The Walking Dead

vital signz

That was one hell of a speech.

Although I think TWD has gotten rather Sopranosish in their teasing of what is going on.

On that note. They should have played this during Negan's speech.

• Like 1

Negan's debut was awesome. They took out all the f words but other than that, it is pretty much exactly what he said in the comic as well minus a line or two. The ending was bullshit though and I think it kills the impact of the scene by not showing who he killed and having to wait six months for it.

I get what they were trying to do by having a major cliffhanger. But how much more dramatic would the ending have been to see the group freaking out over whose brains just got splattered and the ground? It could have had that oh shit, what the hell did I just see and what will happen next season vibe going on after it ended. Now, the only vibe is, we've gotta wait until next season to find out? f**k You!

My top two picks as to who got smashed are still Daryl and Glenn. Can anyone really fault Negan for doing this since Rick killed so many of his guys? Rick actually comes off as more of a bad guy in this than Negan does in some ways. Also, have we ever seen Rick scared shitless like he was in this episode? He knew he was f***ed after being caught.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

If TWD is good at anything it's trolling it's audience so never fear we won't find out whose skull is crushed by Negan until October.

Wow, you called that right!

What a horrible copout and horrible cliffhanger. The whole second half of the season was building to that moment and then they fade to black. I'm starting to feel like Gimple is a hack.

• Like 1

I really don't know why it's so surprising. If they axe someone really BELOVED then that's going to piss off fans who will swear off the show. If they show it and it's someone no one gives two shits about (Abraham's girlfirend) then it's a ripoff and no one worthwhile dies. Now they make you wait and watch it season 7 premiere numbers aren't through the roof. Everyone is playing pissed off right now, but you'll all be glued to the set in October just the same....probably in record numbers.

From a marketing standpoint it's a no-brainer, but unfortunately that makes it no less frustrating. ;)

• Like 5

In typical TWD fashion the fall 1st episode will focus on Morgan and Carol with the Hockey Players.

And also show Gabriel eating a sandwich, because everyone loves Gabriel.

What if they don't show who Negan killed until Episode 2?? LOL

Also my prediction is they will chicken out and kill Rosita or Sasha...not a Glenn, Daryl, Maggie or Abraham

Morgan was AWESOME as Negan...charismatic as hell.

However...f**k this show! 90 minutes for that?? How much goddamn padding can you put in an episode!? 25 minutes of these fools bopping around in the RV, 15 minutes of Carol/Morgan doing whatever the f**k that was...30 minutes of commercials and 10 minutes of incredibly tense drama...only to be undone by the worst of all possible decisions for these worthless hacks (f**k you Kirkman!) to make.

First: why in the holy hell is EVERYONE leaving the one safe place they have in Alexandria?? DUMB DUMB DUMB

Second: how the f**k do the Saviors know when the RV-of-Fools will show up where? How long would it take to cut all those trees and then prepare that dude to hang from that one bridge? DUMB. Plus how many roadblocks do these dumbasses have to run into before they realize the severity of their situation and fall back to Alexandria? Sorry Maggie but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few (Spock's Law).

Thirdly: The Carol / Morgan plot line was so padded out, all of that could have taken place in 5-10 minutes by just having Morgan find Carol fighting that moron with the rosary. That guy should have just got in the car and driven for medical help after he was shot so f**k him he's a dumbass.

Finally: If you MUST have a cliffhanger then have Negan walk out of the RV and then fade to black. We could have spent all summer wondering what was going to happen. Except EVERYONE knew what was going to happen because of the comics. Who dies is not the big moment. The reaction to that death is the big moment. Now we'll get all this shit spoiled as soon as the casting is finalized and filming begins. We'll know a good month before the show comes back. Gimple looked like a total dickhead last night on Talking Dead instructing us what was and what wasn't the story for season 6. f**k Gimple and f**k Kirkman. f**k this show.

This is not a great show, these characters make no organic growth, nothing logical happens and the same shit gets discussed over and over and over...we only get cool set pieces these hacks want to have and then shoehorn the show to fit. Bad writing all around. This is Dexter season 7 & 8 level of SUCK.

I want to say I'm done watching this funeral dirge to nowhere but Morgan was so good as Negan I'll probably watch just to see him but I want to quit. Cold turkey ain't easy.

• Like 5

If TWD is good at anything it's trolling it's audience so never fear we won't find out whose skull is crushed by Negan until October.

Wow, you called that right!

What a horrible copout and horrible cliffhanger. The whole second half of the season was building to that moment and then they fade to black. I'm starting to feel like Gimple is a hack.

He is.

In typical TWD fashion the fall 1st episode will focus on Morgan and Carol with the Hockey Players.

Also my prediction is they will chicken out and kill Rosita or Sasha...not a Glenn, Daryl, Maggie or Abraham

Those dudes are probably from The Kingdom ruled by Ezekiel if I had to guess. But then again I'll never watch it again. I promise.

