The Walking Dead

vital signz

No plan to try to rescue those captured , NO plan to lead the walkers away from Alexandria... (since when has Rick ever not gone after/attempted to rescue hostages?). 5 main characters missing for hours, no plan to go after them. .

Have they ever had a plan other than to wander around and kill zombies?

The main plan is to survive and killing zombies is the biggest part of that.

As for why there was no plan to try and get the ones left behind or lead the zombies away from Alexandria? After what happened why not give Rick some time to settle himself down and come up with a plan? If you've been watching the show for this long now, you know not everything is solved in one episode and that they do slow burns to get to the big payoffs. Rick may indeed be coming up with a plan, I think he is, and it will be revealed in the next few episodes. Let things play out, not every single issue needs to get solved by the time an episode is over.

It's kind of hard to lead the walkers away from Alexandria when they can't even get outside the wall because of it. Even when Aaron and Maggie went through that secret path, walkers were there to greet them at the exit. They may have to wait for Daryl, Abe and Sasha to get back and lead them away since that would be easier.

It still may be a few episodes before we see walker Glenn. I'm guessing the mid season finale is when Maggie will find him and have to kill him.

IMO the show would be much more interesting (and realistic) if there was a long-term plan. Like establishing a stable community that had some sort of rock solid defense against both walkers and evil humans. And perhaps establishing some sort of a communication with other survivors or trying to come up with a cure. I still don't know what caused the outbreak. I think it would be nice to have that information.

They've had several long term plans but everything ends up going to hell. Every time they try to establish any sense of normalcy, something always screws up and they've got to start over again.

As for communication, it's hard to do that when power and phone lines are dead. Also, anyone with a cell phone or some other kind of portable device more than likely either lost it when everything started or have had the batteries die on them. Walkie talkies are good for communicating over short distances but it would be hard to get contact with any survivors who are far away.

The survivors are down to the bare bones now and have been for a while now. All the stuff you're talking about would be too hard at this point. The prison was the safest place they could be, it had everything they could possible want to live a peaceful and somewhat normal life. But that got destroyed with a tank by the Governor. No matter what kind of plan you have in place, there's really no way to defend that.

Ever heard of a ham radio? ;)

Everything goes to hell because the writers make it that way. Dysfunctional characters dealing with emotional problems along with a lack of organization and planning are the reasons everything goes to hell. If I was writing the screenplay for this, I would have them come up with a plan and carry it out.

There was an episode where a walker was on the other side of a river and someone says not to worry because walkers can't swim. Shortly after that the walker tries to cross the river and gets carried away. I sort of took that as foreshadowing as to them building some kind of a community with a moat or some kind of a water barrier to protect them. Then I thought that all they would have to do is to find a small island close to the mainland where they could build a community and try to find others using a radio. I think that this would be more interesting than to rehash the same depressing BS every season where they always end up losing people and progressively being worse off than before. It sort of reminds me of the survivors of Gilligan's Island trying to get rescued every episode but without the comedy.

While i'm not familiar with how ham radios work, wouldn't most of those have been taken during the first few months of this thing? At least the ones that people could access easily. I'm sure there are radios out there that they can use but the question is, where do they find them now that they're a few years into this and everything has been looted pretty good by now?

The way you want the show to go I think would make it pretty boring. Everything always going to hell no matter what is a much better way to go than it would be if they lived in some community all peaceful with no problems. They're just following the comic here. Whether it's a decision brought on by Rick, someone else or circumstances beyond their control, things never end up going well for them. It just makes things more interesting that way.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

No plan to try to rescue those captured , NO plan to lead the walkers away from Alexandria... (since when has Rick ever not gone after/attempted to rescue hostages?). 5 main characters missing for hours, no plan to go after them. .

Have they ever had a plan other than to wander around and kill zombies?

The main plan is to survive and killing zombies is the biggest part of that.

