Cast your vote for Clockwork Angels

That One Guy

How excited are you for the hopefully upcoming studio album?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. How excited are you for the hopefully upcoming studio album?

• Pumped. Absolutely love the first two singles.
    • Moderate. Definitely get out and buy the new material.
    • Meh. I'll listen to it, but it's not a newsflash.
    • So-so. Maybe rather have a second time machine tour leg.
    • Insanely Excited! First epic in 32 years!!! Hopefully!

Where are your priorities at when it comes to the band's upcoming 19th studio album? For me, I know I want to experience a new Rush epic live. Clockwork Angels Tour FTW.

2.gif

Tough decision between the first and last...they aren't mutually exclusive...but I went with Insanely Excited because it was a more accurate description than pumped.

QUOTE (tontonfranck @ Nov 6 2010, 03:24 PM)
I'm very confident for the next album.
I know they won't get the level of the early 80's but I'm sure they still make very good stuff!! 2.gif

And that wasn't as good as the 70's.

I can wait. I'm still catching up on all the good music that came out of the 60's.

Pumped!

Love the first 2 songs they gave us. They were even better live!

This album will be better than Snakes and Arrows....I feel it in my bones. And Snakes was their best in 20 years.

Im moderately excited about new material. All this talk of epics (mainly from Alex), makes me skeptical. (See Jacob's Ladder - Time Machine Tour for details... oh wait, you can't, it didn't happen). I won't be excited for specific songs on the album, until there is proof that they exist.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Nov 6 2010, 09:29 PM)
I'm sow excited about this next slbum, I don't even want the guys going on a second leg for The Time Machine Tour.. Just record and release the album already. Then Tour to your hearts content!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

You're sow excited eh?

http://www.dailyyonder.com/files/u2/sow510.jpg

I'm pumped! I love the first two songs and while I'd like to see the epic, I don't really care one way or the other. New Rush!!! How awesome is that??

2.gif 1022.gif biggrin.gif

I always get excited for the new Rush album and have been eagerly anticipating them since the mid-1980s. having said that, I could not vote because while I am both pumped and insanely excited, I have mixed feeligs about an epic. Epics were where Rush were between 75 and 78 and the music they have been progressing toward doesn't lend itself to the "Epic" concept. Maybe they will prove me wrong but I have a hard time believing that they have a 20+minute song coming out on the new album. I ust hope they don't do what Yes did in the mid 90s.

The mad bit in Caravan got me hopeful, every time they release something they tell us how good they think it is, lots of people seem to disagree, either they are too poppy or too heavy, or whatever. I think Rush have been missing this type of playing for a long while and coupled with a longer song this time I think we may be in for a treat, if you like that incarnation of Rush anyway.

I won't say "insanely excited," but definitely pumped. The two songs are great, and the idea of a concept album/story sounds exciting - hopefully steampunk-influenced, as Neil alluded to with the "time machine" thing.

I always look forward to a new release and subsequent tour. I'm hoping that we have something fresh new.

Archived