I suspect you're right. They can now run polls to find out what people want and do that this summer. :P

• Like 1

However...f**k this show! 90 minutes for that?? How much goddamn padding can you put in an episode!? 25 minutes of these fools bopping around in the RV, 15 minutes of Carol/Morgan doing whatever the f**k that was...30 minutes of commercials and 10 minutes of incredibly tense drama...only to be undone by the worst of all possible decisions for these worthless hacks (f**k you Kirkman!) to make.

First: why in the holy hell is EVERYONE leaving the one safe place they have in Alexandria?? DUMB DUMB DUMB

Second: how the f**k do the Saviors know when the RV-of-Fools will show up where? How long would it take to cut all those trees and then prepare that dude to hang from that one bridge? DUMB. Plus how many roadblocks do these dumbasses have to run into before they realize the severity of their situation and fall back to Alexandria? Sorry Maggie but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few (Spock's Law).

Thirdly: The Carol / Morgan plot line was so padded out, all of that could have taken place in 5-10 minutes by just having Morgan find Carol fighting that moron with the rosary. That guy should have just got in the car and driven for medical help after he was shot so f**k him he's a dumbass.

Finally: If you MUST have a cliffhanger then have Negan walk out of the RV and then fade to black. We could have spent all summer wondering what was going to happen. Except EVERYONE knew what was going to happen because of the comics. Who dies is not the big moment. The reaction to that death is the big moment. Now we'll get all this shit spoiled as soon as the casting is finalized and filming begins. We'll know a good month before the show comes back. Gimple looked like a total dickhead last night on Talking Dead instructing us what was and what wasn't the story for season 6. f**k Gimple and f**k Kirkman. f**k this show.

This is not a great show, these characters make no organic growth, nothing logical happens and the same shit gets discussed over and over and over...we only get cool set pieces these hacks want to have and then shoehorn the show to fit. Bad writing all around. This is Dexter season 7 & 8 level of SUCK.

I want to say I'm done watching this funeral dirge to nowhere but Morgan was so good as Negan I'll probably watch just to see him but I want to quit. Cold turkey ain't easy.

this whole season reminded me of the stupid decisions teenagers make in horror movies. one dumb move after another.

and yet I'm committed until the very end.

this whole season reminded me of the stupid decisions teenagers make in horror movies. one dumb move after another.

and yet I'm committed until the very end.

Hey here's a unique idea.

Let's go into the woods.

At Night

With a person on a stretcher

No danger there.

I believe it was even said, 'It's only a few miles'. Really, and you choose to go thru woods, not knowing the terrain, or who/ what you will encounter.

This is the same Rick Grimes that said (when Glenn was with Nicholas) 'We can't waste the manpower looking for them'

I think the Saviors set those roadblocks up in anticipation of catching the group at some point. They just had to wait for the next time the ventured out of Alexandria. At least that's the impression I got. This seems like a well thought out plan by Negan to capture the group and get what he wanted from them. The Saviors have been watching Alexandria for a while. They know way more about them then we think. So, Negan laid the trap for them and they got caught.

Logically, they should have headed back to Alexandria after the second or third roadblock. But that wouldn't have made for good TV and we wouldn't have gotten the best scene on the show in a very long time.

• Like 2

:goodone:

Exactly how I feel. The only reason I watch it is because my wife does and I have some kind of morbid curiosity. It's like "Days of our Lives".

• Like 2

Going with Abraham biting it.

(1) He's said his peace with his fat, dick biting sidekick Eugene. They even hugged each other at one point.

(2) He's admitted a desire to settle down.

(3) Writers could reason out that Neegan saw Abe as a threat because he didn't look scared + he's a big dude to boot.

(4) Abraham's beloved enough yet not one of THE big guns a la Darryl or Michonne.

Bonus ramblings...

- Darryl & Michonne will be off the show when they don't get the money they want.

- Can't be Glenn getting smacked because they already prick teased his death before.

- Frankly, though I'd be good with all of them dying except for Rick, Darryl, Morgan, and Abraham. So yeah, I believe 1 of the only 4 characters I care about was murdered in that scene.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 3

Anyone watching Fear The Walking Dead?

Going with Abraham biting it.

(1) He's said his peace with his fat, dick biting sidekick Eugene. They even hugged each other at one point.

(2) He's admitted a desire to settle down.

(3) Writers could reason out that Neegan saw Abe as a threat because he didn't look scared + he's a big dude to boot.

(4) Abraham's beloved enough yet not one of THE big guns a la Darryl or Michonne.

Bonus ramblings...

- Darryl & Michonne will be off the show when they don't get the money they want.

- Can't be Glenn getting smacked because they already prick teased his death before.

- Frankly, though I'd be good with all of them dying except for Rick, Darryl, Morgan, and Abraham. So yeah, I believe 1 of the only 4 characters I care about was murdered in that scene.

I read somewhere recently that there are a number of "main characters" who are in contract negotiations. Perhaps that is the "real" reason for the cliff hanger at the end of the season. Which ever of the actors who gets too greedy during negotiations gets bumped off straight away.

• Like 2