As for why there was no plan to try and get the ones left behind or lead the zombies away from Alexandria? After what happened why not give Rick some time to settle himself down and come up with a plan? If you've been watching the show for this long now, you know not everything is solved in one episode and that they do slow burns to get to the big payoffs. Rick may indeed be coming up with a plan, I think he is, and it will be revealed in the next few episodes. Let things play out, not every single issue needs to get solved by the time an episode is over.

It's kind of hard to lead the walkers away from Alexandria when they can't even get outside the wall because of it. Even when Aaron and Maggie went through that secret path, walkers were there to greet them at the exit. They may have to wait for Daryl, Abe and Sasha to get back and lead them away since that would be easier.

It still may be a few episodes before we see walker Glenn. I'm guessing the mid season finale is when Maggie will find him and have to kill him.

IMO the show would be much more interesting (and realistic) if there was a long-term plan. Like establishing a stable community that had some sort of rock solid defense against both walkers and evil humans. And perhaps establishing some sort of a communication with other survivors or trying to come up with a cure. I still don't know what caused the outbreak. I think it would be nice to have that information.

They've had several long term plans but everything ends up going to hell. Every time they try to establish any sense of normalcy, something always screws up and they've got to start over again.

As for communication, it's hard to do that when power and phone lines are dead. Also, anyone with a cell phone or some other kind of portable device more than likely either lost it when everything started or have had the batteries die on them. Walkie talkies are good for communicating over short distances but it would be hard to get contact with any survivors who are far away.

The survivors are down to the bare bones now and have been for a while now. All the stuff you're talking about would be too hard at this point. The prison was the safest place they could be, it had everything they could possible want to live a peaceful and somewhat normal life. But that got destroyed with a tank by the Governor. No matter what kind of plan you have in place, there's really no way to defend that.

Ever heard of a ham radio? ;)

Everything goes to hell because the writers make it that way. Dysfunctional characters dealing with emotional problems along with a lack of organization and planning are the reasons everything goes to hell. If I was writing the screenplay for this, I would have them come up with a plan and carry it out.

There was an episode where a walker was on the other side of a river and someone says not to worry because walkers can't swim. Shortly after that the walker tries to cross the river and gets carried away. I sort of took that as foreshadowing as to them building some kind of a community with a moat or some kind of a water barrier to protect them. Then I thought that all they would have to do is to find a small island close to the mainland where they could build a community and try to find others using a radio. I think that this would be more interesting than to rehash the same depressing BS every season where they always end up losing people and progressively being worse off than before. It sort of reminds me of the survivors of Gilligan's Island trying to get rescued every episode but without the comedy.

While i'm not familiar with how ham radios work, wouldn't most of those have been taken during the first few months of this thing? At least the ones that people could access easily. I'm sure there are radios out there that they can use but the question is, where do they find them now that they're a few years into this and everything has been looted pretty good by now?

The way you want the show to go I think would make it pretty boring. Everything always going to hell no matter what is a much better way to go than it would be if they lived in some community all peaceful with no problems. They're just following the comic here. Whether it's a decision brought on by Rick, someone else or circumstances beyond their control, things never end up going well for them. It just makes things more interesting that way.

Not at all. It's boring now. Breaking Bad was interesting because Walt becomes something he's striving for which is a kingpin in the meth trade. He doesn't start out that way, but he still had a goal to provide for his family. The show changes as he achieves his goals and he changes as well and develops new goals. That is what makes the show interesting. Rehashing the same crap every season isn't interesting. Running on a treadmill and getting nowhere isn't interesting.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting that there are no problems. They could still have plenty of problems with a functioning community attempting to restart civilization in a zombie apocalypse.

What really bothers me though is that I feel that I would survive better than any one of them. I hate the feeling that I'm watching a bunch of idiots doing stupid things while waiting for the next one to get killed by a walker or by some crazy cannibalistic or homicidal human. I want the show to be clever and to make me think, "Wow, I wouldn't have thought to do that".

