The Walking Dead

vital signz

They really went there with that silly tiger? I've missed the last few episodes. I just don't feel the characters anymore. And I don't find Negan all that menacing. I've just lost interest
  • Like 2

I saw the last several minutes of the season finale. My god it's awful. Nobody sees a big ass tiger charging again and again?

Even the quality of the shoot looks cheap. Seriously, Walker Sasha coming at Negan looked like a gag reel.

Embarassing.

Yeah, its sad how it went from a really good serie, with nice effects and good conversations to this shit....

What happened really?

No idea. It's like a completely different show.

I've only seen pieces of season 7 but the pieces I've seen don't make me want to see all of it.

Yeah if you stopped watching I would recommend that you not bother with season 7.

Actually the show has been in a slide since the Governor arc ended.

I still liked the season after (4?) where they're all split up but finally catch up to one another at Terminus. I think starting from Terminus it got occasionally patchy. Alexandria continued and increased the patchiness

I saw the last several minutes of the season finale. My god it's awful. Nobody sees a big ass tiger charging again and again?

Even the quality of the shoot looks cheap. Seriously, Walker Sasha coming at Negan looked like a gag reel.

Embarassing.

Yeah, its sad how it went from a really good serie, with nice effects and good conversations to this shit....

What happened really?

I've only seen pieces of season 7 but the pieces I've seen don't make me want to see all of it.

Yeah if you stopped watching I would recommend that you not bother with season 7.

I still liked the season after (4?) where they're all split up but finally catch up to one another at Terminus. I think starting from Terminus it got occasionally patchy. Alexandria continued and increased the patchiness

I liked the 4 or 5 episodes around terminus. That was good. But the split up after the prison is when they started splitting the story each week focusing on only one group at a time. That's when the plot really started to crawl. And the whole hospital shit? That was stupid. The show has been dull since they got to Alexandria.

I took it off the DVR. I am done, I don't care what happens next.

Embarassing.

What happened really?

I liked the 4 or 5 episodes around terminus. That was good. But the split up after the prison is when they started splitting the story each week focusing on only one group at a time. That's when the plot really started to crawl. And the whole hospital shit? That was stupid. The show has been dull since they got to Alexandria.

I took it off the DVR. I am done, I don't care what happens next.

Yeah the hospital bit was pretty crap. I forgot it was part of a season that i liked.

I also didn't like when those Terminus cannibals tried to get revenge by sneaking up on our heroes at the church. Just too easy of a kill for Rick & the gang...especially when there was so much build up leading up to Terminus itself.

So yeah, probably the last full season I liked was with the Governor.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

I still watch it but I'm not as invested with cartoonish kings, tigers, garbage pail kids who talk stupid, Eugene still existing, etc.

I like Eugene. Everything he says is so funny even though he's dead serious all the time.

I still watch it but I'm not as invested with cartoonish kings, tigers, garbage pail kids who talk stupid, Eugene still existing, etc.

I like Eugene. Everything he says is so funny even though he's dead serious all the time.

Up until he reveals that he actually doesn't know how to solve the zombie problem, I thought he was good for the show.

He could've died somewhere in season 6 and I would've been fine with it.

• Like 2

He's serving more of a purpose now as a savior (or double agent?), which I get, but I keep waiting for him to break out some "hunka hunka burning love" each time he speaks.

Fear the Walking Dead has improved this season. Thoughts?

I gave up after the first 4 episodes in season 1. None of those characters interested me. And I found that actor who plays the drug addict son to be annoying...

....and while he was annoying he was probably the least annoying character on the show.

this season of Fear was better than last season of the walking dead :zzz:

I gave up after the first 4 episodes in season 1. None of those characters interested me. And I found that actor who plays the drug addict son to be annoying...

....and while he was annoying he was probably the least annoying character on the show.

With the few episodes that I saw I was annoyed by that drug boy and his sister. All the other characters just bored me.

