The Walking Dead

vital signz

For me, the key to enjoying the show is watching how each character is struggling with coming to terms with each new set of circumstances. What to trust and what not to trust. Unfortunately, sometimes the writers seem to have a hard time prioritizing and focusing. Anyway, the show has a pattern of down time and rising conflict. We're into the rising conflict phase again and that's when The Walking Dead is a good show.
  • Like 1

For me, the key to enjoying the show is watching how each character is struggling with coming to terms with each new set of circumstances. What to trust and what not to trust. Unfortunately, sometimes the writers seem to have a hard time prioritizing and focusing. Anyway, the show has a pattern of down time and rising conflict. We're into the rising conflict phase again and that's when The Walking Dead is a good show.

What I really appreciate is the notion the show has gotten to the root of the story arc: Rick and his band, not the zombies, are the walking dead. Rick, of course, made the speech in the barn that finally announced that to the new TV audience (although comic readers knew that piece long ago). The whole construct of Alexandria seems to be driving that point home. Rick and his merry band of skull crushers can't function in anything close to previously "normal" or "human".... and even have designs on marauding the place for themselves (not very civilized, there, Mr. Sheriff).

Of course, we all know how this is gonna play out....

• Like 1

What I really appreciate is the notion the show has gotten to the root of the story arc: Rick and his band, not the zombies, are the walking dead. Rick, of course, made the speech in the barn that finally announced that to the new TV audience (although comic readers knew that piece long ago). The whole construct of Alexandria seems to be driving that point home. Rick and his merry band of skull crushers can't function in anything close to previously "normal" or "human".... and even have designs on marauding the place for themselves (not very civilized, there, Mr. Sheriff).

What's the deal with the 'W' carved into skulls?

And we know they like the 'A' on the hand....hmm...Test lab nearby??

What's the deal with the 'W' carved into skulls?

And we know they like the 'A' on the hand....hmm...Test lab nearby??

***SPOILER ALERT***

I am betting the "W" refers to the Wolves that have been hinted at a couple of times. The Wolves are probably either the TV version of the DC Avengers, Negan's Saviors, or both. Or they could be speeding up to the Whisperers who are currently in the comic (as crazy Morgan actually made a reference to the behavior of the Whisperers when Rick found him).

I think the "A" is for "Alexandria (Free Zone)", but also a symbolic reference to the train car at Terminus. My hunch is Kirkman is suggesting that Alexandria is equally as bad as Terminus, but for different reason. Both are the end of the line if they don't get moving.

• Like 1

Did anyone else notice the Audio for last night's 3-15 show have some drops in it?

Seriously, it was some mumbling 2 or 3 times?

I actually had to turn on the Closed Captioning to hear Abraham and when the 2 Alexandria dudes were talking.

I love the show, but seriously, how many times can a group of people get surprised by a horde of slow, loud zombies (at the construction site). It's happening on just about every episode now.

Here's one thing I don't understand. If they figured out at Hershel's farm that the virus, disease, whatever is already inside of everyone and that no matter how someone dies they will come back, How do they explain that a small bite turns someone into a zombie when most of the bites don't appear to be life-threatening otherwise?

• Like 1

It's also sort of interesting how the group does NOT ask the important questions when they encounter a New group.

Hey Relayer, we know those 7 zombies snuck up on Buttons...LOL

That horse would, SHOULD have kicked those Zombies in the head. That would have rocked

Clearly the horse lost the will to live and just submitted to its inevitable fate.

With all the experience that these people have in a zombie infested world, why do some of them insist on using knives to dispatch zombies when they want to conserve ammo? I'd insist on something a little longer if they wanted me to go scavenge. Michonne is the smartest one in the bunch.

Clearly the horse lost the will to live and just submitted to its inevitable fate.

With all the experience that these people have in a zombie infested world, why do some of them insist on using knives to dispatch zombies when they want to conserve ammo? I'd insist on something a little longer if they wanted me to go scavenge. Michonne is the smartest one in the bunch.

So true, make a blade on a Broom handle. why risk getting up close and personal.

So much can go wrong.

Plus all those clean, empty, undisturbed homes...has to have ammo, guns and ..wait for it.............

Clean clothes in the closets.....yet the main group never searches for that...

They eat icing.........dumbasses

I love the show, but seriously, how many times can a group of people get surprised by a horde of slow, loud zombies (at the construction site). It's happening on just about every episode now.

Here's one thing I don't understand. If they figured out at Hershel's farm that the virus, disease, whatever is already inside of everyone and that no matter how someone dies they will come back, How do they explain that a small bite turns someone into a zombie when most of the bites don't appear to be life-threatening otherwise?

That's pretty easy to explain: A bite from a decaying, bacteria filled creature is fundamentally life threatening. But, really, it's a show about zombies. If we are looking for actual scientific explanations....

That's pretty easy to explain: A bite from a decaying, bacteria filled creature is fundamentally life threatening. But, really, it's a show about zombies. If we are looking for actual scientific explanations....

The Spinoff will approach the angle from a 'Medical standpoint' according to reports.

And be based in LA....Strikes 1 and 2

3-22-2015- YAWN.............Has it ended yet.

Only good thing was Michonne shut Rick up..............

Season ends tonight- Any thoughts?

I'm indifferent

i have a feeling just as they about to toss Rick out, the baddies that have been carving "W" in walker foreheads will show up at the gates.

• Like 1

Season ends tonight- Any thoughts?

I'm indifferent

i have a feeling just as they about to toss Rick out, the baddies that have been carving "W" in walker foreheads will show up at the gates.

Someone brought up the 'W' is an upside down 'M'.

Not sure of the meaning, or why.

I'm too lazy to read comics.

If Rick gets exiled, half the group will leave, or is that their MASTER plan????

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Best season so far. It's still not a great show, but it certainly doesn't suck.

my only complaint with the season is they seemed to rush through the Terminus storyline.

• Like 1

Best season so far. It's still not a great show, but it certainly doesn't suck.

my only complaint with the season is they seemed to rush through the Terminus storyline.

The show's major problem is the writing. The Terminus storyline was resolved way to quickly. Anyway, I like The Walking Dead, if anything it's an hour of vicarious living in a zombie apocolypse. I love the fact that it's getting better each season.

• Like 1