As far as ham radios are concerned, there are millions of ham radios in the world and most of them are owned by people who sort of have an interest in doomsday preparation. If the Walking Dead apocalypse happened, these people would be hiding out in their cabins away from humans using solar power to talk to one another.

Edited by workingcinderellaman
  • Like 1

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_limit,h_224,w_400/t_mp_quality_gif/ytpxbpuz9oghigyxbqr2/walking-dead-what-s-really-going-on-with-glenn-693970.jpghttp://nunziarider.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2012/09/fonz.jpg

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_limit,h_224,w_400/t_mp_quality_gif/ytpxbpuz9oghigyxbqr2/walking-dead-what-s-really-going-on-with-glenn-693970.jpghttp://nunziarider.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2012/09/fonz.jpg

Personally, I think it can be argued that The Walking Dead jumped the shark numerous times. And I don't care. I enjoy the damn show!

Anyway, why is this a jump the shark moment? The fact he survived? Or how the writers told the story?

Personally, I think it can be argued that The Walking Dead jumped the shark numerous times. And I don't care. I enjoy the damn show!

Anyway, why is this a jump the shark moment? The fact he survived? Or how the writers told the story?

I was mostly playing off the statement someone made earlier about IF Glenn is still alive...the shark has been jumped. But hey, I enjoy the show...it's just kind of funny how they go with the "nobody's safe" card and I see Glenn under a dumpster after having 100 walkers over him. I just :eyeroll: a bit. :D

The whole thing of how Glenn survived was actually very well done. The camera angles they used never gave us a clear view of how he fell and who's guts the zombies were ripping out. When everything was revealed last night, it made perfect sense how he could have gotten out alive. For a TV show about a zombie apocalypse that's based on a comic book, the way he survived certainly isn't that far fetched.

I thought he was dead and there would be a big emotional moment in the mid season finale where Maggie would have to kill walker Glenn. I'm glad he's alive though. He's really grown and matured a lot throughout the show and while he's had to do some bad things like everyone else, he's still able to remain pretty much the most likeable person in the whole thing. Rick may be the leader and anti-hero but Glenn is the underdog hero that everyone can relate to and root for.

I was mostly playing off the statement someone made earlier about IF Glenn is still alive...the shark has been jumped. But hey, I enjoy the show...it's just kind of funny how they go with the "nobody's safe" card and I see Glenn under a dumpster after having 100 walkers over him. I just :eyeroll: a bit. :D

The Glenn thing was a stretch but this is one show where I can suspend my disbelief. I just enjoy it for what it is: a comic book about a zombie apocalypse.

Actually it was more of a 'nuke the fridge' scene than a jump the shark scene. (look it up if you haven't heard of it)

• Like 1

The whole thing of how Glenn survived was actually very well done. The camera angles they used never gave us a clear view of how he fell and who's guts the zombies were ripping out. When everything was revealed last night, it made perfect sense how he could have gotten out alive. For a TV show about a zombie apocalypse that's based on a comic book, the way he survived certainly isn't that far fetched.

I thought he was dead and there would be a big emotional moment in the mid season finale where Maggie would have to kill walker Glenn. I'm glad he's alive though. He's really grown and matured a lot throughout the show and while he's had to do some bad things like everyone else, he's still able to remain pretty much the most likeable person in the whole thing. Rick may be the leader and anti-hero but Glenn is the underdog hero that everyone can relate to and root for.

But it wasn't well done. People called it that he was going to live by crawling under the dumpster immediately after that episode aired. And the fact that the producers gave us 3 or 4 mediocre episodes in between hardly helped. And don't forget the dumb shit they pulled by removing Yuen's name from the credits. The whole thing was poorly executed. Edited by Rushian King

Yeah but now I'm more annoyed by the stupid mid-season break.

I'm used to it now. A lot of shows have been doing that over the last few years.

It worked so great with building up the viewership with Walking Dead and the final season of Breaking Bad, so mid season finales have kind of become a thing today.