Have they crossed over any characters from this show with any from Walking Dead? Surely they must be thinking that (trying to force that).

With the few episodes that I saw I was annoyed by that drug boy and his sister. All the other characters just bored me.

Have they crossed over any characters from this show with any from Walking Dead? Surely they must be thinking that (trying to force that).

Fear TWD is going to have to take a BIG time jump forward to catch up to the original. Fear is still only 2 months or so into the apocalypse while TWD is around 2 years in and if it follows the comics it's going to have a time jump forward of it's own at some point.

Fear has been pretty good so far this season (mid season break?). I don't enjoy TWD as much as I used to, so Fear has gained more of my interest. Nick and Strand are my favorite characters. The one major death this season came out of nowhere. No bullshit Glenn under the dumpster trickery...refreshing.

Fear TWD is going to have to take a BIG time jump forward to catch up to the original. Fear is still only 2 months or so into the apocalypse while TWD is around 2 years in and if it follows the comics it's going to have a time jump forward of it's own at some point.

This I know. But this is a comic book turn tv series. It means time can be bent any which way you like.

Check it:

1) Any characters NOT seen in the first two or so seasons of TWD could appear in Fear. It also means they'd have to survive Fear in order to meet up with TWD series (whenever they joined that series).

OR

2) Any TWD characters that left the show early on without clearly dying or being zombified could join up with Fear. Example: supporting character Morales and his family from season 1 of TWD drove off in a station wagon to find other family in Alabama or wherever. No word whatsoever on what eventually happened to them (I think). Who says they didn't just drive all the way cross country then meet up (by chance) with the current Fear cast.

Of course, they'd likely want one of the significant characters from TWD to interact with the Fear cast but who and how are the tricky parts. It's not impossible. And Fear does NOT have to jump forward in time. In fact, it's easier for a TWD character to go BACK in time. In this way, it doesn't mess with any TWD storylines that already exist...because that character's history is already there...and partly in Fear.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

For those who stopped FTWD in the first season, this season so far was a huge improvement. I hated all the characters in this show during the first season and was very disappointed that it wasn't better. It could have more upside than WD right now. Hopefully they turn things around on the original series.

I don't think they would do a crossover with the shows. Isn't the original still somewhere in the southern states while Fear takes place on the west coast?

Due to their complete inability to get out of the general region they started in, I think anyone traveling across country is a bit of a stretch. Doesn't seem like fuel would be readily available enough for that to happen.

I don't think they would do a crossover with the shows. Isn't the original still somewhere in the southern states while Fear takes place on the west coast?

Due to their complete inability to get out of the general region they started in, I think anyone traveling across country is a bit of a stretch. Doesn't seem like fuel would be readily available enough for that to happen.

Yes, in and around Georgia for TWD, Cali for Fear.

A crossover would simply be another shark jumping event. TWD has had one or a few already.

I don't want a crossover but I can imagine one happening. (Actually, I don't care either way. I was just wondering if one had already happened.)

So yeah, I don't think jumping a shark is impossible. After all, if Fonzie did it then someone from Rick's gang can.

TWD is in the DC area now, not Georgia. Still a lot shorter than going to Cali.

A cross country trip is perfectly plausible, but not something I'm interested in.

TWD has been working tirelessly at putting ridiculous elements into it's television incarnation that I have hated (tiger, garbage people, one note villain). Season seven was just not good compared to the six before. It can right the ship of course, and I'll be watching because the acting is generally still excellent.

FTWD has actually been moving in a great direction and is vastly improved over the first two seasons.

If there's ever a crossover, I'd hope it was trivial. Like perhaps Morales, finding Alabama hopeless, keeps moving west and meets the FTWD cast. If he moved west, he'd run into somebody. Might as well be them.

It would be a stretch, but not as constraining as the main casts meeting. It would detract from the stories that both are telling. I hope there's never a major crossover.