The Walking Dead

vital signz

The Beth episode was fecking terrible.

As was last nights episode.

Any episode that doesn't include Carol, Darrel or Rick is going to suffer because they are by far the most interesting and invested characters in the show. Whatever happens to anyone else is secondary. After three excellent episodes to start the season, the last two have been completely underwhelming.

I thought it was a good episode especially the ending with Eugene and his secret.

I liked the flashbacks into the red headed guys past too. It's interesting to see how these people got to where they did and how they survived. You could almost make another series based on past events in characters lives.

Overall this season has been the best, even the Beth episode wasn't that bad. At least I haven't found myself screaming in my head saying "why are you doing that, or why don 't you do this?!!!" Although I still think they should find some heavy construction equipment or military vehicles to plow through the herds of walkers with.

• Like 1

The Walking Dead is still far from being a brilliant show, it has flaws the writers can't seem to fix. With that said, this season, up to now, is absolutely the best season so far. The first three episodes rank among the best episodes ever, and while the Beth episode isn't as good as I initially thought, it still served its purpose by introducing new characters and obstacles.

I love the flash backs and concurrent story lines. So much is happening. I can't wait for the obvious cliffhanger that's approaching.

The Walking Dead is still far from being a brilliant show, it has flaws the writers can't seem to fix. With that said, this season, up to now, is absolutely the best season so far. The first three episodes rank among the best episodes ever, and while the Beth episode isn't as good as I initially thought, it still served its purpose by introducing new characters and obstacles.

I love the flash backs and concurrent story lines. So much is happening. I can't wait for the obvious cliffhanger that's approaching.

definitely not Breaking Bad brilliant but I still love it, and its gotten much better since the first couple of seasons. I almost bailed during season 2.

Rick is definitely the best character as he should be. I like how he and Shane were at such odds in season two as to how to run things that is drove Rick to kill him. And now, Rick is pretty much exactly like Shane. It just took Rick longer to get to the point where he realized things aren't gonna be the same anymore and you can't trust or take no shit from anybody now.

I thought the mid season finale was decent but in the end the hospital storyline serves no purpose if most of those people don't go with Rick. We still need random useless background characters for zombie fodder after all. As for the surprise death at the end, I found it was rather pointless and was just done for the sake of drama much like how Dale and Andrea's deaths were earlier in the series. It was a solid fist half for the season but maybe Rick should think about hanging out at that hospital for a little while. At least the group can get a rest from running and have some shelter for a bit.

Rick is definitely the best character as he should be. I like how he and Shane were at such odds in season two as to how to run things that is drove Rick to kill him. And now, Rick is pretty much exactly like Shane. It just took Rick longer to get to the point where he realized things aren't gonna be the same anymore and you can't trust or take no shit from anybody now.

I thought the mid season finale was decent but in the end the hospital storyline serves no purpose if most of those people don't go with Rick. We still need random useless background characters for zombie fodder after all. As for the surprise death at the end, I found it was rather pointless and was just done for the sake of drama much like how Dale and Andrea's deaths were earlier in the series. It was a solid fist half for the season but maybe Rick should think about hanging out at that hospital for a little while. At least the group can get a rest from running and have some shelter for a bit.

Hell no. You can't trust any of those people. The only way Rick's group could stay at the hospital is to kill every single person currently in the hospital. While Rick is someone who will do what he has to do, I do not think he is a full blown sociopath and he is still going to give people a chance to survive. Leaving the hospital makes sense. Plus being the stationary target doesn't seem to ever work out for anyone on this show so I think staying mobile and mostly hidden is still the smartest way to survive.

I have to wonder if the cops at the hospital won't be a problem for the group in the future. Especially the one guy that was part of the swap. That dude needed to eat a bullet after that fight with Daryl. Rick was ready to put him down and probably should have.

I was underwhelmed with the mid season finale.

I think the season premier kind of set a bar that was going to be hard to match.

The finale lacked the drama that we have seen from previous finale's. I wonder if people have been happier to see a crazy all out war with the hospital? It might have been interesting to see Rick and his crew raid the hospital to get Beth and Carol back. In the end I was alright with how it ended. If every season ended with a full scale war with whoever the current nemesis is, then that plot line would get stale fast.

Yeah, the first three episodes this season set the bar really high and the last several episodes have not matched them, but, I'll take it.

