The Walking Dead

vital signz

NEW SEASON STARTED:

Sasha using Hazards while driving. I laughed for 10 minutes, thanks for warning the other drivers.

When u see it, u will understand

How is this season shaping up so far? Good episode?

Me personally, I don't make it a habit of intentionally releasing 6000 things that can kill me, but hey man,. whatever floats your boat.

It doesn't quite make sense at first does it? But when you realize Rick was trying to stop a problem before it occurs, you understand why he did it. Still, I wouldn't have done that myself. It was a solid plan but the risk, as shown at the end, was way too high. I would have left the zombies in the quarry and only worried about them if the time came.

I would have figured out a way to burn them.

They are already corralled, apparently tons of 3 year old gasoline still in all of these vehicles, to line them all up on the road.

LIGHT EM UP

Yeah, or since Eugene is so smart maybe he could have come up with some kind of explosive device to blow them all to bits. I think someone is responsible for the zombies being in that quarry. It was a safe place to keep them. Sure, a few may get out here and there but that's better than the whole herd on the loose. Because of his increased paranoia and decent into madness, Rick screwed things up and made a very bad choice.

I gave up on this around season 3. Starting to regret it!

You should try and catch up on it. The key to watching the show is to have patience. They always do the slow burn before something big happens.

I have a love hate relationship with the show. I'll be falling asleep next week during it i assume

But yeah, Season 3, was bad.

I never push people onto shows they bailed on, there was a reason...but there are not a ton a shows better...

To Me Ray Donovan is the best on right now.....everything else is 3rd....but I am late to the Netflix party, so those shows are all on backburner.

Yeah? Overall, I thought seasons 4 & 5 were better than 3. Still think season 1 is the best though.

When I watched them I didn't see them in sequence. I saw all of season 3 first over the course of two looooooooong haul flights. Months later I saw (in order) 1, 2, 4, and 5 over the course of about three months. I haven't seen this season though. Will do later.

NEW SEASON STARTED:

Sasha using Hazards while driving. I laughed for 10 minutes, thanks for warning the other drivers.

Me personally, I don't make it a habit of intentionally releasing 6000 things that can kill me, but hey man,. whatever floats your boat.

It doesn't quite make sense at first does it? But when you realize Rick was trying to stop a problem before it occurs, you understand why he did it. Still, I wouldn't have done that myself. It was a solid plan but the risk, as shown at the end, was way too high. I would have left the zombies in the quarry and only worried about them if the time came.

They are already corralled, apparently tons of 3 year old gasoline still in all of these vehicles, to line them all up on the road.

LIGHT EM UP

Yeah, or since Eugene is so smart maybe he could have come up with some kind of explosive device to blow them all to bits. I think someone is responsible for the zombies being in that quarry. It was a safe place to keep them. Sure, a few may get out here and there but that's better than the whole herd on the loose. Because of his increased paranoia and decent into madness, Rick screwed things up and made a very bad choice.

You should try and catch up on it. The key to watching the show is to have patience. They always do the slow burn before something big happens.

My main gripe is that I enjoy the comics a lot more. So much more to be honest. I find the characters on the show very...wooden...in comparison.

NEW SEASON STARTED:

LIGHT EM UP

My main gripe is that I enjoy the comics a lot more. So much more to be honest. I find the characters on the show very...wooden...in comparison.

Yeah, the comic is more enjoyable. I haven't read anything new from it in a long time though. I stopped somewhere after issue 100.

I like that they tell the story differently on the show. If you read the comic, you have an idea of where things might go and know something about certain characters when they're introduced. But a comic can move much quicker. They can finish up a story in an issue or two and move on. With TV you've gotta make sure you can fill 13-16 episodes a season, so things get drawn out more.

There are some things they did better on the show like having Shane last a lot longer. They wasted him too early in the comic. Sophia's fate in season two was done really well. There are things that even on cable they can't do like in the comic though. Like what Michonne did to The Governor to get back at him for what he did to her when he held her prisoner. Or what some of the inmates did when they first got to the prison. If Negan is introduced in the show, i'm not even sure they'll be able to show how brutally he kills one of the main characters or not.

There are negatives and positives to both. Overall, the comic is better because it was Robert Kirkman's original vision coming to life. He uses the TV show to play around with different ideas he had for everything.

