Have a great night UK

flybyknight

Rush - Gunpowder Plot (Part V of "Fear")

I. A Kingdom Divided

II. To Kill a King

III. Gunpowder

IV. Discovery

V. Treason

VI. Execution - Grand Finale

This could be the best thing since Fountain of Lamneth!

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 6 2010, 01:31 AM)

I. A Kingdom Divided
II. To Kill a King
III. Gunpowder
IV. Discovery
V. Treason

not going to lie, that would be one insanely awesome piece!

If anyone could pull it off its Rush

we can but dream.......

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 5 2010, 08:31 PM)

I. A Kingdom Divided
II. To Kill a King
III. Gunpowder
IV. Discovery
V. Treason

This is actually a damn good idea.

RUSH could easily do this.

And it sounds like something right up Neil's alley, lyrically.

QUOTE (GuitarPlyr01 @ Nov 5 2010, 08:45 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 5 2010, 08:31 PM)

I. A Kingdom Divided
II. To Kill a King
III. Gunpowder
IV. Discovery
V. Treason

This is actually a damn good idea.

RUSH could easily do this.

And it sounds like something right up Neil's alley, lyrically.

Seconded: 'Mist in the streets of Westminster' etc, is 24-Carat Peart...

QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ Nov 5 2010, 11:17 PM)
come on foxxi, lighten up, its only one night of the year, can you get dog ear plugs?

and a multi-part suite about guy fawkes attempting to blow up parliment would make an epic song!

It's difficult to lighten up when you're watching your dog try to get underneath a log fire which is on because she's so scared - and that's after being given Diazepam. I have no problem with organised events, just with the tools letting these things off in their back gardens. Don't get me wrong, I used to really love fireworks displays but seeing an animal in this much distress - it just ain't worth it IMHO

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 6 2010, 04:45 AM)
QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ Nov 5 2010, 11:17 PM)
come on foxxi, lighten up, its only one night of the year, can you get dog ear plugs?

and a multi-part suite about guy fawkes attempting to blow up parliment would make an epic song!

It's difficult to lighten up when you're watching your dog try to get underneath a log fire which is on because she's so scared - and that's after being given Diazepam. I have no problem with organised events, just with the tools letting these things off in their back gardens. Don't get me wrong, I used to really love fireworks displays but seeing an animal in this much distress - it just ain't worth it IMHO

All this talk about dogs and bonfire night reminds me of when I was a nipper. I stuck a banger up the dog's arse and lit it. I then went to tell my father about my achievement:

JS: I've just stuck a firework up the dogs's arse.

Dad: Rectum my daughter, rectum.

JS: Rectum? It blew it's fecking bollocks off!

Seriously you give a dog diazepam? That's warped.

My cats freak out every 4th of July, there's a huge fireworks show just across from my house. They're fine though, they have not suffered any serious psychological trauma because of a few loud noises.

And thanks, I thought the Guy Fawkes suite would be a pretty cool Rush project. Although if they were going to do something like that it should have been in 2005 for the 400th anniversary.

Anyways, we had a good night, the kids loved it. We had a bonfire in the back garden and we collected wood from the neighbours which we invited. At one point there were about 20 or 30 people in our garden enjoying the fireworks.

Our kids had been learning about Guy Fawkes and the gunpowder plot in school this week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpowder_Plot

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 7 2010, 02:25 AM)
QUOTE (Jean Simmons @ Nov 6 2010, 03:08 PM)

You stick a banger up a dog's arse and you're calling ME warped for giving my dog vet prescribed meds?? Not me thats warped

If you read the post again, I think you'll see it was in jest (the comment, not jamming a banger up a dog's arse).

QUOTE (Passage2 @ Nov 6 2010, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 7 2010, 02:25 AM)
QUOTE (Jean Simmons @ Nov 6 2010, 03:08 PM)

You stick a banger up a dog's arse and you're calling ME warped for giving my dog vet prescribed meds?? Not me thats warped

If you read the post again, I think you'll see it was in jest (the comment, not jamming a banger up a dog's arse).

Usually when something is said in jest there is an appropriate smilie attached.

I'm giving you my POV and I respect the fact that others don't feel the same way and I respect their opinion. End of smile.gif

Anyways back to the original point - all the kids I talked to about Guy Fawkes didn't have a clue who he was - its just a night to blow things up for fun.

In these days of X Factor/Americal Idol/Britain or America's Got Talent, maybe its not so odd to be celebrating mediocrity/total failure though laugh.gif

Well as an "aged person" I knew my joke was one of the oldest about. It's a shame how things have come to such a great cultural divide between the old and the young. When I was a young lass kids were out collecting for a "penny for the guy" so they could buy illicit bangers and jumping jacks.

As for kids not knowing about Guido Fawkes, then that is a sad indictment on the current British educational system. Robert Catesby will be turning in his grave.

So long as the kids know that Cheryl COle is talented then things are just swell.

QUOTE (Jean Simmons @ Nov 6 2010, 11:47 PM)
Well as an "aged person" I knew my joke was one of the oldest about. It's a shame how things have come to such a great cultural divide between the old and the young. When I was a young lass kids were out collecting for a "penny for the guy" so they could buy illicit bangers and jumping jacks.
As for kids not knowing about Guido Fawkes, then that is a sad indictment on the current British educational system. Robert Catesby will be turning in his grave.

So long as the kids know that Cheryl COle is talented then things are just swell.

Well its certainly true of the kids I teach that they don't know who Guy Fawkes was. Hmmm I'm thinking Cheryl Cole and bonfire at the same time...

Simon Cowell has a lot to answer for, looks like he has got the whole thing sewn up. What chance has music got when all they want are vocal & dancing puppets?

I'll tell you something for nothing, my kids know the difference between musicians and puppets!

For what its worth - it has been getting quieter every year in the UK in relation to Bonfire Night and certainly the amount let off by "Tools" in my area. One of my dogs is scared of them and I managed to walk him every night apart fom Saturday without hearing a single one - even in the distance.

Different people have different experiences growing up, there is no uniform childhood - its the old nature / nurture debate, so some like Bonfire Night and Fireworks - others can take or leave it.

The thing that annoys me is the Americanisation of our current young people who seem to put more emphasis on Halloween than Bonfire Night. It is ironic that the Puritans who 'fled' to the New World ended up celebrating the most anit-religious of all Pagan Festivals with great gusto - and ignored the hero of a failed attempt to establish a Rebuplican revolution ..

We don't have the climate for fun .. ..

ph34r.gif

Archived