But it wasn't well done. People called it that he was going to live by crawling under the dumpster immediately after that episode aired. And the fact that the producers gave us 3 or 4 mediocre episodes in between hardly helped. And don't forget the dumb shit they pulled by removing Yuen's name from the credits. The whole thing was poorly executed.

Plus if they let it play out like the comics, Glenn will not last long.

But they have never kept to the comic book pattern. The Morgan/ Carol drama was BS...I could care less at this Moral vs. Survival debate going on.

If you wanted to cross that bridge in Season 1 or 2, fine..I get it...Season 5...which is at least 3 years POST apocalypse....FAIL

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Smilies/EMERIL-BAMcrop.jpg

Anyone else try to pick up a broad in a tax office with a Zombie in Room 3 ???

It was an Auto selling place. 'Sunshine' something or other.... You need to watch "The TALKING Dead" after the original show. ;)

Edited by OldRUSHfan

From the way it sounds, the season finally is gonna be some f***ed up stuff.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, two of the cast members of The Walking Dead spoke about the upcoming season six finale.

Andrew Lincoln said: “I felt sick to my stomach when I read the script. It was the first day in the whole six years of working on The Walking Dead that I was late for work because I woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn’t get back to sleep. I was so angry and frustrated and I felt sick. And that was just after reading it.

Lauren Cohan added: “[Hearing] the word ‘finale’ gives me a physical reaction because it’s the hardest day on set that I’ve ever had in my life. I never even imagined that as an actor you could have that experience. It’s one of the most raw experiences that I think any of us have ever had. Andy talks about being late to work; I didn’t want to go to work that day. It took a really, really long time for everybody to feel okay again after the finale, let’s put it that way.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

From the way it sounds, the season finally is gonna be some f***ed up stuff.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, two of the cast members of The Walking Dead spoke about the upcoming season six finale.

Andrew Lincoln said: “I felt sick to my stomach when I read the script. It was the first day in the whole six years of working on The Walking Dead that I was late for work because I woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn’t get back to sleep. I was so angry and frustrated and I felt sick. And that was just after reading it.

Lauren Cohan added: “[Hearing] the word ‘finale’ gives me a physical reaction because it’s the hardest day on set that I’ve ever had in my life. I never even imagined that as an actor you could have that experience. It’s one of the most raw experiences that I think any of us have ever had. Andy talks about being late to work; I didn’t want to go to work that day. It took a really, really long time for everybody to feel okay again after the finale, let’s put it that way.

That sounds quite interesting! If you're upsetting the cast members, WOW! Does anyone here listen to the after show "The Talking Dead"? Hosted by ultraNERD Chris Hardwick, it's all about fans of the show (other actors) talking about that week's show, with some audience participation both online and in the studio audience. I've been following it since last summer at the end of last season....I think it's a cool show!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Monsters/TV%20show-%20the%20walking%20dead%20season%204%20cr.jpg

TWD ran off the rails for me this past first half of the season. How many times do we have to hear the "We've changed! Things are different now! You don't know what it means to survive!" speech from Rick or others....blah, blah, blah.

Another case: The end of the season bullshit teaser that actually shows up in "Into the Badlands" where Daryl, Sasha & Redhead Muscle Guy are in a truck with at lease one rocket launcher actually stop and take orders from 6 guys on motorcycles...on a straight stretch of road...that they should have seen coming for a quarter mile...AND THEY STOP! What the f**k? Stupid, dumb and nonsensical.

Anyway, there are no rational or logical consequences to anyone's actions and the writers come up with these absurd set pieces and write the show to fit into those.

And after the whole Glenn thing all I have to say is: F.U.C.K you TWD. I'll only ever watch again if Negan bashes Glenn's head in like in the comic. Or Daryl. Other than that, f**k them.

VERY satisfying episode! YAY TWD!!!!!!! (sorry if you missed it, TRTR!) :laughing guy:
  • Like 1