Edited by J2112YYZ

NEW SEASON STARTED:

Yes it was a great episode. The hazard flashers helped attract the zombies.

The point was emphasized over and over again...Let's create sounds.

Daryl revving the engine..it was all about sounds.

They mentioned nothing about displaying a visual for the walkers

I think the hazards were a funny mistake....

Did Daryl have HIS flashers on- NO....Anyway, the kindness she showed other drivers was awesome..

I guess so. I didn't think that much about it.

Most bikes don't have hazard flashers.

What gets me is how slow the zombies are. They're so slow that it doesn't seem like it would be at all hard to get away from them if you came up against a large group.

I still don't know why they don't go live on a small island somewhere.

Good launch to the new season. Interesting and stylized. Looking forward to another season. Good guilty pleasure TV. I will never confuse this with great television, but it is at least a fun show...made even better by Talking Dead with Chris Hardwick for an hour afterward.

Good launch to the new season. Interesting and stylized. Looking forward to another season. Good guilty pleasure TV. I will never confuse this with great television, but it is at least a fun show...made even better by Talking Dead with Chris Hardwick for an hour afterward.

What is "great television"? I better not hear any crap like Friends. ;)

Friends is great

• Like 1

Friends is great

:LOL:

Not even going to fight that because I know how loved that show is.

• Like 1

Friends is great

Could you beeeee anymore laid back from dissing friends.

• Like 1

Friends is great

Could you beeeee anymore laid back from dissing friends.

It doesn't matter. It's all just interests/hobbies.

• Like 1

Breaking Bad is great television.

• Like 2

Friends is great

Friends is awful. And it's partly responsible for spawning a ton of derivative crap in its aftermath.

• Like 2

Okay. I've never seen it but my friends tell me that I'd like it.

The Walking Dead suffers from not having a singular vision guiding its writing and production. Breaking Bad, the Wire, the Sopranos, Fargo are all shows that benefit from a vision. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the Walking Dead has suffered because it lacked a cohesive vision. It's getting better, but it will always be AAA to the Majors.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 1

Friends is great

Friends is awful. And it's partly responsible for spawning a ton of derivative crap in its aftermath.

Can't argue with its detrimental effect on subsequent TV show trends.

I love the show but it definitely is easy for me to see why one might detest it.

Humour is all subjective! I get a lot of weird looks when I laugh at 30 Rock, coz a lot of people I know hate it!

Sons Of Anarchy was a pretty good show as well.

Some of the violent ways the characters died on that show I wish would have happened to the cast of Friends ;)

The Walking Dead suffers from not having a singular vision guiding its writing and production. Breaking Bad, the Wire, the Sopranos, Fargo are all shows that benefit from a vision. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the Walking Dead has suffered because it lacked a cohesive vision. It's getting better, but it will always be AAA to the Majors.

Well said

Everyone still watching this season?

These first three episodes rank among the best stretches in the whole series. But after the huge death that happened last night :( Rick's decision to lead those zombies, who weren't bothering anyone btw, out of that quarry, has proven to be a fatal one. It has now potentially doomed everyone at Alexandria and everyone else who is not inside it's walls are probably goners. The dumbest decision Rick has made in the whole series so far.

Everything really looks like it's going to hell now. When done right, that can make for some interesting TV.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

These first three episodes rank among the best stretches in the whole series. But after the huge death that happened last night :( Rick's decision to lead those zombies, who weren't bothering anyone btw, out of that quarry, has proven to be a fatal one. It has now potentially doomed everyone at Alexandria and everyone else who is not inside it's walls are probably goners. The dumbest decision Rick has made in the whole series so far.

Everything really looks like it's going to hell now. When done right, that can make for some interesting TV.

I don't think leading the zombies out of the quarry was a bad decision. The logic was sound - the quarry was vulnerable. It was going to break and the zombies were going to swarm Alexandria. The Wolves were the problem.

By the way, so far, the best season yet.

• Like 1

What makes you think there was a huge death?

I don't think leading the zombies out of the quarry was a bad decision. The logic was sound - the quarry was vulnerable. It was going to break and the zombies were going to swarm Alexandria. The Wolves were the problem.

By the way, so far, the best season yet.

Solidly entertaining season so far although still lots to criticize. I'm not feeling next week's filler episode-- an extended one which will show us how Morgan became a ninja master. The episode in and of itself might be decent but probably meaningless to the story right now.