember, a jaunt in Europe for them is like 3 weeks or so .. not too much time away from the studio really. I think the album might be out around Autumn next year new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Yeah, but they still have to finish writing, producing, recording and mastering the rest of the album - plus do all the marketing work for it. I'm still figuring that they won't be touring for Clockwork Angels until 2012.

Archived