It's funny, either the writers drag out a storyline or end it rather quickly. Hopefully, a balance will be reached.

Anyway, I obviously like The Waking Dead, warts and all.

• Like 1

I think they should have kept the Terminus group around a little longer. The kid with the baseball hat who escaped from the cabin.. I was hoping to see him be a major thorn in Ricks side. The rogue , psycho cops at the hospital storyline just didn't do it for me. Edited by Xanadoood

No replies to this in a while. I found last night's episode (getting through the gates of that new self-sustaining community run by the congresswoman) to be the best one since Carol shot Lizzie (or whatever her name was) while the girl looked at the flowers. :D

Love the dynamic of the group in a situation so comfortable that they are just entirely on edge all the time. Anyhow, a pretty darn good episode.

Anyone else notice that the walls of the community are braced...on the wrong side? Normally you'd have those kicker braces to the INSIDE of the wall, as the force of these zombie bodies gathering at the walls would apply force on the outside of the wall (and the brace inside would resist and distribute that load). However, the braces are on the zombie side. Could be an oversight in production design (oops)...or could be that the walls were put in to (ultimately and for some still unknown reason) keep people in rather than out. I realize they let people go out at will, but that could be to make nice and show a trusting face with Rick and company....FOR NOW. ;)

We'll see.

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 1

No replies to this in a while. I found last night's episode (getting through the gates of that new self-sustaining community run by the congresswoman) to be the best one since Carol shot Lizzie (or whatever her name was) while the girl looked at the flowers. :D

Love the dynamic of the group in a situation so comfortable that they are just entirely on edge all the time. Anyhow, a pretty darn good episode.

Anyone else notice that the walls of the community are braced...on the wrong side? Normally you'd have those kicker braces to the INSIDE of the wall, as the force of these zombie bodies gathering at the walls would apply force on the outside of the wall (and the brace inside would resist and distribute that load). However, the braces are on the zombie side. Could be an oversight in production design (oops)...or could be that the walls were put in to (ultimately and for some still unknown reason) keep people in rather than out. I realize they let people go out at will, but that could be to make nice and show a trusting face with Rick and company....FOR NOW. ;)

We'll see.

I really like this direction this is going. It was odd that Father Gabriel was nowhere to be seen.

We'll see.

I really like this direction this is going. It was odd that Father Gabriel was nowhere to be seen.

Good point about the padre. I'd not noticed. (Says something, eh?) :D

I HAVEN'T WATCHED THIS EPISODE YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously, spoilers don't bother me. i'm very curious as to where this new "community" will take them.

Since having watch this series since the beginning i'm always on the edge of my seat through most of the episodes.

i have to stop watching it while i'm eating though.... :puke:

Edited by ladirushfan80

We'll see.

Father Gabirel was there. Quiet and in the background.

I haven't liked the three episodes before this but I did like this one. The group actually has a purpose now instead of aimlessly wandering around with no place to call home. They were in Alexandria for a long time in the comic, I wonder how long they'll make it last on the show? I'm guessing they'll still be there come next season. I don't mind when the group is out walking around but they can only have so many episodes like that before it gets boring.

This show has gone off the rails in so many ways.

I still watch, but it crawls every single week. Thank god Rick shaved that mess

They just announced the season finale will be 90 minutes long...YAWN

I guess we can all get in a 45 minute nap during that episode.

Interesting episode tonight, but still just a few steps above watching grass grow.

I need some action and much more zombies.

Less drama more horror, I guess.

That being said, you can't help but wonder where this "community thing" is going.

Edited by ReGorLaTroy

Interesting episode tonight, but still just a few steps above watching grass grow.

That being said, you can't help but wonder where this "community thing" is going.

I like the drama, one can only watch so many zombie kills. The horse scene sucked.

• Like 2

I like the drama, one can only watch so many zombie kills. The horse scene sucked.

Exactly. Just killing zombies all the time would get boring real fast. This show is a drama with action thrown in to keep it from getting too boring. Plus, the zombies aren't the real threat anymore, it's the survivors and the things they do in order to stay alive. I thought the show established that in the second and third seasons. The human struggle to survive is what makes this show different and better than any other zombie show/film that's been made. It shows the true reality of what the world would be like if this were to happen for real. The horse scene reminded me of the pilot where the zombies devoured the horse Rick rode into Atlanta on.