The Walking Dead

vital signz

I think the spinoff might suck badly.

and it might not :)

There are lessons to learn from The Walking Dead. If they are not taken into account, the show is doomed. And the producers are idiots.

• Like 1

I think it is way to early predicting Fear The Walking Dead will be some failure. Unless one really hates the current show.
  • Like 1

I think it is way to early predicting Fear The Walking Dead will be some failure. Unless one really hates the current show.

Agreed. I'm hoping for the best. Plus it'll be interesting to see how the outbreak started.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to the spin off. It will be nice to see how the outbreak started but i'm really looking forward to seeing how other groups of people deal with the situation. Do they turn out to be just like Rick? The Governor? The people from Terminus? Or do they handle it in a completely different way that we haven't seen yet?
  • Like 2

I could have said the same for Better Call Saul and look where it is now...

Better Call Saul has the best writers and producers in the business.

TWD has never been known for writing.

• Like 1

I could have said the same for Better Call Saul and look where it is now...

Better Call Saul has the best writers and producers in the business.

TWD has never been known for writing.

True dat. TWD is a guilty and fun pleasure for me more than anything (fine enough), but it's not necessarily quality television and certainly not on the level of Saul.

Fear The Walking Dead premieres this sunday at nine. Here's the trailer:

Like I said before, it will be interesting to see how the whole thing started since that isn't covered in TWD. We get to see how everything went to hell.

Like I said before, it will be interesting to see how the whole thing started since that isn't covered in TWD. We get to see how everything went to hell.

I like how this isn't taking one of the other Walking Dead characters and placing him/her at the onset of the outbreak. The laziest thing would've been to take (say) Daryl or Michonne and placed them before TWD days. I like how this is not only a prequel of sorts but also has completely different characters (with apparently no combat skills) in the 2nd most populated city in the states. ALSO, the zombies should look totally different because ALL of them will be freshly deceased. An exciting time in a world of walkers :blaze:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDxew5SguVw

I like how this isn't taking one of the other Walking Dead characters and placing him/her at the onset of the outbreak. The laziest thing would've been to take (say) Daryl or Michonne and placed them before TWD days. I like how this is not only a prequel of sorts but also has completely different characters (with apparently no combat skills) in the 2nd most populated city in the states. ALSO, the zombies should look totally different because ALL of them will be freshly deceased. An exciting time in a world of walkers :blaze:

Yes, the zombies will look like normal people still since it's the start of it. That no doubt led to more people turning into zombies since they would have their guard down when approaching one or trying to help somebody. I'm looking forward to seeing how they pull this off. This first season is only six episodes, then the next season is supposed to be something like fifteen and then that's all. It's just supposed to be a mini series to show how everything began.

I'm sure they got other spin off ideas in the works after this one is over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDxew5SguVw

Yes, the zombies will look like normal people still since it's the start of it. That no doubt led to more people turning into zombies since they would have their guard down when approaching one or trying to help somebody. I'm looking forward to seeing how they pull this off. This first season is only six episodes, then the next season is supposed to be something like fifteen and then that's all. It's just supposed to be a mini series to show how everything began.

I'm sure they got other spin off ideas in the works after this one is over.

IF it's super popular, surely it'll be extended even more.

As far as other spin offs, I guess another angle would be to go way past TWD days. That is, say 5-10 years past the outbreak.

I think the first two episodes of Fear The Walking Dead have been solid. They're building up slowly to how everything happened and anyone who has a problem with that is wanting too much too soon. It's only two episodes in, so let everything play out for three or four episodes before everything finally goes to hell.

It's a spin off but it's still The Walking Dead and we all know they do the slow build and then give the big payoff most of the time.

• Like 1

NEW SEASON STARTED:

Sasha using Hazards while driving. I laughed for 10 minutes, thanks for warning the other drivers.

When u see it, u will understand

NEW SEASON STARTED:

Sasha using Hazards while driving. I laughed for 10 minutes, thanks for warning the other drivers.

How is this season shaping up so far? Good episode?

• Like 1

NEW SEASON STARTED:

Yes it was a great episode. The hazard flashers helped attract the zombies.

• Like 1

NEW SEASON STARTED:

Yeah, but it was still funny to see them flashing with no other cars on the road.

This really was a very good, well executed episode. One of the better ones in the whole series. The only thing that might turn someone off from it might be the constant changes between what was going on in the past and what was currently happening. I like how the flashbacks were done in black and white. Although at first my dumbass thought something might be wrong with my TV during the first black and white scene :LOL:

So, the big question now is who honked the horn at the end to draw some of the zombies away from the herd? My guess is that it's those Wolves guys or someone in Alexandria who doesn't like Rick and the group and wants them dead? Hopefully, we find out next week and it's not something that's drawn out for a month.

Eugene was funny as hell in this episode. Respect the hair game :yes:

• Like 1

NEW SEASON STARTED:

The point was emphasized over and over again...Let's create sounds.

Daryl revving the engine..it was all about sounds.

They mentioned nothing about displaying a visual for the walkers

I think the hazards were a funny mistake....

Did Daryl have HIS flashers on- NO....Anyway, the kindness she showed other drivers was awesome..

NEW SEASON STARTED:

Morgan is the glue. He needs to stick around.

The Mexican chicks can go. Useless. No crying, so no FF required. It was a good beginning, with a unique story approach.

Me personally, I don't make it a habit of intentionally releasing 6000 things that can kill me, but hey man,. whatever floats your boat.

NEW SEASON STARTED:

Me personally, I don't make it a habit of intentionally releasing 6000 things that can kill me, but hey man,. whatever floats your boat.

It doesn't quite make sense at first does it? But when you realize Rick was trying to stop a problem before it occurs, you understand why he did it. Still, I wouldn't have done that myself. It was a solid plan but the risk, as shown at the end, was way too high. I would have left the zombies in the quarry and only worried about them if the time came.

NEW SEASON STARTED:

It doesn't quite make sense at first does it? But when you realize Rick was trying to stop a problem before it occurs, you understand why he did it. Still, I wouldn't have done that myself. It was a solid plan but the risk, as shown at the end, was way too high. I would have left the zombies in the quarry and only worried about them if the time came.

I would have figured out a way to burn them.

They are already corralled, apparently tons of 3 year old gasoline still in all of these vehicles, to line them all up on the road.

LIGHT EM UP

• Like 1

I gave up on this around season 3. Starting to regret it!
  • Like 1