The Walking Dead

vital signz

Started watching again because of this season being it for Rick. Still find it extremely boring and plodding. I do dig evil Maggie and Daryl giving even less of a f**k than he used to. Other than that it's not doing much for me.

Just started watching this show. So far it's kind of boring. Should I continue watching it?

The show requires patience. They are the masters of the slow burn. But the payoffs are usually pretty good during the first three or four seasons. The fifth season is when the show gets more hit and miss. Give it to season three if you can. If you don't like it too much after that then give up.

How does the show move on without Rick? I’m not saying it can’t be done, I’m directly asking how it can be done. Anyone?

It will be like when That 70s Show continued on after Topher Grace left. It will fail immediately. The person it all revolved around will be gone. There's too big of a void to be filled. The show is Rick's story and should end with his death.

I stopped watching That 70s Show long before Topher left. In fact, I didn’t even know he left until recently. There were some classic episodes in there when I did watch though.

You know TWD will continue even if it sucks though. Darryl as the lead. Or Michonne. Or both. I don’t think either actor would be good as the lead though.

We can't count Negan out as taking over the lead, you never know?

What a great ending for last night's episode. I have always thought this show was at its best when they get as evil and twisted as can be. That ending was no exception. Yeah, most of the people who died were nobodies anyways but it was still a very impactful visual. The whisperers have saved this show for me. It looks like they may have to finally unleash Negan again if they want to kill Alpha. He's the only one I think that has just as f***ed up of a mind as she does. The others have been through a lot but without Rick, they're no match for the whisperers without Negan's help.

We get it tonight in the UK so I'm an episode behind... but I have struggled to concentrate on this season, well, the last two realistically. Hope my sticking with it pays off, but I'm definitely getting close to turning off.

We get it tonight in the UK so I'm an episode behind... but I have struggled to concentrate on this season, well, the last two realistically. Hope my sticking with it pays off, but I'm definitely getting close to turning off.

I bailed for a bit myself during season seven. I felt they really botched the Negan character big time. The trailers I saw for the current season got me intrigued again with the tease of the whisperers. It's just the thing to peak my interest again. It's that big shake up the show has desperately needed for a few seasons now.

• Like 1

I bailed for a bit myself during season seven. I felt they really botched the Negan character big time. The trailers I saw for the current season got me intrigued again with the tease of the whisperers. It's just the thing to peak my interest again. It's that big shake up the show has desperately needed for a few seasons now.

I agree. I haven't read the comics so don't know if it is being faithful or not, but seeing Negan stuck in a cell with all his mojo gone this season, is almost criminally wasteful.

What a great ending for last night's episode. I have always thought this show was at its best when they get as evil and twisted as can be. That ending was no exception. Yeah, most of the people who died were nobodies anyways but it was still a very impactful visual. The whisperers have saved this show for me. It looks like they may have to finally unleash Negan again if they want to kill Alpha. He's the only one I think that has just as f***ed up of a mind as she does. The others have been through a lot but without Rick, they're no match for the whisperers without Negan's help.

Carol is absolutely up to the task, but I suppose they need to justify the ongoing mistake of sparing Negan. I thought the whole Negan arc was handled abysmally. Full credit to Angela Kang for making this show good again, and once they use Negan I trust she can use JDM the way he should be. With depth and purpose. The cartoon villainy was inane. Alpha is on paper a silly idea, but Kang (and the excellent actress) have made it work very well.

I'm still watching it but that is because Iv watched it from day one. There have been many times I have wanted to pack the whole thing in, then you get endings like and storylines like the last episode that drag you back in, there's been so many episode when nothing seems to happen or progress.

I'm still watching it but that is because Iv watched it from day one. There have been many times I have wanted to pack the whole thing in, then you get endings like and storylines like the last episode that drag you back in, there's been so many episode when nothing seems to happen or progress.

I haven’t liked a full season since before they reached Alexandria.

I haven’t seen more than 3-4 complete episodes since Glenn & Abraham were battered. These days I basically just watch snippets here and there like the heads on sticks bit and Darryl vs Beta.

They need to end this show in a whole season of non-stop fights with no plot required, Just DEATH and CARNAGE. Then, and only then would they have true "Walking Dead" show. What they have now is piffle.
  • Like 2